Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 24, 2024, 04:01:42 am

SEC Network did us wrong today.

Started by luke hawg, July 10, 2017, 07:20:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

It flashed across the bottom of Bret Bielema's name that he was the only coach to win back to back bowl games in Arkansas history.

Andrew Hogfan

Its true. I just googled it. Maybe it should be say back to back in consecutive years? Cause the only thing i could find was victories in 76 & 78, but we missed in 77. And those were different coaches
WPS!!!

luke hawg

Three and Snout

Right, only Razorback coach to win bowl games in consecutive seasons.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: luke hawg on July 10, 2017, 07:32:24 pm
Holy Crap we suck.

Yes we were a really bad team in bowl games. Last 2 coaches have actually done pretty good in the bowl games. 4-2 in the last 9 years I believe.  Before that it was 10-21-3
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Biggus Piggus

Petrino won bowls after 2009 and 2011.
Nutt won bowls after 1999 and 2003.
Ford never won a bowl game.
Crowe never won a bowl game.
Hatfield won a bowl after the 1985 season and that's all.
Holtz won bowls after 1977, 1980 and 1982.
Broyles won bowls after 1959, 1964, 1968, and 1975 seasons.
[CENSORED]!

PorkSoda

so nutt bragged that he went to 6 consecutive bowl games...but only won 2 of them?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Stephen Greene

bowls suck

did anyone factor that in?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 10, 2017, 09:52:51 pm
so nutt bragged that he went to 6 consecutive bowl games...but only won 2 of them?

Yes following that Hatfield took us to more!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.