Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LPGA tour

Started by GolfNut57, May 26, 2017, 11:10:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

I haven't seen Morgan Pressel mentioned at all so far this season. Is she just playing so bad right now that she is nowhere near the top of any leaderboard every week and thus getting no coverage or is she sitting out tournaments due to some injury problems?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

EastexHawg

Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 26, 2017, 11:10:22 am
I haven't seen Morgan Pressel mentioned at all so far this season. Is she just playing so bad right now that she is nowhere near the top of any leaderboard every week and thus getting no coverage or is she sitting out tournaments due to some injury problems?

Odd you mention her, I wondered the same thing within the last few days.  I just looked her up.  Morgan is playing this year, just not very well.  She actually played in last week's Kingsmill tournament and missed the cut.  It was her 5th missed cut in 10 tournaments this season.  She has only finished inside the top 30 once.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 26, 2017, 11:51:48 am
Odd you mention her, I wondered the same thing within the last few days.  I just looked her up.  Morgan is playing this year, just not very well.  She actually played in last week's Kingsmill tournament and missed the cut.  It was her 5th missed cut in 10 tournaments this season.  She has only finished inside the top 30 once.

I remember when Morgan and Paula Creamer were teens that were supposed to succeed Annika as the top players in the game and lead an American renaissance on the women's tour.  Both played well the first few years they were on tour, but both have fallen on fairly hard times recently.  Honestly, neither is a top 10 American anymore although they are still young enough that they could rebound. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hawgon

It seems to me that a lot of women athletes hit their peaks between the ages of 14 and 20 and then it is downhill from there.

GolfNut57

Quote from: hawgon on May 26, 2017, 06:10:45 pm
It seems to me that a lot of women athletes hit their peaks between the ages of 14 and 20 and then it is downhill from there.

Somebody should tell Laurie Davies that. The old battleaxe is still out there despite being near 70........or so it seems. No idea why she even bothers to play on the tour anymore. She is way past the point of being able to seriously contend for a title and is only taking up a spot a young and more competitive golfer should have.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 26, 2017, 09:29:08 pm
Somebody should tell Laurie Davies that. The old battleaxe is still out there despite being near 70........or so it seems. No idea why she even bothers to play on the tour anymore. She is way past the point of being able to seriously contend for a title and is only taking up a spot a young and more competitive golfer should have.

She's trying to pick up the cute Koreans.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

EastexHawg

The top three after round three of the Volvik are:

Shanshan Feng
Lizette Salas
Suzann Pettersen

One of these things is not like the others.  If the final round is washed out and they decide to determine the champion through a Hostess Twinkie eating contest I know who my money is NOT on.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 27, 2017, 08:14:08 am
She's trying to pick up the cute Koreans.

Unfortunately for her she is past her prime and well out of contention for that too. .  ;)

hogbud

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 27, 2017, 06:03:31 pm
The top three after round three of the Volvik are:

Shanshan Feng
Lizette Salas
Suzann Pettersen

One of these things is not like the others.  If the final round is washed out and they decide to determine the champion through a Hostess Twinkie eating contest I know who my money is NOT on.

Salas could use a Salad

EastexHawg

Quote from: hogbud on May 27, 2017, 07:29:17 pm

Salas could use a Salad

Yes she could, and she is a Victoria's Secret model compared to Feng.

hawgon

Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 26, 2017, 09:29:08 pm

Davies is a woman?  Who knew?