Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

103.7 The Buzz Morning Show

Started by razorbackfaninar, May 19, 2017, 11:58:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackfaninar

So I have not listened to this show in some time, but I apparently forgot to renew my Sirius XM subscription, so today I had it on on the ride in to work.  I'm not taking a shot at anybody, I am just asking, did something happen to Tommy Smith? Did he have a stroke or something?  He sounds like he is having trouble talking, and there were a few commercials he did where I could barely understand him. I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about it. I wasn't sure the right forum for this.     

mizzouman

Show is hard to listen to and I've tried.  David Bazzel interrupts just about everyone including guests.  I listened to it one morning while driving out of state and didn't even know they had a guest on for like 10 minutes because Bazzel is just talking about nothing and interrupting everyone.

As far a Smith, not sure.

Wildhog

Dropping in for my obligatory, "what a terrible radio show" post
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 19, 2017, 02:54:04 pm
It's not even a sports show... It's 'entertainment'. To me, it's just background noise.

It's not even "entertainment."
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Arthur pigby sellers.

Thank God for Satellite radio. 

The only thing worse than the morning show is having to listen to Randy and Rick in the afternoon.  Actually nothing is worse than listening to the morning show. The sound of my cars engine is much more enjoyable.

pigture perfect

I don't listen to the morning show much, but when I do it's like a 50/50 shot of whether I'm entertained or not.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

razorbackfaninar

Well I haven't listened much in the last few years so that's why I was kind of shocked at how Tommy sounded and I wasn't sure if it was common knowledge that something had happened to him and I had just missed it or what. It used to be an OK show and I used to listen to Tommy on Magic when I had just graduated from high-school and had a job driving a delivery truck.

DeltaBoy

I listen to the Morning Rush till it goes off then the Buzz till 1pm then back to ESPN 96.3 Arkansas.  I just can't take the Dan Lenard crew on ESPN morning I wish Mike and Mike was back in that slot.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on May 19, 2017, 04:41:09 pm
Well I haven't listened much in the last few years so that's why I was kind of shocked at how Tommy sounded and I wasn't sure if it was common knowledge that something had happened to him and I had just missed it or what. It used to be an OK show and I used to listen to Tommy on Magic when I had just graduated from high-school and had a job driving a delivery truck.

I live in Memphis so it's rare when I listen to any of it, but I've had the same thoughts and questions as you.  Magic 105 came on the air my senior year of high school so I kind of grew up with it.  Tommy, along with Tom Wood, Michael P and a couple of others, were all great.  Back then Tommy was genuinely entertaining.  But apparently he hasn't aged well and it's obvious from all the posts and thread over the years that his show on the Buzz is not considered to be very good. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.