Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Answer to All Our Football Woes!!

Started by Deep Shoat, May 16, 2017, 03:21:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Shoat

I called in sick to work today so I could work on this proposal so it would be ready to email to the BoT by the end of business today.  I am almost done with it, and wanted to run it by the smartest football minds I know.

So, you know how we never really seem to get over the hump?  We are just snakebit when it comes to football?  I think I've found the answer.

First, we need to fire CBB and Jeff Long.  This can't happen soon enough, because we need to move on the second part quickly before fall practice.

Second, we go out and hire the best coach we can find.  Probably one with a history of winning.  Someone like Saban, or if we can't get him, Belichek.  What?  Saban just signed a huge extension at Alabama?  Belichek is an NFL coach and wouldn't know how to recruit?  Ok, well, someone who has won big in another Power 5 conference.  Young, but experienced, and who has a reputation for developing players and getting them to the NFL.  You know, a perfect hire.

Then, we give him EXACTLY four years. Make sure he understands this.  Four years.  You win an SEC Championship and make it to the playoffs in no more than Four Years.  If he doesn't, fire his ass.  Fire his ass and hire another one.  And we give him the same ultimatum.  No one should need more than Four Years to win in College Football.

Oh, and we pay him no more than $1 Million/year until he wins a playoff game.

Take the time to give me some feedback here.  I want this to be perfect before I hit send at 5PM.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Deep Shoat on May 16, 2017, 03:21:38 pm
I called in sick to work today so I could work on this proposal so it would be ready to email to the BoT by the end of business today.  I am almost done with it, and wanted to run it by the smartest football minds I know.

So, you know how we never really seem to get over the hump?  We are just snakebit when it comes to football?  I think I've found the answer.

First, we need to fire CBB and Jeff Long.  This can't happen soon enough, because we need to move on the second part quickly before fall practice.

Second, we go out and hire the best coach we can find.  Probably one with a history of winning.  Someone like Saban, or if we can't get him, Belichek.  What?  Saban just signed a huge extension at Alabama?  Belichek is an NFL coach and wouldn't know how to recruit?  Ok, well, someone who has won big in another Power 5 conference.  Young, but experienced, and who has a reputation for developing players and getting them to the NFL.  You know, a perfect hire.

Then, we give him EXACTLY four years. Make sure he understands this.  Four years.  You win an SEC Championship and make it to the playoffs in no more than Four Years.  If he doesn't, fire his ass.  Fire his ass and hire another one.  And we give him the same ultimatum.  No one should need more than Four Years to win in College Football.

Take the time to give me some feedback here.  I want this to be perfect before I hit send at 5PM.
Too bad you called in with the fib saying you were sick if THIS is the best you can come up with. Then again, if this is any indication of the "high quality" of work perhaps your place of employment actually benefited greatly from your false illness. Something tells me the nation's GDP rose at least 1% today as a result.  :-X One last thing: I'm just SHOCKED, I tell you, SHOCKED that this whole thread was relegated so quickly to the trash heap.  ;)

BigoBoys

RebelliousHog

I'll be more blunt.

It's a silly ass idea.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Vantage 8 dude

Guessing that since we haven't seen any further lunacy-based rants that you've gone back to work. Extremely  fortunate for us; however, a total disaster for them. 8)

PorkSoda

He obviously plagiarized this from hogville.  I'm pretty sure I can find each of his ideas word for word in a number of MMQB threads.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

husker71

I like you "can do" spirit     Operation ruin the Hogs forever  should commence immediately and if it is as successful as I think it can be I hope someone will name the football field after you.  Congratulations to you Debbie Wasserman Schultz

DLUXHOG

You're trying to whittle when there's no wood left....  silly, no, inane idea...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DeltaBoy

Pay the players and gets some gals from the 7 veils to entertain the recuits!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

goodguytex

No coach in his right mind would go anywhere near a job ultimatum like that. That idea may have sounded really great in your head, but for your own sake, in your head is where it needs to stay.

riccoar

You left one other caveat out.  We need to join the Big 12 so we can win 10-11 games a year again.  Or the Sun Belt if we want to go undefeated.