Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Softball is going to ... (NCAAT bracket announcement live thread)

Started by psycHOGlogist, May 14, 2017, 09:05:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

Minnesota does not host! Wow - B1G Champs with the best record in the country doesn't get a top 16 seed. (Their schedule was garbage, so ... that's why. But still, huge upset!) They're headed to Alabama.

Bama #16 seed nationally, lower than had been expected.

Florida #1, as expected.

psycHOGlogist

Tennessee #8
TAMU #9

So if they win, they play each other in a super. TAMU has Texas in their regional. Tennessee should cruise through their regional, I think.

psycHOGlogist

Ole Miss gets #12 seed
UCLA #5

Would be an interesting matchup in the super. Ole Miss has both Arizona State and UNC in their region. Tough. UCLA's region looks much less tough.

psycHOGlogist

LSU gets #13 seed
FSU gets #4

ULL does not host, gets sent to Baton Rouge. UGA goes to Florida State. ULL fans will be super pissed by that. Should be an interesting super.

psycHOGlogist

psycHOGlogist

Oregon gets #3
Kentucky gets #14

Mizzou has to travel out to Eugene. Kentucky hosts Illinois and Marshall, who both had pretty good seasons. But have to think both these seeds advance.

psycHOGlogist

#11 goes to Utah - sort of a surprise! BYU and Miss St going to visit them.

#6 is Washington, hosting Michigan. Wow. An all Pac-12 super if it goes to seed.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

psycHOGlogist

#7 Auburn.
#10 Oklahoma. And we're going to Norman, with Tulsa, too. Ugh. This sucks, imo. We've played them both this season. I don't like this for us, but it's not too big of a surprise.

But YAY - we're going to the NCAAT!

Auburn gets Notre Dame and Cal.

Scott7703

Got a good draw in my opinion.

Rather go to Norman and play teams I know we can beat.

psycHOGlogist

#15 is Baylor
#2 is Arizona

South Carolina goes out to Tucson.
In Waco, they have to host JMU - a team with a very good pitcher.

psycHOGlogist

That's the field. I don't like our assignment, but I'm happy we're in! OU isn't as good this year, apparently, as they were last year when they won. But it's a tough draw with Tulsa, too.

North Dakota State is the 4th team in our regional. They are historically very good, but they had a very down year this year. They are 28-31 overall and got in by winning the Summit League tournament.

psycHOGlogist

flippinhogmana

who would have thought we would be making the tournament before the season started this year?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 14, 2017, 11:05:07 pm
who would have thought we would be making the tournament before the season started this year?

Well, if you really want to know, @coltseaver predicted it. He and I exchanged a bunch of DM's before the season, and I'll be dog-gone if ALMOST every one of them wasn't right on the money. I have since deleted the message by accident, but he predicted the following:

1. The Hogs would do extremely well in the pre-season and win almost all their games.
2. We would take games here and there from the likes of Mizzou and MSU and, despite a losing record in conference, would do enough to make the NCAAT.
3. The Hogs would lead the league in defensive double plays (this is the one he got wrong)
4. The Hogs would be last in the league in stolen bases (we are last BY A MILE), despite having good speed.
5. Storms would clearly emerge as the ace.

There were some others, IIRC, but I can't remember them. But man, I remain incredibly impressed by his prognostication abilities. Dude knows his stuff! (Or, he is a psychic!) He hasn't been around much this season, if at all, but colt, I tip my hat to you!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 14, 2017, 09:05:46 pm
Minnesota does not host! Wow - B1G Champs with the best record in the country doesn't get a top 16 seed. (Their schedule was garbage, so ... that's why. But still, huge upset!) They're headed to Alabama.

Bama #16 seed nationally, lower than had been expected.

Florida #1, as expected.

But how do you play a garbage schedule and come up with a 12 rpi?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Kevin

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 15, 2017, 06:36:26 am

if is like baseball, play a lot of road games
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

nwahogfan1

Tough bracket but they are in.  Go ladies.  Will take some good breaks going our way to advance but this should be good for our program going forward.  Raises the bar.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 15, 2017, 06:36:26 am

Winning 54 games over anyone is pretty good!