Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

game two

Started by flippinhogmana, May 06, 2017, 01:32:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Ch gives up two unearned runs in the first inning (two errors)

Hogs dont score in the bottom half. 2-0 dogs after one
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Ch set them down in order in the top half of the second, 2-0 dogs
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Bottom of the 2nd
NS gets behind 0-1, then 1-1, and grounds out to 1b
Yani gets behind 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, then strikes out swinging, two down
Hiers also gets behind 0-1, 0-2, and strikes out on three pitches, after two 2-0 dogs

flippinhogmana

top of the 3rd
1st batter 1-0, grounds out to ss, one down
2nd batter 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, and walks in front of the dogs best hitter
DiCarlo 0-1, runner steals second for the second time in the game, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, doubles to right center in an eight pitch at bat, 3-0 dogs, still one down
3rd batter will face Katie Warrick, grounds out to 3b on the 1st pitch, runner to third, two down,
4th batter 0-1, and grounds out to ss to end the inning, 3-0 dogs to the bottom half of the 3rd

flippinhogmana

Diaz who hasn't been hitting much lately leads off, works a 1-1 count, 1-2, strikes out swinging, one down for Warrick 1-0, (Warrick homer off this pitcher yesterday) 1-1, 1-2, strikes out swing, two down
Russell grounds out on the first pitch, 3-0 dogs to the top of the 4th

flippinhogmana

1st batter 0-1, 1-2, grounds out to short, 1 down
2nd batter lines out to Russell at 3rd on the first pitch, two down
3rd batter works it to 1-1, then grounds back to Warrick, to the bottom of the 4th.  dogs have only two hits but two errors and a walk have turned that into 3 runs, 3-0 dogs

flippinhogmana

Krzysko 0-1, 1-1, 2-2, grounds out to 2b, one down
Cooper 1-0, pops up to 3b, two down
Belans (who also homered off this pitcher yesterday) works it 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, singles for the hogs first hit
Schroeder 1-0, 2-0, 2-2, strikes out swinging to end the inning, 3-0 dogs

flippinhogmana

top of the 5th
1st batter 1-0 and then grounds out to Belans, one down
2nd batter 1-0, triples to right center, with one down
3rd batter 1-0, with an infield single and the run scores 4-0 dogs, one down, runner on 1st
4th batter (runner leaves early trying to steal and is called out), hitter grounds out to ss on the same pitch.
sort of a double play, but dogs get a run 4-0 bad girls

flippinhogmana

Yani up in the bottom of the 5th 0-1, 1-2, 2-2, full count, strikes out swinging, one down
Hiers 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, flies out to cf, two down
Diaz 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, pops up to 2nd to end the inning, hogs nothing doing so far (one hit and a walk) 4-0 dogs.

flippinhogmana

top of the 6th 0-1, and then doubles to cf on the next pitch
2nd batter 0-1, then homers on the next pitch 6-0 dogs
3rd batter will face Grace Moll

flippinhogmana

3rd batter grounds out to 2nd on first pitch
4th batter works 2-1 count, 3-1, walks, one on one out
5th batter of the inning 0-1, 0-2, strikes out on three pitches, two down, runner on 1st
6th batter 1-1, 1-2, 2-2 as runner steals 2nd, strikes out, 6-0 to the bottom of the 6th

flippinhogmana

Warrick leads off singles to center on the 1st pitch, hogs second hit
Russell 0-1, 0-2, hits into an FC, runner out at second, one down
Krzysko 1-0, 2-0, triples to rf, 6-1 dogs, one out runner on 3rd,
cooper 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, lines out to pitcher, two down, runner still on 3rd
Belans 0-1, 2-1 reaches on a throwing error by ss, run scores 6-2, belans on first
Schroeder 0-1, 0-2, flies out to rf, 6-2 dogs to the top of the 7th

flippinhogmana

1st batter 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, grounds to 1b, one down
2nd batter 0-1, 1-1, grounds out to 1B, two down
3rd batter 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, grounds out to Moll, three down 6-2 dogs, to the bottom of the 7th

flippinhogmana

hogs are on the verge of getting to this pitcher but unfortunately the bottom of the order is up
Yani (wll not face her, Bass comes in) 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, fouls out to 3b in an eight pitch AB, one down
Hiers reaches on an error by the pitcher, one on, one down
Diaz (ph) Bugarin 0-1, 2-2, 3-2, strikes out looking, two down
Warrick 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-2, reaches on an error, runners at 1st and third, two down,
Russell pops up to the pitcher on the 1st pitch to end it, 6-2, rubber game tomorrow at 1pm

psycHOGlogist

Well, LadyBackBBFan was part of the all-time record crowd today. Too bad the errors derailed us early.

Have to come out and try for the series win tomorrow on Senior Day. Assume Moll gets the start, but who knows?

LadybackBBFan

Great crowd.  There were so many girl softball teams there - all pre-teens for the most part.  I would guess 50 teams.  There were more fans in the outfield grass area than we have had at many basketball games.  I wonder if they were counted?  If all in the outfield grass had been in the stadium, it would have been standing room only.  CH needs more control on her pitches.

psycHOGlogist

The tv announcers said that there is a big softball tournament being held in NWA this weekend, but the organizers specifically did not schedule any games during the UA v UGA game time today so all the teams could attend.

Some sharp marketing/development work there.

And yes, CH is not in top form. I also think maybe she needs a change-of-pace pitch before she can really be dominant.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 06, 2017, 07:22:02 pm
The tv announcers said that there is a big softball tournament being held in NWA this weekend, but the organizers specifically did not schedule any games during the UA v UGA game time today so all the teams could attend.

And yes, CH is not in top form. I also think maybe she needs a change-of-pace pitch before she can really be dominant.

CH  had several games when she was top notch, but she seems to be fading, on the other hand it was a good game even if it was just a couple innings for Grace Moll.  Also Krzysko still is hitting the ball well.  But as you said Psych, the two errors at the first kind of took the starch out of them today.  But if they win tomorrow they will still get the 11th seed, which looks like all they would have gotten even if they had swept.

factchecker

https://twitter.com/53Tjs/status/861024978103349248
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

LadybackBBFan

Yes, they were all in full uniforms.  The one team next to mean said they were playing at 4:30 and a 45 minute drive - might be Bentonville.