Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zurich Classic, yay or nay?

Started by ricepig, April 28, 2017, 05:55:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

The Zurich Classic is a 2 man team event this week, your thoughts on this type of format as a regular tour event.  I guess it's ok, I'm just used to seeing this type of play in the Ryder or President's Cup action, you know, us against them.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2017, 05:55:42 pm
The Zurich Classic is a 2 man team event this week, your thoughts on this type of format as a regular tour event.  I guess it's ok, I'm just used to seeing this type of play in the Ryder or President's Cup action, you know, us against them.

No interest in this whatsoever.  When's the next Major? 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boarcephus

Just checked.  US Open is 6/15-18, British Open is 7/20-23 and the PGA is 8/10-13
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 28, 2017, 06:57:20 pm
Just checked.  US Open is 6/15-18, British Open is 7/20-23 and the PGA is 8/10-13

I enjoy the Player's Championship because I've played there a couple of times, but yeah, the Majors are the big ones.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2017, 07:39:51 pm
I enjoy the Player's Championship because I've played there a couple of times, but yeah, the Majors are the big ones.

The PC is basically the 5th major and it's fun to watch.  Ricky Fowler put on a show didn't he?

Dillar Dog

Love it.  Obviously the players do too because they have a better field than I can remember.

Dillar Dog

Never realized boarcephus was a hipster.

Nothing wrong with that, just didn't know.

HognitiveDissonance

Some of these events all run together.
Someone needs to do something to shake things up. Guess NOLA decided to do that with their two-man event.
I like it for now, great idea. Different twist. Let's give it five years and re-evaluate.

I played TPC Louisiana at Avondale once. Wouldn't call it great, but a nice course. Of course, water everywhere, and some gators.

Jackrabbit Hog

Let's face it.  Certain events, particularly those that are tucked in between majors, suffer from lack of interest and participation from the top players.  They set their schedules to peak for the majors, and most put a premium on making sure they don't run out of gas between the Masters and the PGA.  New Orleans is one of those events that has historically had a hard time attracting a good field, so kudos to the tournament for trying something new. 

BTW, did anybody see Jason Day's quotes about Fowler, his partner this week?  Pretty funny; something along the lines of he (Day) came to New Orleans early to practice and prepare, while Fowler prepared by spending time with his "gorgeous girlfriend."  It was tongue in cheek and got a laugh from the media guys.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 28, 2017, 09:15:45 pm
Never realized boarcephus was a hipster.

Nothing wrong with that, just didn't know.

LOL!  I had to google to see what the hell a "hipster" was!  ;)   

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 07:19:56 am
BTW, did anybody see Jason Day's quotes about Fowler, his partner this week?  Pretty funny; something along the lines of he (Day) came to New Orleans early to practice and prepare, while Fowler prepared by spending time with his "gorgeous girlfriend."  It was tongue in cheek and got a laugh from the media guys.

Is she the same one who wore the short, short shorts and looked like he picked her up at the strip club before getting too the golf course?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 29, 2017, 07:39:04 am
Is she the same one who wore the short, short shorts and looked like he picked her up at the strip club before getting too the golf course?

I'm not sure.  The one he's been with the last couple of weeks is a former Olympic pole vaulter and model.  Here's a picture.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 07:59:02 am
I'm not sure.  The one he's been with the last couple of weeks is a former Olympic pole vaulter and model.  Here's a picture.

I would hate to date a female pole vaulter. Olympic grade or otherwise. There  would be nothing I could whup out at night to impress her.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 07:59:02 am

If that's not her she certainly looks like her.  The one I'm referring to is Alexis Randock.

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 29, 2017, 09:11:12 am
If that's not her she certainly looks like her.  The one I'm referring to is Alexis Randock.

hogbud

Jackrabbit Hog

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 29, 2017, 09:11:12 am
So when Rickie won the Players (no pun intended) a few years ago, that chick he was with then...he's no longer dating her, I guess. This was when Rickie went eagle, birdie, birdie on 16,17,18 at Sawgrass to force a playoff, then birdied 17 twice in the playoff to win. The gal and her mom had left for the airport, but they came rushing back.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 29, 2017, 03:42:19 pm

Shouldn't that be: aging hipster?

Is that a titanium or regular metal hip??

Boarcephus

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on April 29, 2017, 02:43:58 pm
So when Rickie won the Players (no pun intended) a few years ago, that chick he was with then...he's no longer dating her, I guess. This was when Rickie went eagle, birdie, birdie on 16,17,18 at Sawgrass to force a playoff, then birdied 17 twice in the playoff to win. The gal and her mom had left for the airport, but they came rushing back.

I'd forgotten that.  She (and he) took some flak over how she was dressed.  She certainly enjoyed the spotlight being with him provided her. 

Dillar Dog

Wow.  Kisner and Brown are destroying this back 9.

Dillar Dog

Or front.  Same thing.

But different.

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Dillar Dog

She's hot.  Her nose outgrew her face though.  Rickie might take care of that for her.

Boarcephus

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 29, 2017, 03:42:19 pm

Shouldn't that be: aging hipster?

LOL!   Getting to where I really hate all young people, and that especially includes you and ricepig!  :) 

Boarcephus

May 01, 2017, 08:15:27 am #25 Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:58:36 am by Boarcephus
Quote from: sevenof400 on April 30, 2017, 08:51:21 pm

LOL!  Prick!  At least this has been educational because I now know what a "hipster" is so I guess that's good.