Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ASU - Miami

Started by holeinthewall, March 15, 2017, 09:12:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

holeinthewall

So ASU is not selling single game tickets until August 1st.   Must be hoping to maximize season ticket sales off of this game.  Hearing tickets will be in the $50 range much like Missouri was.   If it doesn't sell out they can only blame themselves for pricing it so high.

Either way biggest home game ever for ASU. 

GolfNut57

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 15, 2017, 09:12:58 am
So ASU is not selling single game tickets until August 1st.   Must be hoping to maximize season ticket sales off of this game.  Hearing tickets will be in the $50 range much like Missouri was.  If it doesn't sell out they can only blame themselves for pricing it so high.

Either way biggest home game ever for ASU.

And if Miami was playing Arkansas in Fayetteville what would the ticket price be?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

holeinthewall

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 15, 2017, 09:16:25 am
And if Miami was playing Arkansas in Fayetteville what would the ticket price be?

Not what I am saying. Normal ticket prices for GA are around $15 for ASU.   Am I correct?  I was saying the Missouri game should have been sold out but the fans didn't respond to the higher ticket prices.

GolfNut57

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 15, 2017, 09:34:27 am
Not what I am saying. Normal ticket prices for GA are around $15 for ASU.   Am I correct?  I was saying the Missouri game should have been sold out but the fans didn't respond to the higher ticket prices.

I didn't go to the Missouri game due to working so I don't know what the general admission price was on it. But even though I am sure ASU would love to sell out for the Miami game I am betting they will get at least 20K there for it. And at $50 per head that is still $500K on tickets alone. As for comparing Missouri to Miami......two different horses. Miami has the much bigger rep in football and bigger fan base.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

ricepig

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 15, 2017, 02:26:43 pm
I didn't go to the Missouri game due to working so I don't know what the general admission price was on it. But even though I am sure ASU would love to sell out for the Miami game I am betting they will get at least 20K there for it. And at $50 per head that is still $500K on tickets alone. As for comparing Missouri to Miami......two different horses. Miami has the much bigger rep in football and bigger fan base.

Lol, they may have a bigger fan base, but they are 750 miles further away, and have you seen some of Miami's home attendance pictures?

holeinthewall

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2017, 02:37:40 pm
Lol, they may have a bigger fan base, but they are 750 miles further away, and have you seen some of Miami's home attendance pictures?

Miami also had over 10k at the GT game in Atlanta last year.  Most Miami fans don't live in South FLorida and most alumni aren't from there and don't stay in Miami after graduating.  Miami travels well for a small private school.

QuoteAnd at $50 per head that is still $500K on tickets alone

Actually that s 1 million.   But if you get it sold out at $35 it is just as much in ticket revenue plus the additional parking and concession revenue.  Not to mention if the game ends up televised on ESPN ASU can show off a sold out stadium.. 

GolfNut57

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 15, 2017, 03:04:34 pm

Actually that s 1 million.   But if you get it sold out at $35 it is just as much in ticket revenue plus the additional parking and concession revenue.  Not to mention if the game ends up televised on ESPN ASU can show off a sold out stadium..

Yeah...I was thinking the number 10K for attendance when I said $500K at $50 per head. The last game I remember ASU selling out for was against Memphis a few years ago. Thinking current capacity in the stadium is around 32K.

ricepig

Miami also had over 10k at the GT game in Atlanta last year.  Most Miami fans don't live in South FLorida and most alumni aren't from there and don't stay in Miami after graduating.  Miami travels well for a small private school.

I'll bet you more Mizzou fans showed up, and truthfully, it was embarrassing who few traveled, than Miami fans.

holeinthewall

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2017, 07:53:33 pm
I'll bet you more Mizzou fans showed up, and truthfully, it was embarrassing who few traveled, than Miami fans.

I think ASU was expecting 10k Missouri fans to come down and it was less than 5k for sure.   If Kneighton hadn't of gotten hurt ASU would have won that game.  They dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides.   Miami wins this game going away though. No shot for ASU.

Inhogswetrust

Actually that s 1 million.   But if you get it sold out at $35 it is just as much in ticket revenue plus the additional parking and concession revenue.  Not to mention if the game ends up televised on ESPN ASU can show off a sold out stadium.. 

ONLY depending on where they are playing. Generally they do not travel well.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2017, 07:53:33 pm

Not really considering who they were playing. Now IF ASU had been a top 10 team of course they would have travelled there more.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 16, 2017, 09:46:32 am
Not really considering who they were playing. Now IF ASU had been a top 10 team of course they would have travelled there more.

Not really, 200 miles away to watch them play, any SEC school should travel more than they did, my guess was there was less than 3000 who traveled from what I was told.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 16, 2017, 09:49:30 am
Not really, 200 miles away to watch them play, any SEC school should travel more than they did, my guess was there was less than 3000 who traveled from what I was told.

I would agree IF the opponent had been someone else from perhaps a P5 conference.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 16, 2017, 09:53:59 am
I would agree IF the opponent had been someone else from perhaps a P5 conference.

So, if Arkansas played ULM in Monroe, you don't think we'd have more than 3000 there? Face it, Mizzou doesn't travel.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 16, 2017, 10:30:26 am
So, if Arkansas played ULM in Monroe, you don't think we'd have more than 3000 there? Face it, Mizzou doesn't travel.

Agree Mizzou isn't the best traveling fanbase in the SEC but there are different allegiances in Missouri for other teams moreso than in Arkansas. Plus there is a lot of Hog fans moreso in southeast Arkansas and Northeast Louisiana moreso than Tiger fans in Southeast Missouri and Northeast Arkansas.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 16, 2017, 11:09:35 am
Agree Mizzou isn't the best traveling fanbase in the SEC but there are different allegiances in Missouri for other teams moreso than in Arkansas. Plus there is a lot of Hog fans moreso in southeast Arkansas and Northeast Louisiana moreso than Tiger fans in Southeast Missouri and Northeast Arkansas.

We aren't talking about the Cardinals, lol. Thus my point, it wasn't the competition, it's the fact that Mizzou has a sorry fan base.