Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Warren WR Treylon Burks and Joe T Robinson WR Nathan Page

Started by Hoggy Bear, February 03, 2017, 12:41:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy Bear

That could be a nice tandem to grab for an in-state WR class.  Both potential 4-stars right?

Trey1981

What is the story with Nathan Page? He currently only holds an offer to ASU, per 247.  Looks like he's getting a lot of interest. Is there an issue behind the scenes?

holeinthewall

I was reading the article on Blake Anderson and they have already offered 14 in state guys for the 18 class and it could grow to 20.  Looks like a deep class in Arkansas for 18

#1 STUNNA

Burks will be the best high school receiver to come out of arkansas in a long time.. he might have been the best receiver in the state the past two years as a freshman and sophomore..

1highhog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 03, 2017, 12:52:09 am
Burks is 2019. Page is ranked a 90/4 star by 247, but also doesn't show that Arkansas has offered yet. He'll be the go to guy for Robinson this year.

I do hope we get both of these young men.  I don't know why Arkansas hasn't offered Page yet, has he been on Campus yet?

riccoar

Quote from: 1highhog on February 03, 2017, 10:16:57 am
I do hope we get both of these young men.  I don't know why Arkansas hasn't offered Page yet, has he been on Campus yet?
Yes, he's been on several campuses.

onebadrubi

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 03, 2017, 08:21:55 am
I was reading the article on Blake Anderson and they have already offered 14 in state guys for the 18 class and it could grow to 20.  Looks like a deep class in Arkansas for 18

Because of the offers a sunbelt school puts out?

1highhog

Quote from: riccoar on February 03, 2017, 10:50:16 am
http://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Yep, has him rated as a 5* there.

We've got to go and get that boy and sign him up right now or the dad gum competition will!!!  Ohh Yeah, got to beat that there competition.

trphog

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 03, 2017, 10:53:10 am
I wonder why they don't update his player profile then. 

We could very easily pick up two top 5 star picks that year. 

Three if Gunell rises and we pick him up

riccoar

riccoar

#1 STUNNA

ThisTeetsTaken

Burks looked legit in the Championship game I watched on tv.  There was a kid that played for Wynne that looked really impressive also.  Played RB.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

DeltaHog66

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 06, 2017, 07:15:13 pm
Burks looked legit in the Championship game I watched on tv.  There was a kid that played for Wynne that looked really impressive also.  Played RB.

Ta'von Hicks..  he's a good one

ThisTeetsTaken

PintailKiller

February 06, 2017, 08:06:39 pm #19 Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 10:51:20 am by PintailKiller
Quote from: 1highhog on February 03, 2017, 10:16:57 am

Word has it that he has a little work to do in the classroom, but that he is committed to correcting that.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

zane

RIP LSUfan

WildRazorback

Quote from: DeltaHog66 on February 06, 2017, 07:21:55 pm
Ta'von Hicks..  he's a good one

Yes, he is an absolute beast. Played on both sides of the ball and made play after play. I'm not sure I've seen a motor like his before. He played the entire game almost every week. With Wynne getting a new coach, I'm not sure how that will impact his contribution on the field, but he should and will play in college.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: WildRazorback on February 06, 2017, 08:51:58 pm
Yes, he is an absolute beast. Played on both sides of the ball and made play after play. I'm not sure I've seen a motor like his before. He played the entire game almost every week. With Wynne getting a new coach, I'm not sure how that will impact his contribution on the field, but he should and will play in college.
The positions he played were RB and NT!  Never seen that before. He's good at both positions.

mizzouman

Quote from: PintailKiller on February 06, 2017, 08:06:39 pm
Has a little work to do in the classroom.
Not sure of his current academic status, but he did transfer from Catholic so he could play.  Great kid, hopefully he got all that squared away.

PintailKiller

Page is on the right track - picked up an offer from LA Tech today.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

mizzouman

Quote from: PintailKiller on February 07, 2017, 08:35:35 pm
Page is on the right track - picked up an offer from LA Tech today.
Great.  Good kid, good family.

Richard Davenport

#1 STUNNA

His recruiting will blow up if he ever decides to go to camps!

HardingHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 08, 2017, 03:31:54 pm
His recruiting will blow up if he ever decides to go to camps!

I know it's super early, but I'm just really hoping Burks commits to the Hogs sooner rather than later and gets that dream 2019 class kicked off early

Andrew Hogfan

I want Burks bad.  Kid is scary good.  Does anybody know if he is leaning towards U of A? Is it likely he will be a hog?   Or does he express interest in leaving the state?
WPS!!!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on February 08, 2017, 07:27:23 pm
I want Burks bad.  Kid is scary good.  Does anybody know if he is leaning towards U of A? Is it likely he will be a hog?   Or does he express interest in leaving the state?

Arkansas will have as good a chance as anyone else!

HOGINTENNESSEE

jj202020

Watch out for the Tigers - and not talking about Memphis. Lol.

Birminghog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 08, 2017, 12:48:25 pm
Treylon will be the next big thing out of Arkansas.

Far be it for me to disagree with you, RD, but Hudson Henry?

jj202020

Henry is a good player, but for folks that have seen both, it isn't even close.  Burks is as close to a must get, as any high school kid since McFadden.

str8volfan

Treylon is an outstanding young man to boot. Spent a good bit of time with him yesterday, he and my son are good friends. He is just a good athlete in general, good basketball player and a great baseball player. He was named offensive player of the year in baseball this year if Im not mistaken.

mizzouman

Regarding Nathan.  He comes from a great family.  He transferred to Robinson as a sophomore because he would not have been eligible to play due to grades at his previous school.  Not sure that's an issue with his recruitment or not.

In any event, he's a great kid from a great family.  Hope the best for him.

greenie

#1 STUNNA

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

#1 STUNNA

LJHOG

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 03, 2017, 08:38:04 am
Burks will be the best high school receiver to come out of arkansas in a long time.. he might have been the best receiver in the state the past two years as a freshman and sophomore..

Better than Childs??  Please!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: LJHOG on August 29, 2017, 05:22:49 pm
Better than Childs??  Please!

In high school absolutely... we will see how college goes for him.

Rocket23

I say he is better than Childs now.  The kid a man child and very talented.

chenalhog

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 03, 2017, 08:21:55 am
yes issues. He will not get offer from hogs

#1 STUNNA

Hoggish1