Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Faedian7 on 26 Jan 2017
  • I'm surprised nobody here is talking about the Nintendo Switch! Or maybe I'm the only the only dummy to pre-order one?  :P Anyhow, I'm pretty pumped. I haven't had a Nintendo system since the N64 and am looking forward to playing Zelda again.
  • #2 by sage_dragoon on 28 Jan 2017
  • this post reminds me I need to finish zelda on the wii
  • #3 by Kendall on 28 Jan 2017
  • I'm looking forward to the Switch.  I enjoyed the Wii and Wii U quite a bit.  This one has huge potential but will probably wait a year for more titles that suit my tastes.
  • #4 by Faedian7 on 29 Jan 2017
  • I'm looking forward to the Switch.  I enjoyed the Wii and Wii U quite a bit.  This one has huge potential but will probably wait a year for more titles that suit my tastes.

I'm hopeful it will do well. At least I'll be able to play several ports from the Wii U, etc. I do most of my gaming on my pc but intend to use the Switch as a family friendly console.
  • #5 by Kendall on 29 Jan 2017
  • I'm hopeful it will do well. At least I'll be able to play several ports from the Wii U, etc. I do most of my gaming on my pc but intend to use the Switch as a family friendly console.

The new Legend of Zelda and Mario games look so damn good.  May not be able to wait on Zelda.  Will probably buy it for Wii U and double dip when I get the Switch.  Ready to see what Pikmin 4 is like as well.  Hoping for some big announcements at E3 in June.
  • #6 by TomasPistola on 29 Jan 2017
  • I'm kinda meh on the switch. I like the idea, but what happens when the damn thing gets a cracked screen or a controller breaks, etc.
  • #7 by thebignasty on 29 Jan 2017
  • I'm kinda meh on the switch. I like the idea, but what happens when the damn thing gets a cracked screen or a controller breaks, etc.

The controllers are ridiculously priced for launch.  Twice what a xbox or ps4 controller costs after you consider that they come in right and left configurations and you need both to have one full controller.   I figure that its essentially a tablet though; if the screen cracks phone doctors or whoever will probably be able to fix it.

I like nintendo unifying their mobile and and home entertainment systems like this.  There are occasionally titles that nintendo publishes that look fun but I can never justify having a wii for 1 or 2 games or a 3ds for 1 or 2 games.  I might get a switch after they've been around long enough to for 3rd party peripherals and reliability to be established.
  • #8 by TomasPistola on 29 Jan 2017
  • The controllers are ridiculously priced for launch.  Twice what a xbox or ps4 controller costs after you consider that they come in right and left configurations and you need both to have one full controller.   I figure that its essentially a tablet though; if the screen cracks phone doctors or whoever will probably be able to fix it.

I like nintendo unifying their mobile and and home entertainment systems like this.  There are occasionally titles that nintendo publishes that look fun but I can never justify having a wii for 1 or 2 games or a 3ds for 1 or 2 games.  I might get a switch after they've been around long enough to for 3rd party peripherals and reliability to be established.

This is largely where I fall. I'll wait and see on it. I guess I'm in the minority as I actually like the Wii U. I see it get hammered online all the time.
  • #9 by Kendall on 02 Feb 2017
  • Dont think Nintendo is unifying both lines.  They have unified their software teams.  Nintendo has been open about this being a home console.  I believe Nintendo will still release a handheld system alongside the Switch.
  • #10 by YoMama on 16 Feb 2017
  • I've had every Nintendo console since the NES and my son and I are big Zelda fans.  But, I'm going to hold off on the Switch.  Back in 2013 I didn't think I needed the Wii U either, but then Nintendo announced they were working on a new Zelda scheduled to release in 2015.  So I bought one, and then Nintendo delayed the game to 2016 and now 2017.  I guess I could say Nintendo let me down.  So now that Breath of the Wild is almost out, they have new hardware and a dual release.  So I'll be buying it on Wii U but in the future I'm going to pass on new hardware until that must-have-game is already released and it's not just vaporware.
  • #11 by riccoar on 23 Feb 2017
  • Anybody been able to find any of the Classic consoles? 
  • #12 by nationwish on 23 Feb 2017
  • Anybody been able to find any of the Classic consoles?

I thought I saw that they were on Amazon again a couple days ago
  • #13 by riccoar on 02 Mar 2017
  • I thought I saw that they were on Amazon again a couple days ago
    Nope.  Still by resellers
  • #14 by Boll Hawg on 15 May 2017
  • I've been searching for a Switch for weeks.  Out of stock everywhere.  Not paying the marked up rates on eBay.  Guess I'll continue to wait.
  • #15 by TomasPistola on 15 May 2017
  • Been playing Breath of the Wild. Only thing I really find lacking is I'd like some more music whilst adventuring. Gimme the old school Zelda overworld music and I'd be happy!
  • #16 by Faedian7 on 16 May 2017
  • I've been searching for a Switch for weeks.  Out of stock everywhere.  Not paying the marked up rates on eBay.  Guess I'll continue to wait.

You might check with some of the local Walmarts (if you hadn't already) to see when the next available shipment is. A coworker did this and was able to be at the store when they were putting the stock on the shelf. I really am enjoying the Switch so far. I'm a little surprised at how much I play the device in handheld mode versus on the TV. I love the versatility of it!
  • #17 by thebignasty on 29 Jun 2017
  • Been playing Breath of the Wild. Only thing I really find lacking is I'd like some more music whilst adventuring. Gimme the old school Zelda overworld music and I'd be happy!

I miss the music but it is a fantastic game.

The new Mario coming up looks very worthy as well.  I like the switch more than I thought I would before I had it.
  • #18 by TomasPistola on 29 Jun 2017
  • I beat the Zelda game the other night. Looking forward to the DLC that adds a new story.
  • #19 by thebignasty on 30 Jun 2017
  • I've beaten the 4 'dungeons' but gotten sidetracked before making the run on ganon.
  • #20 by Boll Hawg on 20 Jul 2017
  • I ended up stumbling upon a Switch a few weeks back and bought it.  My kids really dig it.  And our local library has every Switch game that's been released so we rent a new game every week.  Only game I've bought it Mario Kart. 
  • #21 by riccoar on 03 Oct 2017
  • Nintendo is going to kick production back up on the Classic console.  Also, the Super Nintendo Classic is out now.
Pages:
Actions