Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proof Jerry Jones has gone mad .

Started by DeltaBoy, November 18, 2016, 03:01:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article115444193.html

He stated Tony Romo got 5 more years and I believe he will be the QB for the Cowboys Super Bowl game.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 18, 2016, 03:01:00 pm
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article115444193.html

He stated Tony Romo got 5 more years and I believe he will be the QB for the Cowboys Super Bowl game.

He's building him up to make his trade value better

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Richard_white

They can not afford his salary as a backup. 

Other than an injury, Romo days of being a QB for Dallas will be over this season.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Richard_white on November 20, 2016, 04:07:38 pm
They can not afford his salary as a backup. 

Other than an injury, Romo days of being a QB for Dallas will be over this season.

I agree.

Dropkick

I bet the Jets would like to have him...........

DeltaBoy

Dr. Starcs

hoglady

Dallas is no longer Romo's team - it's Dak Prescott's team.
I think Jones is smart enough to realize that.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

EastexHawg

Like most QBs, now that there is enough film on Dak NFL defenses have come up with ways to limit him.  He has looked entirely ordinary recently. 

This season has been a perfect storm for Dak to succeed.  He has an offensive line so dominant he could have played most of the games wearing a tuxedo and top hat, and he also has the best young running back in football forcing defenses to play run first.  Top that off with a defense that has gone from one of the league's worst (remember scoring 48 against Denver but even that not being enough?) to one of the best.

It may be Dak's team, and rightly so up to this point, but there is also no evidence or reason to believe that Romo or a few other top QBs couldn't have produced the same results given the same supporting cast.

Dr. Starcs

I'm willing to give dak one more bad game that results in a loss.

Then I really feel its time for Romo.

hoglady

Did ya'll think Dak wouldn't have bad games??
It was tough going for the entire offense, actually is was tough going for both offenses.
Defense ruled the night.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

EastexHawg

Quote from: hoglady on December 12, 2016, 04:52:41 pm
Did ya'll think Dak wouldn't have bad games??
It was tough going for the entire offense, actually is was tough going for both offenses.
Defense ruled the night.

Of course Dak should be allowed bad games, including interceptions in close losses.  Every quarterback should.  Well, except Romo.  LOL.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 12, 2016, 06:49:36 pm
Of course Dak should be allowed bad games, including interceptions in close losses.  Every quarterback should.  Well, except Romo.  LOL.

Yeah. Romo picked a bad year to get injured. He would probably be doing very well this year with the Oline and RB they have.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

riccoar

I guarantee you when Romo went down Jerry kicked his own ass for not pulling a trade to get another high caliber pick.  Romo is more seasoned at reading defenses, but Dak's mobility has been invaluable.  Don't think Dallas would be at this spot with Romo.  However, Dallas has to win 2 of the next 3 to sew up home field

EastexHawg

Just a reminder since 2014 was so long ago...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/season/2014

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2014

QuoteRomo led the NFL in quarterback rating, with a 113.2 mark, just edging out Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers. But Romo's rating of 133.7 is the highest among any quarterback in NFL history with at least 100 attempts in December. His completions percentage of 74.8 also ranks seconds and his 12 touchdown passes is tied for fifth.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2014/12/31/highest-december-qb-rating-nfl-history-romo-wins-monthly-honor

hawgfan4life

Room has always been a stat star.  There aren't stats for failure in crunch or critical moments.  Some QBs make a play when there isn't one there in critical moments.  Some fumble snaps on PAT and throw errant passes when the pass was there to be had in critical moments of a game.  Dak has done well and has earned the chance to play with a long leash. 

Dr. Starcs

What are Romo's stats in the 4th qtr? 

I'm pretty sure he has led the league in 4th qtr qbr the past few years. (When healthy of course).

EastexHawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 16, 2016, 06:27:36 am
What are Romo's stats in the 4th qtr? 

I'm pretty sure he has led the league in 4th qtr qbr the past few years. (When healthy of course).

You're right, he has one of the highest if not the highest all time 4th quarter QB ratings.  In 2014, when the Cowboys were fighting for the division title, Romo put up the highest December QB rating in NFL history.  He has also engineered more 4th quarter come from behind wins than any QB currently playing in the league.

The only reason a Cowboys fan would not realize that Romo has spent most of his career trying to carry a team without its current dominant offensive line, and with one of the worst defenses in the entire NFL, is because he doesn't want to realize it.  That would ruin the "it's Romo's fault" thing he had going.

Maybe one of these days Dak will have to throw 40 times per game and put up 35-40 points to win because the defense can't stop anyone.  If he does, we'll see how well it goes for him.

PonderinHog

Dak has probably thawed out from his New York visit by now, so he should be good to go.  Up against a good defense tonight, though.