Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Chase for the Sprint Cup

Started by riccoar, September 16, 2016, 07:06:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

holeinthewall

Did anyone notice when Harvick was racing Lagano hard with about 12 to go and they told him the points situation between the 22 and 18 he backed off knowing if he passed the 22 that knocked him out.   It appeared he was already racing to help Ford at that point.  Or maybe he just didn't want to help the Toyota.

riccoar

He probably didn't want Busch to get it.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on November 14, 2016, 06:56:10 am
I think Busch got hosed at the end.  He was ahead of Logano when the yellow was thrown.  No idea why Kenseth did that.  He lets Bowman go and he makes the Championship race.  Just dumb.

Spotter told him he was clear though.

riccoar

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 14, 2016, 11:14:20 am
Spotter told him he was clear though.
He kinda was until Bowman suicide bombed off into the corner.  If he had missed Kenseth he probably would have lost it he went in so hard.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on November 14, 2016, 01:10:49 pm
He kinda was until Bowman suicide bombed off into the corner.  If he had missed Kenseth he probably would have lost it he went in so hard.

Bowman got shoved into the corner. At worst he would have slid up into the side of the 20. Doubt that would have wrecked either one . Oh well. Wished Harvick would have won and Busch miss the cut. Would love to have listened to him blame everyone but himself

riccoar

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 14, 2016, 04:56:13 pm
Bowman got shoved into the corner. At worst he would have slid up into the side of the 20. Doubt that would have wrecked either one . Oh well. Wished Harvick would have won and Busch miss the cut. Would love to have listened to him blame everyone but himself
No, he didn't.  He left the inside open and Busch went that direction.  Bowman blocked his path, actually clipped Busch's car when he ran back in front of him, and then continued into the throttle into the turn.  Had too much momentum to take that turn like that, but Kenseth probably should have started inside like Busch asked.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on November 15, 2016, 06:59:31 am
No, he didn't.  He left the inside open and Busch went that direction.  Bowman blocked his path, actually clipped Busch's car when he ran back in front of him, and then continued into the throttle into the turn.  Had too much momentum to take that turn like that, but Kenseth probably should have started inside like Busch asked.

Busch hit him from behind when he blocked him and helped him increase speed into the corner. That'a all called hard  racing. NASCAR needs more of it

riccoar

The leader taking the outside line was a risk all day anyway.  Because your kinda banking on the inside guy letting up and giving you the preferred line.  But still not sure why they gave Logano the lead when Busch pulled ahead before caution came out.  However, very strong 4 racers for the final.  I think I might like seeing Joey get it.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on November 15, 2016, 09:26:18 am
The leader taking the outside line was a risk all day anyway.  Because your kinda banking on the inside guy letting up and giving you the preferred line.  But still not sure why they gave Logano the lead when Busch pulled ahead before caution came out.  However, very strong 4 racers for the final.  I think I might like seeing Joey get it.

Yeah me too but trying to decide who I'll pull for between Joey and Carl.

holeinthewall

So last week I forgot to log in and change my fantasy pics and I had Blaney but he was all used up the week before. my alternate was Bowman. I really screwed that one up

Racinray

Good race for the truck championship.

Buff

Carl Edwards looking strong early on.  Running 2nd to Harvick.

Racinray

Just hope the 48 doesn't win the championship.

Buff

Wow.  Carl all but had it in the bag.  Best car out of the 4 running for the Championship. 

Way to go there, Joey.

Buff

Quote from: Racinray on November 20, 2016, 04:17:23 pm
Just hope the 48 doesn't win the championship.

I hope the 22 didn't giftwrap it for him.  Might be between Kyle Busch and Jimmie Johnson now.

berryhog

Quote from: Buff on November 20, 2016, 05:19:22 pm
I hope the 22 didn't giftwrap it for him.  Might be between Kyle Busch and Jimmie Johnson now.

That was all on the 19.

Buff

Quote from: berryhog on November 20, 2016, 05:23:28 pm

That was all on the 19.

Carl might have taken a hard shot to the head. You can't trust him simply because he was driving the car.

berryhog

Quote from: Buff on November 20, 2016, 05:24:45 pm
Carl might have taken a hard shot to the head. You can't trust him simply because he was driving the car.

Admittedly, Ive only watched parts of the race and just happened to switch over just before the wreck.  I did see pre-race there was an issue with the 48 possibly manipulating the car after inspection.  Anything happen on that deal ?

Buff

Jimmie started in the back, but you can see that wasn't a huge hindrance.

Regardless who is more at fault, Carl is so darn classy it's hard not to want to see him win the title. 

Bet next year Na$car comes up with some rule against going below that line on restarts.

Racinray

48 will probably backdoor the championship. :puke:

Buff

Yuck.  Wouldn't be #7 if not for the Chase bullcrap but you still can't deny his talent and Knaus' skill for managing the cars during his races.

OutlawHawg

F**k the chase.

What a joke I'd like to throat punch Brian France.