Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gary Cross

Started by redleg, January 31, 2014, 09:44:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

What can anyone tell me about Fordyce athlete Gary Cross (6'2" 190 lbs.)? I know he is visiting Arkansas this weekend, and I know Arkansas is wanting to place him at a Jr. College with hopes of signing him in a couple of years.
???
What is his 40 time?
What position will he eventually play?
What did he play for Fordyce?
Is he a legit SEC caliber player?
Is he headed to Juco because of grades?
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

scruf

PorkRinds

Quote from: scruf on January 31, 2014, 09:47:33 am
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2659076/highlights/94207375

The intro. slate has all of his stats/measurables/etc.

That hit at the 1 minute mark is pretty brutal.  I like him.

the_kosher_pig

I watched him play one game last year.  He was a beast.  I don't know how well he will transition.  Haven't watched enough of him to make a guess. 

But since I'm on the internet, 7 star athlete. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

ARtillahog

Would've been nice to get him on campus now, rather in two yrs.

jjdlc

Quote from: ARtillahog on January 31, 2014, 09:58:59 am
Would've been nice to get him on campus now, rather in two yrs.

Just guessing, but if he could afford to walk-on, they'd probably take him now.

Porkatarian

Quote from: jjdlc on January 31, 2014, 10:04:05 am
Just guessing, but if he could afford to walk-on, they'd probably take him now.

That's not the issue.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Deeznutts

That kid is a stud. No doubt walking on isn't the issue.

swinesation

That guy is a men among boys. Good Lord...

Fort Dweller

Does he have the grades?
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

NLRHog92

Quote from: Fort Dweller on January 31, 2014, 11:28:54 pm
Does he have the grades?

No. Not sure if it's ACT or GPA, but I saw somewhere that if he is able to bring ACT to qualify this next time around, he might be able to redshirt. Not sure that happens, but it would be great because it gets him in the program but doesn't count against our numbers yet, he heals his ACL without having eligibility taken, and then the next year he can redshirt while on scholarship and then become a force down the road! Likely unlikely though, just wishful thinking.

YouCrawl_IQuall

Holy crap. That kid can fly

Fort Dweller

Quote from: NLRHog92 on January 31, 2014, 11:44:33 pm
No. Not sure if it's ACT or GPA, but I saw somewhere that if he is able to bring ACT to qualify this next time around, he might be able to redshirt. Not sure that happens, but it would be great because it gets him in the program but doesn't count against our numbers yet, he heals his ACL without having eligibility taken, and then the next year he can redshirt while on scholarship and then become a force down the road! Likely unlikely though, just wishful thinking.

Thanks for the info.  I had no idea he had an ACL injury.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

allenw88

I might be able to find some things out about this kid.  My Dad still teaches there and has more than likely taught him.  I know that when I was at school there, we as in players didn't really get any attention from the bigger name schools.  Mostly UAM or ASU.  But yeah, I can ask how he is in the classroom.

ec2285

Not really relevant but as far as I know best player out of Fordyce was former Hog RayLee Johnson.  That guy was a beast. 

Razorpigg

Quote from: ec2285 on February 01, 2014, 08:49:57 am
Not really relevant but as far as I know best player out of Fordyce was former Hog RayLee Johnson.  That guy was a beast.

Don't forget Kevin Williams

hawgwash

They also had a guy who reportedly wrestled a bear and then went on to have a somewhat successful career.

allenw88

For the Hogs yes, but Kevin Williams, ( Defensive Tackle for the Vikes ) who I got to play Basketball with and only played two years of High School football is also from there....  Still holding strong in the NFL. 

SemperFi

Impressive highlights. Shame that he can't see the field next year because he appears to be very talented. I really wish these kids would put more time in the classroom, but I was a late bloomer myself and can't judge too harshly. Hope that we see him in two as a Hog.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

NLRHog92

Quote from: allenw88 on February 01, 2014, 08:01:55 am
I might be able to find some things out about this kid.  My Dad still teaches there and has more than likely taught him.  I know that when I was at school there, we as in players didn't really get any attention from the bigger name schools.  Mostly UAM or ASU.  But yeah, I can ask how he is in the classroom.

All of my family is from Fordyce. Grandpa use to be the Sheriff down there and knew Bear.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 01, 2014, 10:21:07 am
All of my family is from Fordyce. Grandpa use to be the Sheriff down there and knew Bear.

It's impossible our families don't know each other. My grandparents used to own a couple of stores in that mini-strip where Klappenbach's bakery used to be. Lived there for every bit of 50 years, maybe more.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

allenw88

Surely family's do know each other.  I moved there in '90 so I have been there for a bit.  My dad still teaches there. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: redleg on January 31, 2014, 09:44:21 am
What can anyone tell me about Fordyce athlete Gary Cross (6'2" 190 lbs.)? I know he is visiting Arkansas this weekend, and I know Arkansas is wanting to place him at a Jr. College with hopes of signing him in a couple of years.
???
What is his 40 time?
What position will he eventually play?
What did he play for Fordyce?
Is he a legit SEC caliber player?
Is he headed to Juco because of grades?

I remember RD was the first to mention the kid. If you have a question about a kid just go to the site and search and you usually find what you're looking for.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/search/?query=gary+cross+fordyce

NLRHog92

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on February 01, 2014, 10:49:26 am
It's impossible our families don't know each other. My grandparents used to own a couple of stores in that mini-strip where Klappenbach's bakery used to be. Lived there for every bit of 50 years, maybe more.

I'll have to mention it to my other grandpa (the one that wasn't the sheriff and still alive.) He owned a Pharmacy, Charlie Gray.

Razorpigg

Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 01, 2014, 12:51:08 pm
I'll have to mention it to my other grandpa (the one that wasn't the sheriff and still alive.) He owned a Pharmacy, Charlie Gray.

Ever know my cousins the Boll's?

jabohog

So, RD says it's his ACT.

tophawg19

he needs to get a 20 on the next act . right now he has a 17 . he has one more chance .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

There are 3 more test dates, Feb 8th, along with April and June.

jboro-hog

PAUL BEAR BRYANT WAS ALSO FROM FORDYCE. HAD A PRETTY NICE CAREER. HOPE THEY OFFER HIM. WPS GO HOGS  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: allenw88 on February 01, 2014, 11:06:02 am
Surely family's do know each other.  I moved there in '90 so I have been there for a bit.  My dad still teaches there. 

What year did you graduate?  I was class of 95.

allenw88

Quote from: theenemy on February 01, 2014, 06:54:16 pm
What year did you graduate?  I was class of 95.
LOL!!!!!   '96

tophawg19

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2014, 04:06:32 pm
There are 3 more test dates, Feb 8th, along with April and June.
any later and i think he has to go juco. may have to anyway

NLRHog92

Let's say he makes a 20 on the ACT this next go around. Would he be eligible to grayshirt?

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 01, 2014, 08:09:44 pm
Let's say he makes a 20 on the ACT this next go around. Would he be eligible to grayshirt?
Yes because that is what he needs to be accepted to the UofA
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

hawgdavis

Reminds me of a kid named Michael Collins from Commerce High school in Commerce Ga back 97-2000. Went on to play at Tenner (was supposed to be able to play Basketball and Football when he went there but after he got there Fulmer wouldn't have it ) Transferred to Clemson . One of the best all around football players I have ever seen in high school. Burn by you at receiver, decleater blocks and bone jarring lightning bolt hits as a safety. 6'5" 215lb 4.4 40 speed also had basketball offers to the likes of Duke and many more. He and Monte Williams were the last to beat Buford in a State title game back in 2000. Beat them twice that year and the only team to beat Lincoln County twice in one year, that was also in 2000.

tophawg19

for himto grey shirt he would probably have to have financial aide . pel grant etc might do it .

IBleedRazorbackRed

I wouldn't be surprised if we missed out on somebody and only signed 25 on Wednesday somehow, that we would wait to see if cross gets the 20. If not, he could still go juco and Bb would prolly give chris jones the extra Schollie.

NLRHog92

Who is the candidate that we might ask to gray shirt if we end up having 26? Hall I'm guessing?

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: allenw88 on February 01, 2014, 07:50:04 pm
LOL!!!!!   '96
A few years later there was a kid named Kelsey Leadbetter.  Anyone know what happened to him?  He was the best athlete I've ever seen pre high school. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

ckhawgu

I hope this guy makes it to the hill eventually! He's a player for sure! WPS!

HOGINTENNESSEE

This kid can play, looks like Ken Hamlin

Tsarcasm

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

presidenthog

tophawg19

i really expected him to be a D-back

King Kong

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 22, 2017, 12:14:46 am
i really expected him to be a D-back

With that closing speed I agree