Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

.22 Ammo Hoarding

Started by Boarslab, August 17, 2013, 08:38:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarslab on November 10, 2016, 07:45:45 pm
Ok, since the Republicans have all branches of govt now----will the idiot ammo hoarders stop buying all the .22LR's since their guns and ammo are not going to get taken by Obama?  Enough of that crap, maybe I will be able to buy some a Walmart again.

Yep and one of my friends said the Swap Shop crew going to be either doing a lot of range shooting or they are going to eat that ammo.  One of the guys that was at the Gun Show in Oct is that he got over 50,000 rounds of 22 ammo.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Still no 22 ammo at my local Walmart. So I wil have to hit the Walmart in Stuttgart or Macks when I get home for Christmas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

GolfNut57

I have one of those common semi-automatic .22 cal Marlins that are a dime a dozen. Can I shoot any .22 shell in it or does it have to be the 22LR type? I mainly use it for squirrel hunting (not that I have been in a long while).
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

kodiakisland

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 15, 2016, 04:21:00 pm
I have one of those common semi-automatic .22 cal Marlins that are a dime a dozen. Can I shoot any .22 shell in it or does it have to be the 22LR type? I mainly use it for squirrel hunting (not that I have been in a long while).

Does it say S,L,LR on the barrel?  If so then yes it will work with any of those.  If it doesn't have all three on it, it is still safe to fire, but may not cycle and feed correctly.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

DeltaBoy

Quote from: kodiakisland on December 15, 2016, 09:40:59 pm
Does it say S,L,LR on the barrel?  If so then yes it will work with any of those.  If it doesn't have all three on it, it is still safe to fire, but may not cycle and feed correctly.

This^^^^^^^^^^^

GolfNut57

Quote from: kodiakisland on December 15, 2016, 09:40:59 pm

Finally got around to looking at it today. It just has the LR on the barrel.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

tophawg19

stick to LR ., they shoot better anyway . you might shoot the others 1 at a time but they may not have enough powder to eject
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 15, 2016, 01:06:48 pm
Still no 22 ammo at my local Walmart. So I wil have to hit the Walmart in Stuttgart or Macks when I get home for Christmas.
Gander Mountain had plenty of CCI .22 ammo the other day when I stopped in there.  Little Rock store.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

DeltaBoy

Academy had plenty but what I wanted was not marked price and I couldn't get any help to find out.

vol_in_ar

Cabela's in Rogers has a bunch

kodiakisland

I'd say the hoarding is over for the most part.  I even saw several brands at WalMart earlier this week.  Prices however aren't what they once were.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

kodiakisland

Was at Cabelas in Rogers today.  Thousands upon thousands of 22 ammo.  Prices certainly aren't what they were, but there were many different brands and types of 22lr ammo on the shelf with no one even looking at them. 

vol_in_ar

shot a bunch of them yesterday

1highhog

January 08, 2017, 05:34:22 pm #313 Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 05:44:51 pm by 1highhog
Prices will begin to fall, they're sitting on the shelfs in the local Walmart with people not gobbling them up now.  If that keeps happening, somebody will get the bright idea of, Hey, we're going to have to lower some prices or sit on some stuff.  I wish that everyone that bought 1,000's of rd's to gouge people with have to sit on them now for years to come until they won't shoot because of the ammo being to old.

I wish the same would happen also with places like Sonic, lol.  They used to be a favorite place for me to get a shake or something quick, not that they had the best malts or shakes, just that they were quick and I liked their flavors.  Then they came out with these things called Master Blasts.  I was hooked until a year or two ago and then I called it quits and I wouldn't eat there if you held a gun to my head.  You could buy one of their Master Blasts for $2.09 for a large.  Now there right at $6.00.  Hell, I can buy a gallon of ice cream for that.  Same goes for candy bars, when gas went up several years ago, the price of candy bars increased in price.  The thing it seemed no one noticed or ever talked about was that the regular size candy bar shrunk in size while the price went up a 1/3 in price.  This kind of crap bothers me, especially when the gas prices go back down and their prices don't go back down on food and such.  You notice that if you go grocery shopping, none of the staples you have to buy didn't go back down when gas go cheaper, it all stayed up and even got higher.  If we left that crap alone as I did Sonic we'd see some prices drop.  Well, okay, that's my rant for today I guess.

DeltaBoy

January 09, 2017, 01:53:05 pm #314 Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:32:31 pm by DeltaBoy
Hit Walmart 3 days after Christmas in Stuttgart Ark and they were out.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 09, 2017, 01:53:05 pm
Hit Walmart 3 days after Christmas in Stuggart Ark and they were out.

Where is Stuggart :)

DeltaBoy

January 11, 2017, 12:33:46 pm #316 Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:47:38 pm by DeltaBoy
Quote from: 1highhog on January 08, 2017, 05:34:22 pm
Prices will begin to fall, they're sitting on the shelfs in the local Walmart with people not gobbling them up now.  If that keeps happening, somebody will get the bright idea of, Hey, we're going to have to lower some prices or sit on some stuff.  I wish that everyone that bought 1,000's of rd's to gouge people with have to sit on them now for years to come until they won't shoot because of the ammo being to old.

I wish the same would happen also with places like Sonic, lol.  They used to be a favorite place for me to get a shake or something quick, not that they had the best malts or shakes, just that they were quick and I liked their flavors.  Then they came out with these things called Master Blasts.  I was hooked until a year or two ago and then I called it quits and I wouldn't eat there if you held a gun to my head.  You could buy one of their Master Blasts for $2.09 for a large.  Now there right at $6.00.  Hell, I can buy a gallon of ice cream for that.  Same goes for candy bars, when gas went up several years ago, the price of candy bars increased in price.  The thing it seemed no one noticed or ever talked about was that the regular size candy bar shrunk in size while the price went up a 1/3 in price.  This kind of crap bothers me, especially when the gas prices go back down and their prices don't go back down on food and such.  You notice that if you go grocery shopping, none of the staples you have to buy didn't go back down when gas go cheaper, it all stayed up and even got higher.  If we left that crap alone as I did Sonic we'd see some prices drop.  Well, okay, that's my rant for today I guess.

Have you noticed the cones that our in your jar of Peanut butter and Hellsman . They are coning the jars and your 16 oz jar holds 12 now.

Hogs run wild

if you are ever near bauxite, check out "First shot". he's got all the .22 ammo you want and at the best prices too.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hogs run wild on January 11, 2017, 08:24:54 pm
if you are ever near bauxite, check out "First shot". he's got all the .22 ammo you want and at the best prices too.

Thanks I expect it to beak over the next 90 days.

DeltaBoy

Get payed tomorrow and I will go out and look again.

Boarslab

Our local Walmart still gets wiped out when they hit the shelves.  Never any when I look, which is about once every week or two.  Didn't Remington build a plant in Lonoke?Jacksonville??? that was supposed to manufacture .22 ammo?  That was a couple of years ago maybe.

kodiakisland

Quote from: Boarslab on January 28, 2017, 02:14:41 pm
Our local Walmart still gets wiped out when they hit the shelves.  Never any when I look, which is about once every week or two.  Didn't Remington build a plant in Lonoke?Jacksonville??? that was supposed to manufacture .22 ammo?  That was a couple of years ago maybe.

I believe the plants been there since the late 60s.  They did do a recent expansion a few years ago.

DeltaBoy

I got 400 rounds of American Eagle 36 grain HV HP 22 ammo at Academy in Fort Worth Friday after work.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Boarslab on January 28, 2017, 02:14:41 pm
SIG is building an ammo plant in Jville.

DeltaBoy

I still not seen any at my Walmart but Academy got plenty

Hogs run wild

March 22, 2017, 03:42:13 pm #325 Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:19:54 pm by Hogs run wild
stopped by my local gun store (picture below is of the store, not my collection) and picked up 2 boxes of ammo, this is if you are ever in bauxite. that does not include the .22LR on the opposite wall.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Hogs run wild on March 22, 2017, 03:42:13 pm
stopped by my local gun store and picked up 2 boxes of ammo, this is if you are ever in bauxite. that does not include the .22LR on the opposite wall.

You greedy bastid!!!!  >:(  Or should I say Piggy bastid?  ;)

Hogs run wild

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 22, 2017, 05:34:49 pm
You greedy bastid!!!!  >:(  Or should I say Piggy bastid?  ;)
that's not my collection. that's the store i went to. he's got plenty left. i modified to make things clear.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Hogs run wild on March 22, 2017, 09:17:53 pm
that's not my collection. that's the store i went to. he's got plenty left. i modified to make things clear.

ok..........thats diff then.  :)

DeltaBoy

Wal Mart still no dice down here.

vol_in_ar

Any Academy in NWA is loaded

tophawg19

wal marts in south ark still a no go. just crazy that they won't ship enough to cover it. they don't last 6 hours before they are out again
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

DeltaBoy

Wal-Mart's is not doing a good job at all.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 09, 2017, 01:45:56 pm
Wal-Mart's is not doing a good job at all.
And water is wet and ice is cold  ;)

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

I liked to have died Sunday afternoon My Walmart had 22 ammo in stock.

mellonhead

has anybody seen any 22 shorts in stock ?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: mellonhead on April 27, 2017, 11:47:03 am

My local gun shop has some and I grabbed a Hundred Winchester 22 pack yesterday and paid $6 45 cents.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: mellonhead on April 27, 2017, 11:47:03 am

I haven't seen any of those in forever...

DeltaBoy

Quote from: vol_in_ar on May 06, 2017, 09:33:28 am
I haven't seen any of those in forever...

Saw them in a store in Brownwood Texas
https://www.yelp.com/biz/weakley-watson-sporting-goods-early

They had tons of shorts and CB caps .

vol_in_ar

Pleasant Grove WM here in Rogers had 100 packs today....

I think they were 5.95 CCI

DeltaBoy

Quote from: vol_in_ar on May 20, 2017, 07:10:56 pm
Pleasant Grove WM here in Rogers had 100 packs today....

I think they were 5.95 CCI

That a good price.

95_alum

Availability pretty good at Cabela's (Rogers) right now. 22WMR on the shelves as well. Still no Stingers...

DeltaBoy

Yellow jackets and Stingers are still missing down here too.

95_alum

Local Walmart. It was a good day.

DeltaBoy

It getting better with each passing month!.

theFlyingHog

American Tiger in NLR/Maumelle had a nice looking selection. I was looking for 9mm though. Damn Federal HST rounds are tough to come by. Ft Thompson is redoing their ammo counter so they had everything in the back

hogginbama

For those that still can't find .22 on the local market. While shipping is included, this still keeps it at less than .10 a round.

https://www.midwayusa.com/cart
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Boarslab

Our local Walmart still never has any .22LR out--at least while I'm there and that's pretty dang often.  WTH is going on?  Surely the hoarders aren't still at work.  This is nuts.

kodiakisland

Went to Cabelas over the weekend.  Thousands upon thousands of 22s there.  At least 7 or 8 different brands taking up multiple shelves with quite a few signs saying there are NO limits on 22s.