• 378,819 Topics
• 21,047 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you grill/Smoke this week???  (Read 59130 times)

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
Re: What did you grill/Smoke this week???
« Reply #700 on: July 14, 2017, 08:44:10 pm »

Should be fine.  I'd call for reservations though.  We always go in either April or October so it's not a problem for us but July is another deal. 

Okay thanks a LOT!

Boarcephus

• Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
« Reply #701 on: July 14, 2017, 08:49:49 pm »

Okay thanks a LOT!

When you get back, let me know what you thought about it.  Safe travels.   

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #702 on: July 14, 2017, 08:53:15 pm »

When you get back, let me know what you thought about it.  Safe travels.   

I'll
Probably update you from down there. I will have the whole family so restaurants are "fun". Wife and three boys (9,6, & 1 yr old).

Boarcephus

« Reply #703 on: July 14, 2017, 09:09:14 pm »

I'll
Probably update you from down there. I will have the whole family so restaurants are "fun". Wife and three boys (9,6, & 1 yr old).

LOL!!  Bet they are!  :)  Just Deb and I because the boy and grandkids are knee deep in baseball season in Texas.  One of these days we'll work out a deal to take the grandkids but until then, just us and that's not a bad gig. 

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #704 on: July 14, 2017, 09:17:39 pm »

We finished baseball last week. I coach my 9 year old. We won state!

Boarcephus

« Reply #705 on: July 14, 2017, 09:31:30 pm »

We finished baseball last week. I coach my 9 year old. We won state!

Congrats!  I think the boy's team came in 2nd or 3rd in the state but I understand he's been picked for a traveling team so it continues.  I know that can run into $$$ for mom and dad.   Certainly has changed since I was that age,  You guys have fun and if you have any questions on where to eat, holler.  We've been going every year since the mid 80's so we've been there a time or two.  I can even show you how to get to Jerry Jones little shack which is about a half a mile down the beach from where we stay. 

Boarcephus

« Reply #706 on: July 16, 2017, 12:59:14 pm »

I have another trick that I've been using for a couple of years. I will melt my butter into a small container and add just as much fresh squeezed lime juice to it as there is butter. I do add a little salt also. Brush it on after you've pulled back the husks. It's like a flavor burst in your mouth biting into good sweet corn and having that lime and salty flavor mix with it. Unless you don't like lime juice, humor me and try it just once.

Tried this today and it's a winner!  Think I got my corn wrapped a little better today (cut the end off)  and it cooked in about 30-35 minutes.  That stuff is hard to beat.  Hope the tomatoes were good. 

Boog41

• Senior
« Reply #707 on: July 16, 2017, 06:09:03 pm »

Tried this today and it's a winner!  Think I got my corn wrapped a little better today (cut the end off)  and it cooked in about 30-35 minutes.  That stuff is hard to beat.  Hope the tomatoes were good. 

Glad the corn worked out!! I had some myself Saturday along with the yummy tomatoes you gave me. Especially like the grape ones. Thanks man, I owe you one!

Boarcephus

« Reply #708 on: July 16, 2017, 07:05:02 pm »

Glad the corn worked out!! I had some myself Saturday along with the yummy tomatoes you gave me. Especially like the grape ones. Thanks man, I owe you one!

Holler if you need more.  We had bacon and tomato sandwiches for breakfast and dinner today.  ;) 

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #709 on: July 17, 2017, 05:16:28 pm »

Just got back from stinkys. Good eating!  Oysters rockefeller, crawfish tamales, grilled amberjack and fried shrimp.

Boarcephus

« Reply #710 on: July 17, 2017, 07:14:49 pm »

Just got back from stinkys. Good eating!  Oysters rockefeller, crawfish tamales, grilled amberjack and fried shrimp.

I hope you liked it because that is one of our favorite places. The name sounds like a dive but it's pretty darn nice.  Haven't done the crawfish tamales but everything there is pretty top notch.  The grilled oysters we got there is what propelled us to start doing them ourselves.   I generally tear the oyster po'boy up and Deb goes the fried oyster plate route.    If you don't mind, let me know where you go next because we're always looking to try something new.    Have fun!  BTW, Shrimpers does a great job steaming shrimp you can take back to your condo if you like steamed shrimp.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #711 on: July 17, 2017, 07:22:32 pm »

I hope you liked it because that is one of our favorite places. The name sounds like a dive but it's pretty darn nice.  Haven't done the crawfish tamales but everything there is pretty top notch.  The grilled oysters we got there is what propelled us to start doing them ourselves.   I generally tear the oyster po'boy up and Deb goes the fried oyster plate route.    If you don't mind, let me know where you go next because we're always looking to try something new.    Have fun!  BTW, Shrimpers does a great job steaming shrimp you can take back to your condo if you like steamed shrimp.

Stinkys has shrunken their menu. They said they had a kitchen fire so now they are serving food next door in the bait shop. Was really good though. We are gonna hit that ocean club place one night. Not sure where else. We always do mcguires once for lunch cuz the kids love it.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #712 on: July 17, 2017, 07:37:45 pm »

Can you think of any other places we might oughta try?

Boarcephus

« Reply #713 on: July 17, 2017, 08:02:35 pm »

They had a fire????  Hope that sucker is up and going by October!   One of our favorite places has always been Harbor Docks which is just caddy corner from Sexton's Seafood on 98. They do one helluva breakfast if you're a breakfast fan but we are not.  We always go for lunch and in addition to their regular menu, they'll always have 4-5 lunch specials but be prepared to drop $15-20 for the special but they are always good.  They have their own fleet that goes out and catches the fish they serve so it's top notch quality and taste wise.  They are also known for their Thai food and the spring rolls are great!  Dewey Destin's behind McGuires is very good. Been there for years.  Sit's down on the water, kind of a dive looking place but the food is very good. 

Boarcephus

« Reply #714 on: July 17, 2017, 08:29:14 pm »

One more place if you're a breakfast fan, the Donut Hole is a can't miss.  My mom and dad, all their friends and my sister and her bunch swear by it.  There is one downtown Destin and one on the way to 30A.  We're just not big breakfast eaters. We'll go with cheese and a type of salami and call that good.  Our main meal is lunch.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #715 on: July 17, 2017, 08:34:35 pm »

Do yall ever go to louisiana lagniappe?  We love it. Also looked at a menu for vue on 30a. Looks nice.

Boarcephus

« Reply #716 on: July 17, 2017, 08:51:08 pm »

Do yall ever go to louisiana lagniappe?  We love it. Also looked at a menu for vue on 30a. Looks nice.

LL is very good but have not been in years.  They're dinner only and by that time we're generally in for the night.  The Vue was recommended to us last year and we tried it and were impressed.  If I'm not mistaken they have an early dining menu as well.  Great view, great service and great food.  What we eventually decided it was a wash with the Ocean Club and we can walk to Ocean Club. 

BR

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Chaos, panic, & disorder -- my work here is done.
    • BR's Home Page
« Reply #717 on: July 17, 2017, 08:52:10 pm »

Made this today.  Been wanting to try corn on the cob on the egg, Walmart had them on sale and that's all the encouragement I needed.  ;)  Soaked them for around 45 minutes then cooked them at 350 for around 50 minutes.  Did small lobsters and shrimp.  Ate well.
looks awesome

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #718 on: July 17, 2017, 09:44:16 pm »

LL is very good but have not been in years.  They're dinner only and by that time we're generally in for the night.  The Vue was recommended to us last year and we tried it and were impressed.  If I'm not mistaken they have an early dining menu as well.  Great view, great service and great food.  What we eventually decided it was a wash with the Ocean Club and we can walk to Ocean Club. 

Well we definitely gonna hit ocean club. Probably gonna hit a baytowne wharf restaurant too.

Boarcephus

« Reply #719 on: July 18, 2017, 06:57:12 am »

Baytowne is neat to see if nothing else. We walk over there 2-3 times while we're down there.  Kind of fun to walk around Jolie Island next to it.  There's Another Broken Egg place over there we  tried year before last.  Dropped $45 on a breakfast that was mediocre  at best.  They advertise Award Winning Bloody Mary's.  I asked the waitress how the made them and she told me it was Tabasco Bloody Mary mix.  Guess award winning can be most anything you give yourself an award for. 
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas