idochog

I love Jesus!

Bomis Hawg

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Boared

Hog Bounty Hunter

Definetly fired. The only thing that will change that is if he quits.

Nutt_Hate_Me

He will be arrested at a rest area for loving that helmet alittle too much.
It's great to be home.

hawgfan_18

Brett Hitman Hog

You don't get reassigned in college football.  If you move him to a positon coach he will just fester and continue to screw morale.  I say he gets the ax, but it will come out as "Houston Nutt has decided to resign to persue other interests." Or something along those lines to look like it was a "mutual" agreement.

WilsonHog

Don't dismiss hSv's prediction.  HDN has some powerful political allies. Barring a collapse of 4-7 or worse, and notwithstanding the loss to Vandy, there is a definite possibility that HDN will return in 2006. It would be sad that our program has fallen that far, and it would speak volumes about who wields the most influence in the Broyles Complex, but it may happen.

BATlanta

How many major contributors do people think have turned on Nutt after Saturday?  By major, I mean people that JFB would actually listen to. 

Porky Pig

I say he'll be at Arkansas in 2006. Not defending Nutt, just saying what I think will be the case.

And by the way, what exactly has Butch Davis done? He rode the coattails of Jimmy Johnson from Ok St. to Miami to Dallas. I honestly believe that my own mother who knows nothing about college football could recruit a blue chipper to Miami, so I look at his success at the "U" with a huge grain of salt. When everything was even, and believe me everything is even in the NFL, Butch had either some kind of a nervous breakdown or mental breakdown and quit before the lynch mob showed up. Cleveland is still a complete debacle directly because of Butch Davis and his assistants. I like Butch but don't honestly understand it when people say he's an incredible recruiter and coach.

Hog Bounty Hunter

BATlanta

I don't care if it's Butch Davis or not.  Personally, I just think that after eight years, it's time for a change.  Losing to Vanderbilt is unacceptable.  Especially after not making it to a bowl last year, losing to Minnesota & UNLV, and flirting with Nebraska and LSU.  Two years ago, we were not the team we should have been with Andrews, Richardson, Carroll, Bua, Miller, Jones, etc.  He's just not getting it done. 

Nutt_Hate_Me

Two consecutive losing seasons should be the threshold for firing a coach in the SEC.  Teams keeping their coaches longer than 2 end up really paying for it.  See MSU.  State let Jackie last 3 consecutive losing seasons because he had a run of 4 winning seasons and that stuff hole hadn't had that kind of success in over 50 years.  They are now paying for that misguided loyalty.

Danny Ford was fired after two consecutive losing seasons. 

Jerry Dinardo fired after 2 losing seasons, LSU quit *** around hired Saban won and MNC.  Ole Miss fired David Cutcliffe after just 1 losing season going 10-3 the year before. 

The upper echelon SEC schools have no tolerance for mediocrity.  Donnan was fired for going 8-4 at Georgia.  Zook was fired for too many 8-5's.  Baby Bowden was fired in the middle of a 3-8 season after going 10-3 the year before.    Tubberville got the Beejesus scared out of him after going 8-5 and went undefeated the next year.

It's great to be home.

Trooper

He will be here to coach next season but will hire an offensive cord. to call the plays.  Nutt will take more of a hands off approach next year. That will be done so #1 he can save his job and hopefully that will please others and #2 if the cord. sucks, the blame will fall on him. :razorback:

BATlanta

Nutt will never hire an OC.  He's been so deadset on calling the plays for so long that it would be like him resigning.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: Trooper on September 12, 2005, 09:40:53 pm
He will be here to coach next season but will hire an offensive cord. to call the plays. Nutt will take more of a hands off approach next year. That will be done so #1 he can save his job and hopefully that will please others and #2 if the cord. sucks, the blame will fall on him. :razorback:

A year too late for that.  Support is at its lowest.

SuperHog

We are stuck with the Nutt for a minimum of 2 more seasons.  Or until Big Jim says otherwise.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

mikeirwin

One of the things I heard today is that Frank wants him to accept some sort of "right hand man to the AD" position. Some of you have been pushing the idea that Nutt would become the AD. I still say Frank is not going to step aside for Nutt. But the right hand man story may have some merit. I continue to believe that Nutt still thinks he's a good coach and I think he will try to get another job. I guess it's possible that he could take the "aid to Frank" job for awhile 'till he found another job or if he couldn't get one he could hang around and wait for Frank to...well he might have a LONG wait.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Trooper on September 12, 2005, 09:40:53 pm
He will be here to coach next season but will hire an offensive cord. to call the plays. Nutt will take more of a hands off approach next year. That will be done so #1 he can save his job and hopefully that will please others and #2 if the cord. sucks, the blame will fall on him. :razorback:
Only one thing wrong with that. If that were a condition to stay Frank would make Nutt announce it NOW instead of wasting the next 9 games.

hawgfan_18

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 12, 2005, 10:34:22 pm
One of the things I heard today is that Frank wants him to accept some sort of "right hand man to the AD" position. Some of you have been pushing the idea that Nutt would become the AD. I still say Frank is not going to step aside for Nutt. But the right hand man story may have some merit. I continue to believe that Nutt still thinks he's a good coach and I think he will try to get another job. I guess it's possible that he could take the "aid to Frank" job for awhile 'till he found another job or if he couldn't get one he could hang around and wait for Frank to...well he might have a LONG wait.

you think nutt would do something like that? I'm being serious, anyone think this is a possibility, there has to be a major pay cut with this.

Oklahawg

HDN may wiggle his way into another year by finally letting go of the OC title. I know how adament he is about retaining it but payday has a way of changing one's opinion. He has an amazing knack of doing just enough to avoid the really nasty smelling crap thrown at him from sticking.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HawgTrough

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 12, 2017, 12:55:27 pm
12 years later, and how far have we come..?
got anything from after USC beat us down? Only for Nutt to rally the troops and rip off 7 straight SEC wins
WPS

DLUXHOG

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 12, 2017, 12:55:27 pm
12 years later, and how far have we come..?

I don't know, but it looks and sounds like we have the same f*cked up fan base...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)