Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Supermark101

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 08, 2015, 03:24:31 pm
I think it's an unsure line.  You have an sec team that defense is questionable going into a upper scale high school stadium to play someone that just got steam rolled by a top 25 team.  Mizzou should cover this easily but I think the Mizzou team on the road might be sleeping and hence the low line, I guess?  I think it actually opened at liek -13 or -12 and has been bet down to -10.5, which is even more confusing. 

If it's sitting at -10.5 come friday or saturday, I'll probably take a flyer.

Just put in big on Arkansas -21 -120. 

Line is down to -10 and -370. It's crazy. I like the money line big, but is my SEC bias blinding me? Am I missing something?

SPAL

Tennessee was -1 this morning when I locked in. Now they are +2. Major line movement.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

widespreadsooie

Rough hit on TN but ultimately lucky to win Co St, 3-3 today.

hogsanity

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 12, 2015, 01:02:01 am
I had Miami tonight as well bet them heavy. Was cussing them in 1st half something awful...then they came out in 2nd half and dominated.

What is your take on the Clemson/App St by chance? That's the only morning game looks to me worth betting...but Clemson -19 looks like one of those too good to be true...trap bets to me. Any insight?

sorry was working al day.  I have no insight and as you can see by my results, I am lucky most weeks to do better than break even. I just thought App Sate was way over matched at the scoring positions.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

campushog23

Gonna join in on the fun in here and post my picks as well. Have to make up for a rough Saturday. So far for Sunday:
KC -1
TB -2.5

onebadrubi

Man I got crushed yesterday. 

Arkansas loss
Notre dame loss
Uga loss
Clemson win
Took a late stab big on Boisie and lost
Took georgia tech Everest possible except full game ATS so those wind helped. 

Still almost a -3000 day for me. 

SPAL

I warned you boys about playing Arkansas....the problem is that it is impossible to be objective when you handicap your emotional team.

Won my game of the day with Virginia
Lost my small play with Tennessee.

1-1 on the day but in the black

Today...

Buffalo +2
Chicago +7

hogsanity

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 13, 2015, 10:16:06 am
I warned you boys about playing Arkansas....the problem is that it is impossible to be objective when you handicap your emotional team.

Won my game of the day with Virginia
Lost my small play with Tennessee.

1-1 on the day but in the black

Today...

Buffalo +2
Chicago +7

Had kc pickem and miami -31/2. took NYG and Saints straight up money line.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

widespreadsooie

WILL CLINTON

1-2 on the weekend, but my 1 was a 2 unit winner, so I broke even basically.

Tonight taking a flyer on a tip from a friend, Eagles -3.5, bought down to -3.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

WILL CLINTON

onebadrubi

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 14, 2015, 10:23:06 pm
Where did you get that line today?  Was it a live game line?

Yep, but it didn't matter. This is why I don't bet NFL, and if my friend hadn't called me and put me on them, I wouldn't have even bet either of them. Oh well.

hogsanity

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 15, 2015, 12:13:30 am
Yep, but it didn't matter. This is why I don't bet NFL, and if my friend hadn't called me and put me on them, I wouldn't have even bet either of them. Oh well.

just about everytime I bet a nfl game it is because the line looked to good to be true, and guess what, it usually was. I did bet KC the other day as a pickem over Houston. The texans had so much injury and and free agent losses, I thought they would ge routed, and they did.

Hawgndaaz

well, I'm already down 6 units on the season. great start hah~!

oldman1015

Quote from: hogsanity on September 15, 2015, 01:39:24 pm
just about everytime I bet a nfl game it is because the line looked to good to be true, and guess what, it usually was. I did bet KC the other day as a pickem over Houston. The texans had so much injury and and free agent losses, I thought they would ge routed, and they did.
I agree any time it looks too good don't bet it.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

widespreadsooie

This week's leans:

LOU +6 vs CLE
BC +7.5 vs FSU
La Tech +9 @ K St
UTSA +24.5 @ OK St
Miami -3.5 vs NEB
GT -2.5 @ ND
Hogs -11.5 vs TT
Cal -6.5 @ TX
RUT +10 @ PSU
Stanford +10 @ USC

onebadrubi

hogsanity

cle -5 vs lou
duke -31/2 vs nw
temple -101/2 vs umass
gt -21/2 vs nd
cal -61/2 vs tx
usc -10 vs stan
bg over Mem

DadVader1

Off to a slow start.  Went 5-7 last week for -1 unit, making it -1.5 unit YTD.  That was a weird week for the SEC.  On the bright side, it looks like the power rating systems are performing reasonably well so far, so I'm optimistic that things will get good as more data accumulates.

Tail picks
Georgia -19.5  L
A&M -30  W
OK pk  W
Ark -22  L
MO -10.5  L
FL -21  L

Spreadsheet picks
Syr -4.5  W
Ga Tech -28.5  W
VA +12.5  W
MD -7.5  L
Rutg -2  L
N. Mex -3.5  L

I'm waiting on predictions from one more set of rating systems before crunching the numbers.  Hoping to have that done by late afternoon.

Junkyard Hog

I like Clemson and the over tonight.  I don't think Louisville can cover the points without the over hitting.

hogsanity

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on September 17, 2015, 09:51:46 am
I like Clemson and the over tonight.  I don't think Louisville can cover the points without the over hitting.

I just took the team over on clemson at 28.5. Nothing I have seen from louisville makes me think they can hold Clem under 30. Clemsons offense is not as flashy as it has been the last 2 or 3 seasons, but it still looks pretty good.

Also took the over at 49.5 on Mich/Unlv.

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 17, 2015, 09:08:22 am
Off to a slow start.  Went 5-7 last week for -1 unit, making it -1.5 unit YTD.  That was a weird week for the SEC.  On the bright side, it looks like the power rating systems are performing reasonably well so far, so I'm optimistic that things will get good as more data accumulates.

Tail picks
Georgia -19.5  L
A&M -30  W
OK pk  W
Ark -22  L
MO -10.5  L
FL -21  L

Spreadsheet picks
Syr -4.5  W
Ga Tech -28.5  W
VA +12.5  W
MD -7.5  L
Rutg -2  L
N. Mex -3.5  L

I'm waiting on predictions from one more set of rating systems before crunching the numbers.  Hoping to have that done by late afternoon.

Last week was rough. Lost with ND, Ga, Ar, and mizzu. Winners were Miami ( covered and had the over too ) and Clemson. so went 3-4  Did go 3-2 on NFL so the entire weekend was a wash.

DadVader1

September 17, 2015, 03:37:50 pm #8523 Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:43:19 pm by DadVader1
Here's what I've done so far this week.  1/2 unit each on:

Clemson -5.5
Temple -10.5
Ill +9
NC St. -18
N. TX +9
V Tech -6
Wash -6
UTEP -2.5
W. KY +2
Ball St. -5

Added 1/2 unit each on:
TX +7
ND +3 (hook)
BYU +16.5
Wis -34.5
TCU -37
Syr -7
UNLV +34.5
Ark -11.5

DadVader1

Quote from: hogsanity on September 17, 2015, 10:07:06 am
Last week was rough. Lost with ND, Ga, Ar, and mizzu.

And I'm tempted to take all 4 of those again this week. 

yraciv

WILL CLINTON

Bowling Green +3 v Memphis
Florida -3 vs KY
ND +3 vs GT
USC -10 vs Stanford

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

widespreadsooie

Going on a little vacay tomorrow thru Mon. so got some picks in early:

Stanford +10
La Tech +10
Bama -6.5

8-9 YTD

Want a lower number on Hogs so waiting a bit on them but will play anything. Have this spread around 21. Other teams I still may get on UTSA +24.5, Miami -3, GT -2.5, Minny -24.

SPAL

hogsanity

craptacular start. lost both ways on the clem game. did have the over on the kc/den game

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogsanity on September 17, 2015, 11:10:51 pm
craptacular start. lost both ways on the clem game. did have the over on the kc/den game

I had Louisville +5, Under 54, Denver +3, and Under 42.5.  I really thought the Denver game was going to be a 20-17 type game, with Denver winning outright.  Even though KC is a tough place to play, Denver has owned them.  And with all the talk about Manning's demise, I thought he'd bounce back and lead them to victory.  I also thought KC's offense would struggle more against Denver's defense.  If it wasn't for Charles' fumbles, they likely win it.

widespreadsooie

Hawgndaaz

hawgmasta

I've been busy but after going big on that ohio state game two weeks ago I'm gonna pick these without much research as I should. Sometimes that just convolutes it and I over analyze; just go with your gut and what you see.

Miami over Neb at -3 (1/2 unit)
LSU over Auburn -7 (1 unit)
Georgia/SC over 53 (1/2 unit)
TTech +11.5 (1 unit) I think the hogs will win just by under ten though(1/2 unit)
USC over Standord -10 (1 unit)
Iowa over pitt -6 (1/2 unit)
Bama/miss  under 53 (1/2 unit)

And why the hell not. . After what happened.

Toledo over ISU  -7.5 (2 units)

jkstock04

My college football Saturday betting was pretty terrible last weekend, hopefully I can get that turned around. Went heavy on the Noles last night so off to a good start...here's what I have so far for today:

Navy -4.5; 5*

Southern Miss +3.0; 4*

UCLA -16.5; 4*

Miami -3.0; 3*
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

McKdaddy

SPAL

Texas +7 (almost tempted to play ML here)
Stanford +10

widespreadsooie

Lost BC last night bringing me to 8-10. Today's final card:

Stanford +10
La Tech +10
Bama -6.5
Hogs -11 (Love the Hogs tonight)

Spikes

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

hammer66

widespreadsooie

Spikes

Quote from: hammer66 on September 19, 2015, 12:06:24 pm
Probably, he went onto MMQB and acted like an idiot

Sure he was just being honest... Hurry back Jeff

widespreadsooie

Jameis, Ole Miss is for real. We are awful. 10-12 YTD.

SPAL

Spikes

WILL CLINTON

Bowling Green +3 v Memphis  Push
Florida -3 vs KY  W
ND +3 vs GT   W
USC -10 vs Stanford  L

NCAA FB
This Week --  2-1-1    Overall  --  7-6-1 

WILL CLINTON

At first glance, here are the games I will be keeping my eye on for the weekend.

TCU -7.5 v Texas Tech
UCLA -3 v Arizona
USC -6.5 v AZ St
TAMU -6.5 v Arkansas
OSU -4 v Texas
Oregon pick'em v Utah  Loving Oregon at home
Ball St +18.5 v Northwestern

I will cut this down to 3-5 by gameday.

SPAL

I won today with the steelers but I didn't get it posted. 3-0 weekend, 2-0 posted.

McKdaddy