Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dale Hansen hammers the Cowboys

Started by 26.2Hog, March 20, 2015, 01:32:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

26.2Hog

HiggiePiggy

Lol.  That was pretty funny.  But this is true with any sport. If you have talent you can get paid by someone to use it. No matter what you have done. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

EastexHawg

bennyl08

I don't see anything wrong with the hire. Is this guy supposed to be jobless for the rest of his life? Of course it would be different if he hit my theoretical daughter. It would also be a lot different if he ever cussed me out vs if he cussed somebody else out. Somebody, somewhere has to give him a job. Why not a team with a strong fan base that can afford to take a bit of a PR hit that also happens to need help at the position? He (allegedly) paid her well enough that she didn't show up to the appeal, so he has no legal charges against him. With as much money is on the line in the NFL, you do what you have to win.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

RebelliousHog

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 21, 2015, 02:09:08 am
I don't see anything wrong with the hire. Is this guy supposed to be jobless for the rest of his life? Of course it would be different if he hit my theoretical daughter. It would also be a lot different if he ever cussed me out vs if he cussed somebody else out. Somebody, somewhere has to give him a job. Why not a team with a strong fan base that can afford to take a bit of a PR hit that also happens to need help at the position? He (allegedly) paid her well enough that she didn't show up to the appeal, so he has no legal charges against him. With as much money is on the line in the NFL, you do what you have to win.

So, by using payola to buy off his ex GF and thereby having "no legal charges" makes him less a turd?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

DeltaBoy

Dale hammers the Cowboys every since Jerry banned him from the facilities and locker rooms about 15 years ago or so. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MikePiazza

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 25, 2015, 11:01:45 am
Dale hammers the Cowboys every since Jerry banned him from the facilities and locker rooms about 15 years ago or so.

Why did they? Didn't like what Dale was saying on WFAA?
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

bennyl08

Quote from: HenduHog on March 25, 2015, 08:33:07 am
So, by using payola to buy off his ex GF and thereby having "no legal charges" makes him less a turd?

As far as the Cowboys should be concerned, yes. As far as the general public should be concerned, no, it doesn't make him less a turd. However, the cowboys aren't an organization based off of kumbaya players, it's based off of winning games, particularly playoff games and superbowls. Yes, having him on the team will likely cost them some fans, however, winning more game with Hardy a part of the roster will likely financially make up for that. Therefore, he is not a turd from the perspective of the Cowboys. Rothlesberger and Farve are known more for their play on the field rather than sexual harassment off the field. Dallas has no reason to expect that Hardy will will cost more money from the loss of fandom than he will generate from success on the field. I don't root for Peyton Hillis based on his intelligence. I've known business majors and HS dropouts smarter than him. That doesn't mean I should stop cheering for him. It just means, I cheer him for his physical achievements more than his academic. Same principle with personal achievements. I personally disapprove of Tom Cruise's personal actions but I support some of the movies he does. Same with football. Doesn't matter if they are hyper christian, scientologists, or a woman beater, if they are good at football, I will support their physical abilities while making it clear I don't support their off the field behavior.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

DeltaBoy

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 25, 2015, 02:57:35 pm
Why did they? Didn't like what Dale was saying on WFAA?

Jerry got POED at him about something and told security never to let him back on the property.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

May 03, 2015, 01:33:05 pm #9 Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:18:47 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 01, 2015, 01:43:18 pm
Jerry got POED at him about something and told security never to let him back on the property.

Considering it is Jerry's team and property I have no problem with him doing that if true. I doubt Jerry would have Hardy on the team if he had hit his daughter. Heck Hardy would still probably be in jail if he did that.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi