Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NFL, New England vs. Denver, Brady vs. Manning

Started by 1hogrally, January 19, 2014, 02:01:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1hogrally

Who do y'all have?  To me this is a huge game with a lot at stake.  Manning goes against Brady maybe one last time for that last chance for a trip to the Super Bowl.

Mods, feel free to place this thread where it belongs.

Willyboy

Den and NE play again next season.

Denver wins today.

weresoclose

LSPRazorbac

N.E. by 1

Brady leaves the game with an undisclosed illness (syphillis?) allowing Mallet to throw a 96 yard Hail Mary for the win

Professor Psychosis

Always been a Broncos fan. Trying to take every play in because I've got a feeling this is the last time these 2 will face off, especially if Manning wins the Super Bowl.

I always wanted Brady to win these, and I think he is the better QB (slightly), but now I'm on the other side of the coin.  The Broncos would always lose to the Colts in the playoffs earlier in the 2000s, which made me hate Manning.  Of course now I don't mind having him on my team at all.

PonderinHog

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

titsonboar

Going with Denver
Like Peyton better and a Broncos fan

titsonboar

Wes Welker is a stud. Looks life a Jr high kid playing like a pro bowler.

Dr. Starcs

I asked this last week and never got a response. What are the exact "pick play rules" in the NFL. Denver runs them a considerable amount of time and rarely gets called for them.

Welker is a beneficiary of lots of those routes.

Boston RedHogs

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 19, 2014, 03:36:01 pm
I asked this last week and never got a response. What are the exact "pick play rules" in the NFL. Denver runs them a considerable amount of time and rarely gets called for them.

Welker is a beneficiary of lots of those routes.

The WR can rub in a crossing route with another WR throwing the opposing DB off his coverage.

What the WR can't do is target that DB by actually blocking him.  Think of it like a pick or screen in basketball; it can't be that deliberate.

PonderinHog

weresoclose

1hogrally

Quote from: Willyboy on January 19, 2014, 02:05:23 pm
Den and NE play again next season.

Denver wins today.

I know the teams play again next year.  But unless you're tight with Peyton and he happened to win the Super Bowl, he could retire.

Dr. Starcs

I can only hope he retires. Although he'll be on tv every week even then. Not sure what the best outcome is.

#peytonoverkill

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: 1hogrally on January 19, 2014, 05:26:29 pm
I know the teams play again next year.  But unless you're tight with Peyton and he happened to win the Super Bowl, he could retire.

I doubt he retires.  A couple of years and he will have the all time passing yards in a career. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

titsonboar

slobberinhog

HighcountryHog

no bumps, no fat chicks