Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patriots=sore losers?

Started by /sarcasm on, January 22, 2013, 12:16:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

/sarcasm on

With Belichick refusing to give a post game interview, Brady deciding not to play in the Pro Bowl, and Wes Welker's wife going off about Ray Lewis (regardless of whether she was on point or not), does anyone else feel like the Pats lack the sportsmanship one would expect from professionals?

I understand the desire to win and the disappointment found in the wake of defeat, but it seems to me that someone should be holding these people up to a higher standard of professionalism than they are currently being held to.

One of the first things that was instilled in me as a child was the importance of being gracious, whether in victory or defeat.

Thoughts?

Hogg_Phan

Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

aswefightforever

i disagree. belichick had already fulfilled his required media, so the interview wasn't something he had to do. how many big time players drop out of the pro bowl each season? i doubt he would've played in the game no matter what. and we welker's wife isn't on the team.
yuh.

Hooch

If it would have been anyone other than Belichek (sp?) you wouldn't have been able to turn around without hearing it. 

DeltaBoy

Wes needs to reign in his wife before he gets a phone call the Owner Mr Kraft.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Redhogs

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 22, 2013, 12:44:16 pm
Wes needs to reign in his wife before he gets a phone call the Owner Mr Kraft.
Why?  What did she say that was not true?  Now we get to listen to the media deify this guy for the next two weeks, completely ignoring his abbreviate behavior over the last 15 years.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

kimjongsqUeAl

Patriots = Whiney, rag using, pear-shaped, gurley men.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

BigRobHog

I think its more like the Ravens are sore winners.  Did you see the way Suggs acted after the game? And Pollard too? Just a bunch of thugs.
Ssshhhh just let it happen...

hobhog

Bigger question: what the hell was Brady doing when he held his cleats up during that slide? I say if he is going to do the Ty Cobb thing, he is fair game while sliding on the ground....rip that leg off.

KCRazorbackfan

Quote from: hobhog on January 22, 2013, 01:24:03 pm
Bigger question: what the hell was Brady doing when he held his cleats up during that slide? I say if he is going to do the Ty Cobb thing, he is fair game while sliding on the ground....rip that leg off.

Agreed, Brady needs to (and probably will) have his wallet lightened from going in high spikes; he needs to take lessons from Andrew Luck on how to take a hit and not sissy out.
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

southarkhog06

Looks like some on hogville are pats fans and also sore losers but what else do you expect from the most entitled brats in pro sports. Ray lewis made one bad mistake and has spent the rest of his career helping less fortunate inner city kids not just monetarily but personally and tom brady sits in entitlement land with his brazillian supermodel wife, and crys anytime things dont go his way. The only problem i have with the ravens game was they didnt hit the pats even harder than they did

Stang1970

Quote from: Hooch on January 22, 2013, 12:38:03 pm
If it would have been anyone other than Belichek (sp?) you wouldn't have been able to turn around without hearing it.

So its okay to not do the postgame interview if you win the game (Jim Harbaugh didnt talk to Fox after the game) but not if you lose?  Just a curious question

Eli Cash Ph.D

Quote from: BigRobHog on January 22, 2013, 01:17:37 pm
I think its more like the Ravens are sore winners.  Did you see the way Suggs acted after the game? And Pollard too? Just a bunch of thugs.

Racist?

Hooch

Quote from: Stang1970 on January 22, 2013, 02:34:52 pm
So its okay to not do the postgame interview if you win the game (Jim Harbaugh didnt talk to Fox after the game) but not if you lose?  Just a curious question

I am pretty sure he did his press conference, wasn't talking about the 2 minute interview on the field. 

But even if so, yes it is OK.  If you don't after you win its not because you are butthurt.

bplease

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 22, 2013, 02:19:38 pm
Looks like some on hogville are pats fans and also sore losers but what else do you expect from the most entitled brats in pro sports. Ray lewis made one bad mistake and has spent the rest of his career helping less fortunate inner city kids not just monetarily but personally and tom brady sits in entitlement land with his brazillian supermodel wife, and crys anytime things dont go his way. The only problem i have with the ravens game was they didnt hit the pats even harder than they did
Right because being a murderer is so much better than not caring what other people think while you make god babies.
Quote from: Feralhog on April 09, 2012, 07:30:33 pm
Didn't respond to the poll.  If a football coach is responsible for teaching my son morality, I'm not much of a Father.

Dr. Starcs

I don't mind it at all. This is just people wanting to complain about something. I hear people talk all the time about pro athletes not caring enough about winning and losing and they're too friendly with each other after the game. I like that theres some bad blood between teams.

Root66

Quote from: Xerxes on January 22, 2013, 12:16:24 pm
With Belichick refusing to give a post game interview, Brady deciding not to play in the Pro Bowl, and Wes Welker's wife going off about Ray Lewis (regardless of whether she was on point or not), does anyone else feel like the Pats lack the sportsmanship one would expect from professionals?

I understand the desire to win and the disappointment found in the wake of defeat, but it seems to me that someone should be holding these people up to a higher standard of professionalism than they are currently being held to.

One of the first things that was instilled in me as a child was the importance of being gracious, whether in victory or defeat.

Thoughts?

Belichick is Belichick is Belichick. People have declined to play in the pro bowl for years. And anytime anyone goes off on the chickenpunk Ray Lewis it's OK by me. He fricked up his sympathy from most people with his performance in his only other superbowl...being part of the thug murder and all. And I went off on that hotdog during the national anthem and two or three other times during the game Sunday. He's a clown.

ICEman

Patriots are both sore and score losers.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Stang1970

Quote from: Hooch on January 22, 2013, 03:02:49 pm
I am pretty sure he did his press conference, wasn't talking about the 2 minute interview on the field. 

But even if so, yes it is OK.  If you don't after you win its not because you are butthurt.

You cant have it both ways.  If you think it should be done when a team loses then it should be the same when they win.  And it was confirmed this morning that Jim Harbaugh did not do the interview similar to Belicheck with CBS on Fox.

Lakerhog

Thoughts?
I agree that the Pats are sore losers, but I also do think Welker's wife was right. Lewis isn't exactly the role model that he is being portrayed as by the media.

jmb1973

Hooch

Quote from: Stang1970 on January 22, 2013, 03:49:46 pm
You cant have it both ways.  If you think it should be done when a team loses then it should be the same when they win.  And it was confirmed this morning that Jim Harbaugh did not do the interview similar to Belicheck with CBS on Fox.

Oh I absolutely can have it both ways.  I am unaware of any type of law governing my feelings, however I wouldn't be surprised if congress entertained one. 

Huckleberry Pig

I'm not a fan of the Patriots but I could care less if Belichick or Brady didn't do a post-game interview.  The media didn't get to ask their normal dumb@ss questions that will end up getting vaguely answered or danced around anyways,  :'(

Just because you don't go to the post-game conference doesn't mean you're a sore loser either.  They just missed an opportunity to go to the superbowl, they are likely a little pissed off, as any competitor would be.  I'm sure the taste in their mouth was still a little bitter and I can't blame them for not wanting to go get hounded by the media for an hour... would you?

pigture perfect

Quote from: Eli Cash Ph.D on January 22, 2013, 02:37:46 pm
Racist?

don't cheapen civil rights by throwing racist charges unnecessarily. You weaken the cause.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigture perfect

Oh, yeah the Pats were sore losers.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

/sarcasm on

Belichick is just rude. Methinks he is too full of himself...

jesterzzn

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 22, 2013, 04:26:20 pmI'm sure the taste in their mouth was still a little bitter and I can't blame them for not wanting to go get hounded by the media for an hour... would you?

If I were making half of what they are, then yes.  Yes I would.

Anon2

Apparently I was the only one that saw Brady get his left shoulder stung close to the end of the game.  There's also another QB that decided not to play in the pro bowl.  Does anyone really watch that game?

bplease

Hahaha you people hold sports figures entirely too high. Self confidence much?
Quote from: Feralhog on April 09, 2012, 07:30:33 pm
Didn't respond to the poll.  If a football coach is responsible for teaching my son morality, I'm not much of a Father.

jesterzzn

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 22, 2013, 02:19:38 pmRay lewis made one bad mistake and has spent the rest of his career helping less fortunate inner city kids not just monetarily but personally and tom brady sits in entitlement land with his brazillian supermodel wife, and crys anytime things dont go his way.

Lewis got away with murder (allegedly) because he agreed to sell out his friends to the cops and could afford to pay off the family. 

I don't think either of them are nice guys, but Brady never had to burn his suit in a fast food dumpster because it had a dead man's blood on it.

Root66

Quote from: jmb1973 on January 22, 2013, 04:05:32 pm
Stupid?

I can't believe you played that card.

But Eli's a PH.D....Proctology Hog. Doctor.

Albert Einswine

I'm a Patriots fan going back to '77 and I think Belichick is ingracious in defeat, he's not much better in victory.

He's a strange cat, but he's a dang good coach and I've appreciated his run.

Brady gets too much abuse hurled his way from you envious knuckledraggers.  There isn't a harder working quarterback in the league. He's never been the most athletically talented or physically gifted QB of his generation but nobody can question his study of the game and intensity on the field.  Y'all would all be on his jock if he played for your teams.

So he bagged a supermodel and that's a reason to rail on him?  There's probably more pressure in that than there is in football.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

southarkhog06

Quote from: jesterzzn on January 22, 2013, 05:19:39 pm
Lewis got away with murder (allegedly) because he agreed to sell out his friends to the cops and could afford to pay off the family. 

I don't think either of them are nice guys, but Brady never had to burn his suit in a fast food dumpster because it had a dead man's blood on it.
regardless of what you or i think ray was aquitted but tom is a sore loser plain for the world to see. I mean seriously ive never seen a qb slide cleats up aimed at a defender just because they were frustrated thats pure bush league and lets not start on belichick

Athog

Thoughts?

I agree!

jesterzzn

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 22, 2013, 05:55:55 pm
regardless of what you or i think ray was aquitted but tom is a sore loser plain for the world to see.

He wasn't acquitted, he plead out and turned state's evidence then his memory of that night became fuzzy.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: jesterzzn on January 22, 2013, 06:51:48 pm
He wasn't acquitted, he plead out and turned state's evidence then his memory of that night became fuzzy.

And his blood spattered white suit was never found.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Tusks

It was a double homicide.....two guys were killed.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: kimjongsqUeAl on January 22, 2013, 01:12:05 pm
Patriots = Whiney, rag using, pear-shaped, gurley men.
I understand the NFL is also looking at a slide by Brady the other night. Apparently some question as to whether or not he was going into Ed Reed with the full intent of injury......

gitrdun

I personally dont get the Brady love. Everytime the man has been asked to drive the field for a touchdown to win a Playoff game he chokes. However he can get you in field goal range to let Vinitari win it for ya. He did this three times and he is compared to Montana who got you in the endzone. BS.

Mrcoolhog55

I am Happy, and glad the Ravens won. I do not like the Patriots. They acted like sore losers. I am tired of them.  I like this Super Bowl of San -Fran, and Baltimore. Ravens have a Hog on their team in Bobby Williams. I am sad for Ryan Mallet though. I will be happy to see Brady go-retire I hope this is the end of New England for a while, and this is my opinion.

SquidBilly

Ray Lewis should be behind bars but was allowed to plead to an obstruction charge.  It's moronic to me that a guy can be involved in two murders and still be considered hall of fame worthy.  I don't care how good he was able to play football.

maumellehog

Quote from: aswefightforever on January 22, 2013, 12:26:24 pm
i disagree. belichick had already fulfilled his required media, so the interview wasn't something he had to do. how many big time players drop out of the pro bowl each season? i doubt he would've played in the game no matter what. and we welker's wife isn't on the team.
thats incorrect.  Belichick refused a required post game interview with CBS.

EastexHawg

I was glad the Ravens won, but I'm sick of the Ray Lewis story already and the Super Bowl hasn't yet been played.  He's retiring.  We get it.  If a little is good, a whole lot must be a whole lot better.

Brand X Hog Fan

Contrast Brady with Seattle's Wilson (who incidentally is back-doored into the pro bowl due to Ryan's injury.) Wilson said he was disappointed in their loss right up until he hit the tunnel when it occurred to him that it was time to get excited about next year. Makes me proud to be a Seahawks fan. I realize it is rookie vs vet but still, the love of the game has to enter into it somewhere.

Watching the Pats vs Ravens game, It seemed to me like Brady was just going through the motions thinking the Ravens would bow down because they were playing the Pats. Meh, whatever. Go Hawks!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: tusked on January 22, 2013, 07:05:00 pm
It was a double homicide.....two guys were killed.

Lewis reached a plea deal and the two others were acquitted.  No one had been convicted in that case.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Beantown Razahback

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 22, 2013, 09:52:58 pm
Lewis reached a plea deal and the two others were acquitted.  No one had been convicted in that case.

OJ Simpson wasn't convicted either

blyhog

Quote from: Lakerhog on January 22, 2013, 03:50:46 pm
I agree that the Pats are sore losers, but I also do think Welker's wife was right. Lewis isn't exactly the role model that he is being portrayed as by the media.
Well considering that she is an ex-stripper she really should shut her mouth and stay away from chrome poles.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 22, 2013, 09:52:58 pm

OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony weren't convicted in their murder cases either, plus neither of them even had to negotiate a plea deal.

FANONTHEHILL

The plea deal was for obstruction and hindering the invetigation.  My post wasn't in defense of Lewis, I simply wanted to point out the prosecutor didn't have enough evidence to convict the other two.  Whether you're a Lewis fan or not, the tragedy is that there still is no resolution for the families of the two dead young men. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

b0sc0b

Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan