Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop Resurrecting Old Threads to Argue

Started by WilsonHog, February 22, 2015, 12:55:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 22, 2015, 03:47:03 pm
It's pitiful. but it's not by board. just wait until the Hogs start losing again. you won't see anyone on here saying don't bash the coach. they will be free to post that same crap again. let me say again. this is not my board. so the people who own it and run it can do as they please. but this is just wrong.

They can continue to bash the coach and his staff all they want! We don't need the old threads their post history let me know where they stood with MA. However, I would like to know do they still believe MA sucks as a coach and do they still want Greg Marshall? Most have disappeared from jump ball. 

lefty08

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 22, 2015, 03:57:06 pm
Mmqb isnt littered with all your old " fire jeff long" and " bring back bobby" crap. This is no different.

absolutely no difference in this post or a post looking for a fight either
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 22, 2015, 03:49:06 pm
Obviously, we don't need to resurrect old threads - new ones seem to do just fine.

Which was the purpose of it.

forrest city joe

Quote from: lefty08 on February 22, 2015, 03:59:49 pm
He knows it. the trashing of Mike Anderson backfired on them. now they don't want to be reminded of what a fool they made out of themselves. so they get what they want by pro-Mike Anderson posters not being allowed to bring old post back up reminding them of the bullcrap they posted. PITIFUL.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 22, 2015, 03:58:55 pm
They can continue to bash the coach and his staff all they want! We don't need the old threads their post history let me know where they stood with MA. However, I would like to know do they still believe MA sucks as a coach and do they still want Greg Marshall? Most have disappeared from jump ball. 
Disagree. but it's not by board. the folks who are Anti-Mike Anderson, get what they want on hogville yet again. just sad.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 22, 2015, 04:07:09 pm
Disagree. but it's not by board. the folks who are Anti-Mike Anderson, get what they want on hogville yet again. just sad.

Joe, sometimes people have a difference of opinion.  Sometimes people change their opinion.  Have you ever changed your mind about something?

Nipsey Mussle

If we lose to UK I will give a 100% guarantee the haters will be back spewing stupidity.

Steef

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 22, 2015, 03:54:11 pm
Can I please get my concern/question addressed?  What does the coach and player bashing do?  Promote unity?  This team is off to one of the best starts in YEARS but you wouldn't know it by posts on here.  Even after wins.

You see any player bashing, you hit 'report to moderator'. One of us will come running.

Coaches are pretty much fair game, as long as the language isn't foul.

But "I told you so" fights are about delivering malice from one member to another. That's against the rules and should be.

PharmacistHog

I've never bashed MA. Its just to the point you cant read jumpball for any kind of conversation because everybody has chosen sides and you are either labeled a lover or hater. I'll admit to having fun with Joe's threads because its comical to me. You have to either laugh at it or just be annoyed to the point of not even reading about OUR razorbacks. I don't post a lot here, but I like to follow the game threads if I cant watch and I like to here the summaries after the games. Its hard to do that now. I hope it all is cleaned up. I just wish we could all be fans instead of calling each other out. Its sad that the posters we have in the freaking politics ( POLITICS!!!!) forum get along better than in the basketball forum of a team that is red hot, top 25, poised to end Kentuckys streak, and headed to the big tourney. This could be a very special year and more than likely is a very special players final year. Need to savor and enjoy it folks.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Steef

Quote from: lefty08 on February 22, 2015, 03:59:49 pm

Actually, quite a bit of difference.

Resurrecting an old thread for the purpose of picking a fight...is looking for trouble.

In THIS thread, Pharm was responding to Joe's question...with truth. Joe used to DO...against Jeff and Co.....what he's now complaining that others were doing against Mike.

Double standard.

Albert Einswine

I love FCJ's hypocrisy here. It's as rich as red velvet.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

lefty08

Quote from: steefhog on February 22, 2015, 04:14:36 pm
Actually, quite a bit of difference.

Resurrecting an old thread for the purpose of picking a fight...is looking for trouble.

In THIS thread, Pharm was responding to Joe's question...with truth. Joe used to DO...against Jeff and Co.....what he's now complaining that others were doing against Mike.

Double standard.

I stand corrected
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

forrest city joe

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 22, 2015, 04:11:25 pm
If we lose to UK I will give a 100% guarantee the haters will be back spewing stupidity.
And they will be allowed on this forum to trash Mike Anderson to no end.and when i try to defend him, i am told to stop it. just sad.

WilsonHog

Quote from: 98hogs on February 22, 2015, 01:56:18 pm
I've been a MA fan since day 1 and never jumped off the boat. I agree with you and I am not one that does this,  but no one should be dictating what should be discussed and  what should not. Trying to control speech is un American.

How do you feel about letters to the editor being reviewed prior to publication?

Where do you stand on the use of a delay button for radio call-in shows?

There is zero freedom of speech on a privately-owned message board.

WilsonHog

Quote from: lefty08 on February 22, 2015, 01:47:54 pm
I think it was done more to show people not to judge too quickly, there is plenty of arguing in here as it is. The game threads are proof. Anything goes in there. I know u didn't seem to be a MA fan Wilson, what's your opinion now?

I am a Mike Anderson fan. Have been since he was at Missouri.

Letsroll1200

Joe most of these guys didn't believe in Mike at first. Some thought they would lose by 10-15 points at Georgia! There was several threads bashing Mike and Ky Madden. Joe you have been a supporter of MA before his arrival and you keep posting about giving MA time. He followed a head coach that can't get another high level head coaching job in basketball. However, he has improved off the court and on the court performance.

Swinesong1

Quote from: steefhog on February 22, 2015, 04:11:56 pm
You see any player bashing, you hit 'report to moderator'. One of us will come running.

Coaches are pretty much fair game, as long as the language isn't foul.

But "I told you so" fights are about delivering malice from one member to another. That's against the rules and should be.
So it's really not about keeping the peace!  It's about placating the vocal, negative minority.  And if I as a moderator feel the same as them, my rules will reflect such.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 22, 2015, 04:14:53 pm
Would you care to add that should that occur, a good number of people (myself included) might like to discuss why it occurred?
Oh I don't care about that.

Irrational hating is what drives me crazy (and many good posters off of HV).

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 22, 2015, 04:20:30 pm
Joe most of these guys didn't believe in Mike at first. Some thought they would lose by 10-15 points at Georgia! There was several threads bashing Mike and Ky Madden. Joe you have been a supporter of MA before his arrival and you keep posting about giving MA time. He followed a head coach that can't get another high level head coaching job in basketball. However, he has improved off the court and on the court performance.
+1000. yep.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on February 22, 2015, 03:46:03 pm
Lanny, I know that we are all here by the grace of you and I thank you for that.  That being said, I don't agree with Wilson on this.  I know he gets tired of cleaning up the crap afterwards, and I truly understand that.  But there are some on this site that have been irrationally critical of Anderson, Bielema etc. and they never get called on it.  Pulling back up their actual words and making them look at them again serves a very good purpose of letting them know that sometimes it is better to just keep your mouth shut if you don't have ANYTHING constructive to say.  A few owned up and made fun of their earlier posts and that was the point.  Others doubled down on the stupid and said, just wait til next year and we won't be any good then.  I guess some just love to be hateful and negative because that is their personality.

I think humble pie is a useful teaching tool sometimes.  JMHO

Incorrect. I have personally banned probably 8-10 of those most critical of Mike this season. Not a three-day ban...a "see you in 30 (60) (90)-day ban.

Rawland Watson

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 22, 2015, 02:06:30 pm
I have a real dislike for all the bad threads on the board. However, I think people shouldn't put strong opinions about our coaches and players in writing and not be held accountable if their strong opinions that are often stated as facts, turn out to be wrong. It is easy to get on here and burn this coach down, burn this team down, when they lose two games in a row. I find it very good reading when a thread is resurrected so I can see who had the best grip on a particular situation. It gives me insight into what posters opinions I might should trust and what posters opinions I might ignore.

I don't see as much arguing in those threads as I see fact checkers looking for posts that were factual or posts with spewed venom. One reason for the lack of arguments are the poster that posted the opinions with no insight are no where to be seen. Oh well, I will miss some of the fact checking that has been going on.

I agree 1000 Percent!
hard work and dedication

lefty08

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 22, 2015, 04:20:04 pm
I am a Mike Anderson fan. Have been since he was at Missouri.

ok i might have u confused with another mod, i just thought i remembered several negative posts about MA by you in other threads. That solves that

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 22, 2015, 04:23:40 pm
Incorrect. I have personally banned probably 8-10 of those most critical of Mike this season. Not a three-day ban...a "see you in 30 (60) (90)-day ban.
You didn't get em all.   ;D

I understand it is a hard job, but I am really tired of the irrational negativity over certain coaches and I think some them really need to think before they post some of that crap.  I didn't say I wouldn't comply, just that I didn't agree with the premise.

Steef

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 22, 2015, 04:20:53 pm
So it's really not about keeping the peace!  It's about placating the vocal, negative minority.  And if I as a moderator feel the same as them, my rules will reflect such.

Again, I can't speak for other mods. But I don't HAVE an opinion in Jump Ball. I haven't watched a basketball game since the 90's. Couldn't tell you the names of the players (well, okay...I do keep hearing Portis and Qualls)....or any of the assistants.

Nor do I have any personal feelings about any Jump Ball Forum regulars.

I just watch for rules violations.

If someone wants to brag on Mike...go for it. If someone wants to bag on Mike...go for it.

If someone wants to call another member a 'fool!'....or any other name....that post is going to disappear. Anyone who "quotes" that post....their post will disappear too.

And now, with Wilson's new edict (he's an ADMIN...he gets to make up new rules...which the rest of us mods are tasked to enforce)....if you resurrect an old thread...the old thread will disappear.

And that poster just might disappear too.

No agenda. Just rules.  :)

WilsonHog

Quote from: lefty08 on February 22, 2015, 04:25:17 pm
ok i might have u confused with another mod, i just thought i remembered several negative posts about MA by you in other threads. That solves that

My take on Mike is simple, and my post history reflects it. He was my first choice the day he was hired. Has been since then, and I have never advocated for another coach. I did say that as much as I hated it, if we didn't make the NCAA Tournament this year, Mike should he terminated as our head coach. That clearly is not going to be the case, and I couldn't be happier about it.

You know what I am? In a nutshell?

I am a message board administrator who HATES argument. I do not care who the poster is or what their position is; I don't want to put up with the back-and-forth argument.

forrest city joe

The Bottom line to this new rule about bringing up old post. is Lanny owns and pays for this board. he says stop it, so people will stop if they want to stay on here. but this is flat out wrong. i 100% disagree with it. but i don't pay the bills. i am just going to sit back and watch. because it will happen again when the team goes through hard times again. and it all will be allowed on here with no problem.

lefty08

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 22, 2015, 04:31:09 pm
My take on Mike is simple, and my post history reflects it. He was my first choice the day he was hired. Has been since then, and I have never advocated for another coach. I did say that as much as I hated it, if we didn't make the NCAA Tournament this year, Mike should he terminated as our head coach. That clearly is not going to be the case, and I couldn't be happier about it.

I am a message board administrator who HATES argument.

i agree with the last part and like i said, it probably was someone else

Quote from: steefhog on February 22, 2015, 04:28:04 pm
Again, I can't speak for other mods. But I don't HAVE an opinion in Jump Ball. I haven't watched a basketball game since the 90's. Couldn't tell you the names of the players (well, okay...I do keep hearing Portis and Qualls)....or any of the assistants.

If someone wants to brag on Mike...go for it. If someone wants to bag on Mike...go for it.

If someone wants to call another member a 'fool!'....or any other name....that post is going to disappear. Anyone who "quotes" that post....their post will disappear too.

And now, with Wilson's new edict (he's an ADMIN...he gets to make up new rules...which the rest of us mods are tasked to enforce)....if you resurrect an old thread...the old thread will disappear.

So you don't care about Razorback games and don't watch, but you moderate a Razorback board? Seems odd.

lefty08

Quote from: Karma on February 22, 2015, 04:33:22 pm
So you don't care about Razorback games and don't watch, but you moderate a Razorback board? Seems odd.

to me thats the best kind of moderater. no agenda, no opinion, just enforces rules. We should see more of you Steef

PharmacistHog

He loves football.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Steef

I CARE....about anything 'Razorback'. But I don't watch basketball.

Do you watch every Hog sporting event? Does anyone?

And yes, I care about keeping this board as livable as I can, while I'm here. As should everyone who posts/lurks here.

Steef

tophawg19

Quote from: Lanny on February 22, 2015, 02:50:05 pm
Great words of Wisdom from Wilsonhog.  What is wrong with you guys
Sounds like some of them think they own the board . Wilson says let it go and stop it and they think they have a right to argue . guys let it go . everyone is a fan even if they don't share the same opinion . Who'S Right ? only time will tell. We could go stone cold and collapse or win every game . I see concern over next year without Portis  but i think Kapita eased that some . No ones opinion is wrong yet except for those who called for total fail and many of those were angry . i know there are trolls and folks just trying to stir crap but overall we are mostly hog fans . Unless you are Rick Schaffer , i bet you have some wrong or incorrect posts on here to. we are all guilty of these .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Letsroll1200

Quote from: steefhog on February 22, 2015, 04:28:04 pm

What's considered a old thread? How old?

Steef

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 22, 2015, 04:39:35 pm

You quoted my post, so I'll respond....that I don't know.

Wilson will have to decide that.  :)

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 22, 2015, 04:39:35 pm

Why dont you pull one from 3 weeks ago and test the waters?  If you get banned, we'll have our benchmark.

Steef

WilsonHog

Quote from: steefhog on February 22, 2015, 04:45:20 pm

I don't have any time frame in mind. However, if the thread has been inactive for days and a poster brings it up with the obvious attempt to rub it in the face of other posters, it'll be shut down.

Makes me zero difference which side of the divide (which is patently ignorant to begin with) does it.

Steef

Letsroll1200

Quote from: steefhog on February 22, 2015, 04:45:20 pm

I really believe Wilson is just trying to get rid of the negativity that often times happen on message boards. However, monitoring what's considered old is very situational and subjective. A lot of what happens on jump ball is people are passionate about the program and it times of frustration say things that are very negative. It's the nature of message boards.

forrest city joe

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 22, 2015, 04:31:09 pm

I am a message board administrator who HATES argument. I do not care who the poster is or what their position is; I don't want to put up with the back-and-forth argument.
Mike should not have been terminated even if he did not make the dance this year. so you got that wrong. as Jeff Long said on Bo.s show the other week, and i Quote. Mike Anderson took over a dumpster fire.he knew it was going to take him more time to fix it. that's one of the reasons he gave him the 2 year extension. yet you wanted him fired if he did not make the ncaa this year. tells me a lot. but does not shock me one bit.

lefty08

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 22, 2015, 04:50:57 pm
Mike should not have been terminated even if he did not make the dance this year. so you got that wrong. as Jeff Long said on Bo.s show the other week, and i Quote. Mike Anderson took over a dumpster fire.he knew it was going to take him more time to fix it. that's one of the reasons he gave him the 2 year extension. yet you wanted him fired if he did not make the ncaa this year. tells me a lot. but does not shock me one bit.

again joe, its his opinion, which hes entitled to

Quote from: steefhog on February 22, 2015, 04:38:23 pm
I CARE....about anything 'Razorback'. But I don't watch basketball.

Do you watch every Hog sporting event? Does anyone?

And yes, I care about keeping this board as livable as I can, while I'm here. As should everyone who posts/lurks here.

Not being critical. Just interesting. I don't care about track and field, and i've never been to that section of the site.  If there is one.

tophawg19

Joe you get by with more than anyone on here yet still gripe about others . if you don't like the way this one is run , you have the right to start your own board .  WE have the best board of any team i've seen. Go visit a Mizzou board and then check back. Wilson made the correct call to clean up the board and fighting , Lanny backed him up . Now we either get on board or get off the board , just that simple .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Steef

Quote from: Karma on February 22, 2015, 04:53:12 pm
Not being critical. Just interesting. I don't care about track and field, and i've never been to that section of the site.  If there is one.

Fair enough.

There are a few Hog sports that don't have a forum.

But during BB season, this forum heats up. And there are so many threads, it takes several mods to cruise them all. That's why I'm here.  :)

forrest city joe

Quote from: lefty08 on February 22, 2015, 04:52:11 pm

again joe, its his opinion, which hes entitled to
And it's my opinion he's dead wrong. how do you fire a coach who has improved the program every year he was he. HE TOOK OVER A DUMPSTER FIRE! and got it better every year. the idea that you fire him if he does not make the dance this year is just crazy.that's my opinion.

forrest city joe

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 22, 2015, 04:54:46 pm
Joe you get by with more than anyone on here yet still gripe about others . if you don't like the way this one is run , you have the right to start your own board .  WE have the best board of any team i've seen. Go visit a Mizzou board and then check back. Wilson made the correct call to clean up the board and fighting , Lanny backed him up . Now we either get on board or get off the board , just that simple .
My old board will be coming back. and sooner than you think. the new FCJoe show is not far away.stay tune.

lefty08

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 22, 2015, 04:59:28 pm
And it's my opinion he's dead wrong. how do you fire a coach who has improved the program every year he was he. HE TOOK OVER A DUMPSTER FIRE! and got it better every year. the idea that you fire him if he does not make the dance this year is just crazy.that's my opinion.

we all know your opinion, and nobody was critical about your opinion, so quit being critical of others opinions

The Divine Swine

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 22, 2015, 02:06:40 pm
I could not disagree more. We have had to put up with posters spewing hate and idiotic nonsense for so long in basketball. If people want to point out those poster stupid comments then I say do it. They are the ones that posted that crap in the first place so they can live with what people drag up. You don't think they will be back spewing the same garbage at the first opportunity? Think again. Posting the old negative crap may help shut them up in the future. Don't give them a pass.

There is some truth to this. Those voicing their disdain for Mike the last four years never cared about what they said about him and those supporting him. We all need to be civil, but the op should be ashamed for trying to dictate opinions on a message board, especially if it is civil. Even if it is in an "I told you so" spirit.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Swinesong1

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 22, 2015, 04:47:57 pm
Why dont you pull one from 3 weeks ago and test the waters?  If you get banned, we'll have our benchmark.
Thanks for that.  LMBO!