Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop Resurrecting Old Threads to Argue

Started by WilsonHog, February 22, 2015, 12:55:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 22, 2015, 05:02:04 pm
My old board will be coming back. and sooner than you think. the new FCJoe show is not far away.stay tune.

So, you're leaving??

PharmacistHog

My old board will be coming back. and sooner than you think. the new FCJoe show is not far away.stay tune.

Should hire Jimmy B to co-host. I hear he is free now.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

tophawg19

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 22, 2015, 04:48:32 pm
I don't have any time frame in mind. However, if the thread has been inactive for days and a poster brings it up with the obvious attempt to rub it in the face of other posters, it'll be shut down.

Makes me zero difference which side of the divide (which is patently ignorant to begin with) does it.
common sense guys . if it's going to start an argument let it ride . check some other boards and you'll find this one is the best . but we can make it better and easier on the mods with a bit of common sense .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Dirty

If you can't bring up old threads then they should be deleted after a period of time.  I'm with FCJ!

forrest city joe

Quote from: lefty08 on February 22, 2015, 05:03:06 pm
we all know your opinion, and nobody was critical about your opinion, so quit being critical of others opinions
If others opinions are crazy to me, why can't i say i disagree, and that's crazy to me? the idea if Mike did nottake the team to the NCAA this year, he should be fired, is crazy to me. starting all over with a new coach yet again. while the coach you are firing is improving the program every year. sorry but that's crazy in my opinion. and im one who said that this team would be in the dance this year. and i said it before the season even started.

lefty08

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 22, 2015, 05:08:53 pm
If others opinions are crazy to me, why can't i say i disagree, and that's crazy to me? the idea if Mike did nottake the team to the NCAA this year, he should be fired, is crazy to me. starting all over with a new coach yet again. while the coach you are firing is improving the program every year. sorry but that's crazy in my opinion. and im one who said that this team would be in the dance this year. and i said it before the season even started.

you can

saying i disagree is different than saying you are 100% wrong
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

WilsonHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 22, 2015, 04:59:28 pm
And it's my opinion he's dead wrong. how do you fire a coach who has improved the program every year he was he. HE TOOK OVER A DUMPSTER FIRE! and got it better every year. the idea that you fire him if he does not make the dance this year is just crazy.that's my opinion.

The difference between you and I, Joe, is that when you find an opinion you disagree with, your approach is to get in someone's face and act like an ass.

I don't feel the need to do that, and have no respect for anyone who does.

A man who cannot debate civilly doesn't have an opinion worthy of any credibility.

Swinesong1

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 22, 2015, 05:10:57 pm
The difference between you and I, Joe, is that when you find an opinion you disagree with, your approach is to get in someone's face and act like an ass.

A man who cannot debate civilly doesn't have an opinion worthy of any credibility.
See this is exactly what I'm talking about.  Posters can't say someone's a fool (example used in this thread) but a mod can call someone an ass.

tophawg19

if you do then i'm happy for you . we can always use more boards . more , equals more publicity . Any is good . it gets people talking

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 22, 2015, 04:50:57 pm
Mike should not have been terminated even if he did not make the dance this year. so you got that wrong. as Jeff Long said on Bo.s show the other week, and i Quote. Mike Anderson took over a dumpster fire.he knew it was going to take him more time to fix it. that's one of the reasons he gave him the 2 year extension. yet you wanted him fired if he did not make the ncaa this year. tells me a lot. but does not shock me one bit.

Joe, Wilson does need me or anybody taking up for him but your opinion isn't the only opinion that matters here although 90% of what is written in jump ball has to do with you and your right to you expressing your displeasure with thos who disagree with you in a rude and crude way. 

Your love of Mike Anderson is noted.  Your hatred of Jeff Long and love of Bobby was noted for years. 

You have become paranoid about mike Anderson haters.  Most of us wanted him for the job and all of us are thrilled with the team's success this year.  I think what Wilson meant was that this WAS the year it needed to happen...and it has happened.  Had we missed the tournament again  with the team we are putting on the floor a lot of fans would have serious doubt about whether or not he could get the job done. 

I know that nobody is going to change the way you post or what you think so I'm not going to get back the past three minutes of my life I spent on this post.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 22, 2015, 05:13:37 pm
See this is exactly what I'm talking about.  Posters can't say someone's a fool (example used in this thread) but a mod can call someone an ass.

If the shoe fits. 

Maybe I should have let Wilson handle that situation himself. 

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Dirty on February 22, 2015, 05:08:25 pm
If you can't bring up old threads then they should be deleted after a period of time.  I'm with FCJ!

Make sense to me

Woopig69

Since everyone in the thread is bitching about one thing or another, I would like to see something done with the game threads. There are 3 or 4 idiots who make the game threads absolutely awful.

Swinesong1

Quote from: OTR on February 22, 2015, 05:18:16 pm
If the shoe fits. 

Maybe I should have let Wilson handle that situation himself.
You're a known Joe antagonist.  You're really not trying to resolve anything.  You're just hoping he gets stirred up.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 22, 2015, 05:08:53 pm

It's about protecting the posters that agreed with this fire Mike Anderson stuff. They don't want that to be apart of the conversation because some have to admit that the guy from Forrest City was right.

forrest city joe

Whatever. i think your idea that Mike Anderson should have been fired this year if he did not take this team to the NCAA is just crazy.that's not an in your face. that's my opinion.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Woopig69 on February 22, 2015, 05:19:15 pm
Since everyone in the thread is bitching about one thing or another, I would like to see something done with the game threads. There are 3 or 4 idiots who make the game threads absolutely awful.

It's a message board. If you want positive words and hymns go to church!

Swinesong1

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 22, 2015, 05:18:43 pm
Have you read Joe's post? 

(I'd say posts, but since they are all the same.....)
It was said by a mod in this thread that name calling is not OK.  Yet, a mod does it himself.  We can all be over the top on here.  That's not debatable.  Joe is one of a kind.  But, he's no worse than three or four others who disagree with him.  Just this week, Joe had not posted but he was called out over and over by antagonists.  After doing so, they complain about him coming out.

Nipsey Mussle

I'm a big fan of Mr. Wilson, but that sentence has irony pouring out of it.

ricepig

So, I guess we shouldn't bring this thread up in about 3 weeks?

WilsonHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 22, 2015, 05:23:00 pm
It's about protecting the posters that agreed with this fire Mike Anderson stuff. They don't want that to be apart of the conversation because some have to admit that the guy from Forrest City was right.

No, not at all. It's about quality of discussion.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 22, 2015, 05:18:43 pm
Have you read Joe's post? 

(I'd say posts, but since they are all the same.....)
I don't care, if you call someone out for name calling and then call that person an "ass," you open yourself for criticism.

forrest city joe

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 22, 2015, 05:15:53 pm
if you do then i'm happy for you . we can always use more boards . more , equals more publicity . Any is good . it gets people talking
Hogville is a hell of a board. Lanny has done a great job of building it from nothing. and i have much respect for him.but i do not agree with this new Wilsonhog rule.but i have no choice but to accept it or leave. i understand that. that's why my old board will be coming back.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 22, 2015, 05:23:00 pm
Yep. 100% right.

Swinesong1

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 22, 2015, 05:30:44 pm
I don't care, if you call someone out for name calling and then call that person an "ass," you open yourself for criticism.
But you're breaking the rules if you call someone a name.  Whatever your "reason".

FATHAWG08

Quote from: lefty08 on February 22, 2015, 01:47:54 pm
I think it was done more to show people not to judge too quickly, there is plenty of arguing in here as it is. The game threads are proof. Anything goes in there. I know u didn't seem to be a MA fan Wilson, what's your opinion now?
This, allowing the MA haters to voice their nonsense opinions early in year, saying MA  can't get it it done, NIT bound.They  deserve to get called out. Keep your mouth shut let the season play out then voice your opinion. They're getting what they deserve.
I love off season Football!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 22, 2015, 05:41:39 pm
This, allowing the MA haters to voice their nonsense opinions early in year, saying MA  can't get it it done, NIT bound.They  deserve to get called out. Keep your mouth shut let the season play out then voice your opinion. They're getting what they deserve.
+1000. right on the money.

Earl

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 22, 2015, 05:30:44 pm

Sometimes the person who is in charge needs to make a point.  Good grief Joe consistently hits people between the eyes with a two by four and he swings that two by four at anyone he thinks is a hater, which is anyone who has a difference of opinion or dare doesn't agree with Mike Anderson on anything. 

If Joe is gonna dish out hell in buckets then sometimes he's gonna get a little hell back.  Wilson is as thoughtful and level headed as anyone....maybe he's fed up with Joe's crap like a lot of other people.  Give it a break.

Porkys Revenge

Methinks the OP was feeling the heat of some of his previous premature posts about MA, therefore, the cease and desist order was handed down. 

In other words, "if anyone drags up one of my old posts where I said MA should be fired, you're toast".

Just man up and eat your crow, this is the perfect thread for it.  :)

HogWild7886

No more I told you so? Well how about getting rid of the trolls saying the game is over 5 minutes into the game.

forrest city joe

Quote from: OTR on February 22, 2015, 05:47:33 pm
Sometimes the person who is in charge needs to make a point.  Good grief Joe consistently hits people between the eyes with a two by four and he swings that two by four at anyone he thinks is a hater, which is anyone who has a difference of opinion or dare doesn't agree with Mike Anderson on anything. 

If Joe is gonna dish out hell in buckets then sometimes he's gonna get a little hell back.  Wilson is as thoughtful and level headed as anyone....maybe he's fed up with Joe's crap like a lot of other people.  Give it a break.
Fathaw8 post and i Quote.    This, allowing the MA haters to voice their nonsense opinions early in year, saying MA  can't get it it done, NIT bound.They  deserve to get called out. Keep your mouth shut let the season play out then voice your opinion. They're getting what they deserve. un-Quote. people like you are the problem, not me.

forrest city joe

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 22, 2015, 05:52:34 pm
Please read that again, Wilson did not call Joe an ass.  His point was that Joe was acting like one - totally different thing.
Wilson can call me whatever he wants. i really don't give a crap. i think him wanted Mike Anderson fired if he did not make the dance this year is just crazy. my opinion on that is not changing not matter what.

Pigsear

Please read that again, Wilson did not call Joe an ass.  His point was that Joe was acting like one - totally different thing.

Well said, you beat me to it.

Swinesong1

So if I put "acting like" before the word, it's OK?

forrest city joe

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on February 22, 2015, 05:54:07 pm
Methinks the OP was feeling the heat of some of his previous premature posts about MA, therefore, the cease and desist order was handed down. 

In other words, "if anyone drags up one of my old posts where I said MA should be fired, you're toast".

Just man up and eat your crow, this is the perfect thread for it.  :)

Yep. +1000.

HF#1

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 22, 2015, 05:56:46 pm
Fathaw8 post and i Quote.    This, allowing the MA haters to voice their nonsense opinions early in year, saying MA  can't get it it done, NIT bound.They  deserve to get called out. Keep your mouth shut let the season play out then voice your opinion. They're getting what they deserve. un-Quote. people like you are the problem, not me.

Why do you let these folks bother you so bad?  They are just people with opinions.  Right or wrong, it doesn't matter.  Anyone with any sense at all knows Mike isn't going anywhere for a long time.  We are well on our way to the NCAA tournament.  We have a cpl new studs coming next season.  If Portis and or Qualls sticks around, we are a legit final four contender.

If someone doesn't like Mike as a coach, to hell with them.  No use in having a coronary over it.  I seriously picture you sitting at your computer frothing at the mouth and throwing stuff while posting on Hogville.

Simmer down a little and let people believe what they want to believe.  They have no power to change anything so their opinion doesn't matter.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TomBigBeeHog

Those same people attacked and ridiculed any poster who disagreed with their over the top negativity. Now, we got rules. Ok.  ???
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

HSVhogfan2

Opinions are MUCH different from agendas. And that goes for both sides.  For those posters it's more about MAs complexion than coaching ability. Always has been, always will be.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Just as you should have kept your mouth shut when long fired Bobby and you piss moaned about it for two years.  In your own words, how's that working for you?

You were dead wrong at that time.  Still dead wrong.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 22, 2015, 03:54:11 pm
Can I please get my concern/question addressed?  What does the coach and player bashing do?  Promote unity?  This team is off to one of the best starts in YEARS but you wouldn't know it by posts on here.  Even after wins.
Most people who have/had legitimate concerns about Mike and his style are watching quietly right now, enjoying the wins and thankful for the small changes that have led to them.  You are trying to "I told you so" a bunch of people who are just here to stir the pot anyway.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 22, 2015, 06:01:46 pm
Those same people attacked and ridiculed any poster who disagreed with their over the top negativity. Now, we got rules. Ok.  ???

I saw a lot of negativity when I posted that I still supported MA after the 2-2 start. I was asked was I mentally challenged by one poster! LOL! The thread reappeared and was locked after a couple posts when the hogs start winning.

secfan30

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 22, 2015, 04:54:46 pm
Joe you get by with more than anyone on here yet still gripe about others . if you don't like the way this one is run , you have the right to start your own board .  WE have the best board of any team i've seen. Go visit a Mizzou board and then check back. Wilson made the correct call to clean up the board and fighting , Lanny backed him up . Now we either get on board or get off the board , just that simple .

I will agree with this. For some reason he can attack anyone and get away with it... And this is coming from someone who thought Richardson should not have been fired and that the day Richardson was no longer coach it should have went to Anderson without thought.

secfan30

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 22, 2015, 06:11:58 pm
I saw a lot of negativity when I posted that I still supported MA after the 2-2 start. I was asked was I mentally challenged by one poster! LOL! The thread reappeared and was locked after a couple posts when the hogs start winning.
I saw what you speak of. Interesting that poster wasn't banned.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 22, 2015, 06:10:56 pm
Most people who have/had legitimate concerns about Mike and his style are watching quietly right now, enjoying the wins and thankful for the small changes that have led to them.  You are trying to "I told you so" a bunch of people who are just here to stir the pot anyway.
I haven't told anyone anything.  I don't care what they post.  I just believe if you (and yes, you're one of those who do) continually post negative nonsense, I should be able to pull it up.  If the mods have no problem with people posting divisive things (when we've only lost five games), why do they, and you, have a problem with me bringing it back up?

tophawg19

Quote from: OTR on February 22, 2015, 05:16:41 pm
Joe, Wilson does need me or anybody taking up for him but your opinion isn't the only opinion that matters here although 90% of what is written in jump ball has to do with you and your right to you expressing your displeasure with thos who disagree with you in a rude and crude way. 

Your love of Mike Anderson is noted.  Your hatred of Jeff Long and love of Bobby was noted for years. 

You have become paranoid about mike Anderson haters.  Most of us wanted him for the job and all of us are thrilled with the team's success this year.  I think what Wilson meant was that this WAS the year it needed to happen...and it has happened.  Had we missed the tournament again  with the team we are putting on the floor a lot of fans would have serious doubt about whether or not he could get the job done. 

I know that nobody is going to change the way you post or what you think so I'm not going to get back the past three minutes of my life I spent on this post.
who just hacked OTR's account ??? great post

Albert Einswine

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 22, 2015, 04:50:57 pm
Mike should not have been terminated even if he did not make the dance this year. so you got that wrong. as Jeff Long said on Bo.s show the other week, and i Quote. Mike Anderson took over a dumpster fire.he knew it was going to take him more time to fix it. that's one of the reasons he gave him the 2 year extension. yet you wanted him fired if he did not make the ncaa this year. tells me a lot. but does not shock me one bit.

You're so single minded in your need to scream at any opinion contrary to your own, to attack any post that contains "Anderson" and "fired, dismissed, terminated" that you can't even process what is being said.

Wilson said he was a Mike Anderson supporter from day one and still is. Saying by year 4 if we didn't make the NCAA tourney he should be terminated is not the same thing as saying "I want Mike fired".

If we had not had the turnaround that we're all enjoying now it would mean that year 4 would look very similar to years 1, 2, and 3 and that would mean continued failure to achieve acceptable results (ncaa berth) and inspire little confidence in the future of his program. It would be reasonable to end the relationship, not mandatory, but reasonable.

Thankfully we are much improved and a virtual lock for the tourney.

We all remember how merciless you have been toward some coaches in the past and toward the current AD.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 22, 2015, 06:17:04 pm
That is the scotch talking. 
The peaty aftertaste does something for OTR...

I'm settling in with two bottles of it right now and I'm set for a snowy night down here on the lake.  Things have been interesting thus far and I believe there is potential for more fireworks.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 22, 2015, 06:15:36 pm
I haven't told anyone anything.  I don't care what they post.  I just believe if you (and yes, you're one of those who do) continually post negative nonsense, I should be able to pull it up.  If the mods have no problem with people posting divisive things (when we've only lost five games), why do they, and you, have a problem with me bringing it back up?
I don't "continually post" anything.  I rarely post in Jump Ball.  And when I do, I admit it is often just to goad FCJ or some of the "You can't have an opinion other than Mike Rules or you are a hater" folks.  In fact, I've been banned for it twice.  So I mainly stay out of this forum.  I watch the games with my daughter, we call the Hogs as loud as we can, and we are thrilled with the wins (and the tweaks that led to them). 

I'll man up and admit an area I was wrong about.  Mike HAS stopped switching on every screen, and we are far better for it.  I never thought he would give it up. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

WilsonHog

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on February 22, 2015, 06:14:38 pm
Yes, Your "Master of all things Hogvlle".

I swear to God, Wilson has become the self-appointed Hitler of all things Hogville.

This was a MUCH better place without his "Iron Pinky Toe"

Take it up with the owner of the board. I've worked for him long enough on Hogville for both of us to know that if he has an issue with anything I post, he lets me know. In this case, he publicly supported it without me knowing anything about it until after the fact.