Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Madden

Started by rzrbackramsfan, February 21, 2015, 05:32:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 21, 2015, 06:31:04 pm
Madden was in the right and shouldn't have to filter his thoughts to a freshman. In the heat of the game he can't ask Beard to see him during the next timeout for a performance review.

this made me LOL, congrats
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on February 21, 2015, 06:31:31 pm
Yeah like last week against OM that assist he made to Watkins, that was a mistake wasn't? What an idiotic post.

You want me to follow up with all the end of game mistakes Madden has made? 

lefty08

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 21, 2015, 06:33:37 pm

just quit while youre ahead, we dont care much what happened 2 months ago with madden
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

rzrbackramsfan

I just would prefer to have our players chewed out while they're playing bad, not while they're carrying the team, you know?  Especially by the guy who was trying to throw it away at the end. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: lefty08 on February 21, 2015, 06:35:12 pm
just quit while youre ahead, we dont care much what happened 2 months ago with madden

Alabama was two months ago? 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: lefty08 on February 21, 2015, 06:35:12 pm
Amen...

No one has agreed with him and he's trying to find a way to save face.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 21, 2015, 06:35:18 pm
I just would prefer to have our players chewed out while they're playing bad, not while they're carrying the team, you know?  Especially by the guy who was trying to throw it away at the end.
Beard wasn't carrying the team. And I'm pretty sure Madden wasn't trying to throw it away at the end.

It was a bad OP and you're making it worse. Just let it go. You're typically a good poster on here. If this makes 3 pages, it won't be because you have successfully saved face.

tophawg19

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 21, 2015, 06:36:01 pm
dude , you don't like Madden . get over it . we are going to miss him badly next year . we won because of him today .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hawgwild child

Ok the same can be said for the FT's at TN for beard.  Who cares we won, madden and beard both played well.  Did u ever play sports, ppl say stuff all the time in the heat of a game, I'm sure beard isn't a weenie and can hamdle it

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 21, 2015, 06:48:09 pm
dude , you don't like Madden . get over it . we are going to miss him badly next year . we won because of him today .

Haha fair enough fair enough. 

rzrbackramsfan

Even though I don't agree that we won because of him today.  He was our dominant point guard today and had a 2-4 assist-TO ratio. 

I wish he would settle in to his two guard role like he has been in the past few games before today. 

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 21, 2015, 06:33:37 pm

Why not it's fun watching people dig their own graves.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: hawgwash on February 21, 2015, 05:34:58 pm
55% ft shooter should pass to the 90% ft shooter in that situation
this here. ^^^ {whistles}
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

popcornhog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 21, 2015, 05:39:11 pm
Madden made critical mistakes down the stretch while beard made critical plays.

I guess you ignore the critical points and free throws from Madden.
WPS

rzrbackramsfan

Madden played a great game.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mhuff

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 21, 2015, 05:32:38 pm
What was he doing at the end chewing out beard?

First off, madden was controlling the ball on offense towards the end and insisting on playing point.  I thought everybody agreed beard should be that guy, at least the one to take the ball out. 

Big possession at the end, madden holds on to it forever, like he always does, loses it, and guess who somehow comes up with it.  Beards missed it but it was impressive he even got the shot up.

Madden lost the ball out of bounds.  Silly, but it happens. Then madden starts lighting into beard like beard has been playing like crap and doesn't know what he's doing.  Who comes up with the clutch steal? You know.  Following the steal you could see madden demanding the ball from beard... Beard thank you for not giving it to him. 

Anyways beard follows that by hitting two ft's and playing some excellent on ball defense really displaying his speed.

I just really did not like seeing the guy trying to give away the game yelling at and disrupting the confidence of the guy who was giving it his all, playing smart, and doing a lot of good things to close the game.  Anybody else see that?

I question the pass to begin with. You gonna pass the ball to the corner where you can be double teamed. I bout puked when he did that. You're playing right into the defense's hands.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

k.c.hawg

Alabama? You mean when Madden got to the rim, drew the defense, got the ball up around the rim for a Portis stick back from the weak side where the defense was drawn from. Just stop.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

ricepig

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 21, 2015, 06:51:45 pm
Even though I don't agree that we won because of him today.  He was our dominant point guard today and had a 2-4 assist-TO ratio. 

I wish he would settle in to his two guard role like he has been in the past few games before today. 

We were down 48 - 43 and Madden scored 7 of next 9 to bring us within one.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 21, 2015, 07:18:19 pm
We were down 48 - 43 and Madden scored 7 of next 9 to bring us within one.
Shhhhhh..we're only allowed to focus on the negative when it comes to Madden.

clutch

You can always tell the people who were on the wrong end of that water cooler incident. That was a long time ago buddy, let it go.

Poker_hog

Take the good with the bad on madden.  He's good for a clutch 3 or two and is money from the free throw line.  He's always gonna have a bone headed turnover or two as well.  He's a good player and a team leader.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hellwonthaveme

Bingo.....

PRJ

sadhogfan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 21, 2015, 05:32:38 pm
What was he doing at the end chewing out beard?

First off, madden was controlling the ball on offense towards the end and insisting on playing point.  I thought everybody agreed beard should be that guy, at least the one to take the ball out. 

Big possession at the end, madden holds on to it forever, like he always does, loses it, and guess who somehow comes up with it.  Beards missed it but it was impressive he even got the shot up.

Madden lost the ball out of bounds.  Silly, but it happens. Then madden starts lighting into beard like beard has been playing like crap and doesn't know what he's doing.  Who comes up with the clutch steal? You know.  Following the steal you could see madden demanding the ball from beard... Beard thank you for not giving it to him. 

Anyways beard follows that by hitting two ft's and playing some excellent on ball defense really displaying his speed.

I just really did not like seeing the guy trying to give away the game yelling at and disrupting the confidence of the guy who was giving it his all, playing smart, and doing a lot of good things to close the game.  Anybody else see that?

So...no one else on the entire thread has a problem with what happened other than you.

Does that tell you anything?

RyanLR

Without Ky Madden you lose the game today, and probably a bunch more.

Ugly Uncle

Madden will be missed...a LOT...next year.
Retired Radio Host

hview

Madden played a great game.

Pigliophile

to OP: you don't know the dynamics of the team. Madden and Beard both had good nights tonight. If Madden was laying into Beard, then maybe it was helping. He is a senior talking to a freshmen on the court in a heated game, and the freshman came up big. Maybe that had to do with what Madden had to say?

This team is playing for keeps. We keep getting into close games that we have always lost in the past, and we are winning those games.

We beat both Mississippi schools on the road this season.  I don't even remember the last time we won in Mississippi much less beat both schools on the road.

This season has been great, and this team is playing like one.

murthage

Madden Question...

Was Ky a nickname, or what.  Why the name change.... just curious.

RyanLR

Quote from: murthage on February 22, 2015, 12:34:27 pm
Madden Question...

Was Ky a nickname, or what.  Why the name change.... just curious.

His name is Rashad, and really hasnj't gone by Ky since high school, but Coach Anderson still calls him that so everybody else does.

hview

Maddens tendency to turn the ball over at times drives me crazy, but he is such a competitor. In the closing minutes of the game he made the plays and made his free tthrows to help win the game.  When he stepped up and made three in a row, that was Hugh. Yes, he'll be missed next year.

murthage

Quote from: RyanLR on February 22, 2015, 01:36:59 pm
His name is Rashad, and really hasnj't gone by Ky since high school, but Coach Anderson still calls him that so everybody else does.
Thanks for the info.  I vaguely remember his mother asking everyone to drop Ky, but never knew why.  He is a role player.  Mike likes this team, and has stated that they fit his scheme more than any other team he's had at Arkansas.  Hopefully we can sign Monk in the future.  Since, Portis is probably leaving soon.  I am totally a Beard fan.  He has improved every game. 

This entire team has played better AFTER Beard was inserted into the starting lineup.  You should always try and get your best FT shooters the ball late in a tight game.  That BB 101.  If Madden was explaining that to Beard then no problem.  Trouble is that Madden over the years he's been here, is often a mistake looking or a place to happen.  Admit its far better this season and especially lately.  We have not had a player lead by example on this team in 15 years.  Beard does that now, all heart, all energy, all total effort all his playing minutes.  While Beard makes mistakes just like every one else on the team, he never takes off a play going either way.  Most of Beard's errors are coming from all out effort on every move while most everyone elses mistakes are just mental lapses on things they know well not to do and slacking on effort from time to time.

mhuff

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 21, 2015, 05:36:51 pm
Beard has improved at the line over the last few games.  He was 5 for 5 today.

Up to 61% now.