Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch free throw shooting won the game

Started by swinesation, February 21, 2015, 05:20:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swinesation

Atlhogfan1

FT shooting along with State's propensity to turn the ball over and going zone(nice coaching move) were the differences. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

WarPig88

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 21, 2015, 05:26:05 pm
FT shooting along with State's propensity to turn the ball over and going zone(nice coaching move) were the differences.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say it was our ability to force turnovers from State?

I mean we do actually try to do that. It's not like St simply had an off night handling the ball.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WarPig88 on February 21, 2015, 05:27:35 pm
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say it was our ability to force turnovers from State?

I mean we do actually try to do that. It's not like St simply had an off night handling the ball.

Some of it was.  But they are one of the worst in college basketball at turning it over.  Lots of fumbling it too.  As you say, this is pretty much State.  Combined with our defense and this is what you get and what was expected.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Is that how we got 11 blks?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 21, 2015, 05:29:13 pm
Is that how we got 11 blks?

And the 11 blocks.  Good add.  Kingsley deserves some recognition for having a big impact today. 

Adam Stokes

For sure.  Made 14 of our last 15 FT's.  Shot 78% for the game.  Most gratifying part?  56%-shooting Anton Beard was 6-6.

LJHOG

I thought the play of Kingsley was the key today.  He was a presence all day.

swinesation

Quote from: Adam Stokes on February 21, 2015, 05:30:24 pm
For sure.  Made 14 of our last 15 FT's.  Shot 78% for the game.  Most gratifying part?  56%-shooting Anton Beard was 6-6.

I've always thought Beard's shooting percentage was an anomaly. He's too good a pure shooter to shoot 56%.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: swinesation on February 21, 2015, 05:40:00 pm
I've always thought Beard's shooting percentage was an anomaly. He's too good a pure shooter to shoot 56%.

Yep.  11-14 from the line in the last 5 games.

passinghog

Our starters were 21/24 from the line. You'll take that every game

mhuff

That was a great coaching move by MA. The defense cornfused MS.

ricepig

Quote from: swinesation on February 21, 2015, 05:40:00 pm

Saw this on twitter from Hannahs

Another great game by @antonbeard31. Such great IQ because of his abnormally large head

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on February 21, 2015, 07:15:32 pm
Saw this on twitter from Hannahs

Another great game by @antonbeard31. Such great IQ because of his abnormally large head
Sounds like good team chemistry there! Like it

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Showtimehog on February 21, 2015, 06:38:48 pm
Our starters were 21/24 from the line. You'll take that every game
Feels good going down the stretch that we're earning fouls and reaping the benefits.
Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: swinesation on February 21, 2015, 05:20:00 pm
impressive!
I agree at clutch win time it was the FT's that won the game. :razorback: :razorback: