Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today is the day

Started by NorthDallas40, February 21, 2015, 10:11:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthDallas40

IMHO we know if this team is for real. For real being Sweet Sixteen real. We should drill MSU. The Bulldog fans were booing at the end of the ole miss game. They've got nothing to play for.
We are seemingly over our road woes and have everything to play for. It fees like we are past the point of having let downs.
Win today even in a close one and I think we make a deep run in the tourney.

AloRaptor

Okey dokey but I don't see how playing a 12-14 team that is get booed by their own fans is a test that we are for real. if it was Kentucky and we beat them or played close that might be a better test. WPS!  ;D

jgphillips3

I think what the OP is saying is that everybody gets excited to play Kentucky.  A good team also needs to pump themselves up to beat a bad team on the road.

greghog

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on February 21, 2015, 10:11:37 am
IMHO we know if this team is for real. For real being Sweet Sixteen real. We should drill MSU. The Bulldog fans were booing at the end of the ole miss game. They've got nothing to play for.
We are seemingly over our road woes and have everything to play for. It fees like we are past the point of having let downs.
Win today even in a close one and I think we make a deep run in the tourney.

I agree to some extent.  This is the kind of game a good team wins.  The kind of game we have lost for the most part over the last 15 or so years.

Corkscrew Johnson

This is a big game for seeding purposes.  An 8-9 seed is going to lose these games.  A 4-5 seed is going to win them.  It's not going to make or break our season, but these are the types of games that a great team wins: scrappy opponent, hostile fans, unfamiliar environment, horrible officiating.   

We have done pretty good against these "middle tier" teams on the road this season:  wins against georgia, missouri, and ole miss (which is actually upper tier), losses against tennessee and florida.  If we are able to notch two more wins with MSU and USC, that's a solid road resume for a 4-5 seed.

WorfHog

Quote from: AloRaptor on February 21, 2015, 10:35:25 am
Okey dokey but I don't see how playing a 12-14 team that is get booed by their own fans is a test that we are for real. if it was Kentucky and we beat them or played close that might be a better test. WPS!  ;D

That's next weekends test.

hvsupastar

Win the next 3 and we can win the National championship.... That's not jumping to conclusions is it?
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

WarPig88

It's a road game. Just win it.

Drilling someone on the road isn't likely. Just look at Kentucky and where their closest calls have occurred.

Just win. Leave the style points for people like the OP to worry about.

Potosihog

I totally agree with the OP.  Last year after beating Kentucky everybody said we were "in".  The team lost focus and suddenly we didn't even make the NIT.

This game is a test of maturity.  If we lose it doesn't guarantee we fall apart.  If we win it doesn't guarantee we win the rest.

But taking care of business and winning this game no matter the final score, will tell me a lot about this team's maturity.

fanofthehog

Quote from: Potosihog on February 21, 2015, 11:26:37 am
I totally agree with the OP.  Last year after beating Kentucky everybody said we were "in".  The team lost focus and suddenly we didn't even make the NIT.

This game is a test of maturity.  If we lose it doesn't guarantee we fall apart.  If we win it doesn't guarantee we win the rest.

But taking care of business and winning this game no matter the final score, will tell me a lot about this team's maturity.
We did make the NIT last year, ask Indiana State.

Danny J

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 21, 2015, 10:38:31 am
I think what the OP is saying is that everybody gets excited to play Kentucky.  A good team also needs to pump themselves up to beat a bad team on the road.
I agree on both accounts.

WarPig88

Did we drill them? If not, does this win count? ;D

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: fanofthehog on February 21, 2015, 11:31:29 am
We did make the NIT last year, ask Indiana State.

Sssshhhhhh. Don't inteject any facts into Jumpball!
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

collins4heisman

Quote from: Potosihog on February 21, 2015, 11:26:37 am

::::facepalm::::