Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas A&M game for second place?

Started by razorhog52, February 20, 2015, 09:30:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhog52

Not looking past Mississippi State, but after passing the "Ole Miss for second place" game, and Kentucky looming large, it appears A&M will be the game for second place. They have a much easier schedule down the stretch.

micali

How good are they really?  I can assume they don't have the wins we do, rpi or top 50-100.  Have they been challenged?  We have them at home so I'm less concerned then if we went on the road. 

bigred223

It's a game we need to win, that's for sure.

bigred223

They don't have much in the way of quality wins. They can give us a good game.

Hawg Red

Quote from: micali on February 20, 2015, 09:34:54 am
How good are they really?  I can assume they don't have the wins we do, rpi or top 50-100.  Have they been challenged?  We have them at home so I'm less concerned then if we went on the road.

Dangerous team but no top 50 RPI wins.

opineonswine

al2305

Quote from: razorhog52 on February 20, 2015, 09:30:00 am
Not looking past Mississippi State, but after passing the "Ole Miss for second place" game, and Kentucky looming large, it appears A&M will be the game for second place. They have a much easier schedule down the stretch.

Actually u are looking past Miss St and so is most everyone else on this board.  Thankfully its not important if we look ahead as long as the players dont.  assuming we beat Miss St and USC we still have two tough games against aTm and LSU.  Win those games and we ll have a great seed for the tourney.  Beating Kentucky on the road would just be insane but its definitely possible.  Then we'd be lookin at at least a 3 seed right?

FreshHog

Quote from: al2305 on February 20, 2015, 09:52:51 am
Actually u are looking past Miss St and so is most everyone else on this board.  Thankfully its not important if we look ahead as long as the players dont.  assuming we beat Miss St and USC we still have two tough games against aTm and LSU.  Win those games and we ll have a great seed for the tourney.  Beating Kentucky on the road would just be insane but its definitely possible.  Then we'd be lookin at at least a 3 seed right?

Yea, if we win out we're looking at a 3 seed IMO.

Mark it down, Kentucky loses 3 games this year, and all 3 will be to the razorbacks :P

HawgnCorona

The approach is the same at this time last year. KEEP WINNING! We should beat the snot out of aTm, as well as Ms St.

Lets just see how far we can go... :razorback:
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

clew

Think we will wind up a four seed when all is said and done. Highest seeding since when? 1996?
Pure as the dawn

MikePiazza

Quote from: clew on February 20, 2015, 11:42:41 am
Think we will wind up a four seed when all is said and done. Highest seeding since when? 1996?

1999. Were a 4 seed, beat 13 seed Siena and then lost to Iowa, a 5 seed.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: micali on February 20, 2015, 09:34:54 am

This game is like so many others for the Hogs: play well and you'll win.  Play poorly and you'll lose.

I have been encouraged by their play recently, in that even when they are not completely running on all eight they still are winning.  That's a very good sign.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Rump Roast

opineonswine

Quote from: Rump Roast on February 20, 2015, 04:04:34 pm
Why?

1.  We are battling for second place.
2.  It's at home.
3.  We are playing for NCAAT seeding.
4.  They are Aggies.

Need more?

Dugann

This is a key game, however IMO 2nd place will be won or lost at S. Carolina and Miss. State.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: clew on February 20, 2015, 11:42:41 am

I think if we finish strong, we probably should be a four seed, but I think the annual questioning of the SEC strength will probably keep them at a 5.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

opineonswine

Quote from: Dugann on February 20, 2015, 05:05:33 pm
This is a key game, however IMO 2nd place will be won or lost at S. Carolina and Miss. State.

Unless we beat them they could finish 5-0. 

reddogjcss

A&M is going to try and slow tempo. Beat us last year by doing it. Our guys have got to push the game into a faster pace.
They play different enough game that it is possible to give us trouble but I feel our boys have matured and improved enough that they will make A&M play our game.
I look for our defense to pressure to poop out of them.

Dirty

Just like the sand through the hour glass.....

HOGINTENNESSEE

Aggies and LSU are going to be super motivated for our Game. As a they may need a win against us to get in the tourney

Hogfaniam

Quote from: opineonswine on February 20, 2015, 09:41:42 am
A game we REALLY need to win.
Quote from: Rump Roast on February 20, 2015, 04:04:34 pm
Why?

Because it is now an ESPN game instead of just the SEC Network among other reasons
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

WashUhog6

Quote from: opineonswine on February 20, 2015, 05:04:13 pm
1.  We are battling for second place.
2.  It's at home.
3.  We are playing for NCAAT seeding.
4.  They are Aggies.

Need more?
Number 4 is enough for me.

TNhawgfan

A and M just won again. Regardless of what we do today, they will be in second if they beat us Tuesday
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hoggish1

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 20, 2015, 04:01:08 pm
This game is like so many others for the Hogs: play well and you'll win.  Play poorly and you'll lose.

I have been encouraged by their play recently, in that even when they are not completely running on all eight they still are winning.  That's a very good sign.

They have been winning because they have been playing the type of D that will do the job, even when they are not shooting well.

To keep winning, starting today, we have to have that 7th consecutive strong D game!

PORKULATOR

I'll start worrying about aTm after say... 6 pm eastern. Right after the game @ Misstake.
We're really good at home, if we just play our game, we'll beat 'em.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 20, 2015, 09:51:49 pm
Aggies and LSU are going to be super motivated for our Game. As a they may need a win against us to get in the tourney

Absolutely.. both of them know we are their shot at the tourney... LSU especially...

billmontgomery10

If you want to know anything about the Aggies just listen to the SEC network, those commentators are in love with them. Kentucky, the Aggies, LSU and even Florida get all the love. The Hogs are always slighted, you'd think we were doing it with mirrors. They also don't seem that impressed with Ole Miss who I personally think is the 3rd best team in the SEC.

40MINSOFHELL

TNhawgfan

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on February 21, 2015, 06:30:25 pm
Why isn't the a&m game sold out?
Good question. It should be, weekday or not
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

arsuperhog

Quote from: FreshHog on February 20, 2015, 10:12:29 am

Mark it down, Kentucky loses 3 games this year, and all 3 will be to the razorbacks :P
But we won't play them but twice (potentially) and that's only if we meet in the SECT

Beaverfever

A win against atm would make a thirty win season officially realistically possible. 

lefty08

Quote from: arsuperhog on February 21, 2015, 11:40:45 pm
But we won't play them but twice (potentially) and that's only if we meet in the SECT

I think he's assuming we meet in the big dance as well......
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

I hope our recent great showing is not mostly due to the caliber of teams we have been facing and we really do have a team capable of playing well, like well enough to beat a top 10 team on a neutral site.

gmarv

Quote from: arsuperhog on February 21, 2015, 11:40:45 pm
when we beat them for the national championship be 3

hawg1221

Quote from: FreshHog on February 20, 2015, 10:12:29 am

Whatcha drinking? Can I have some?