Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Same Old Crap on the Road Last Night...

Started by Smithian, February 15, 2015, 06:53:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithian

mhuff

Nature of the beast..... if there was a way to do away with officials and call it by computer, I would be for it.

WADHOG

I think he's talking about road victories...

ArmyOfnobunaga

I think it was sarcasm that was lost because it lacked tone and facial expression. Sarcasm on the internet is a tricky mistress at best.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: Smithian on February 15, 2015, 06:53:32 pm
...For the 5th time this season

:-\

We seem to be winning at dang near every gym we enter nowadays. It's not a bad deal.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 15, 2015, 07:37:10 pm
Please tell me you aren't blaming the 5 losses on the officials.

We didn't lose last night.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

PonderinHog

ArmyOfnobunaga

I will be embarrassed if the thread Author has to explain this.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Science Fiction Greg

Some of you guys are thicker than a bowl of oatmeal.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 15, 2015, 07:44:30 pm
I'm embarrassed when a fanbase blames every negative outcome on the referees.

We have won 5 away games braniac. Now could you do my taxes for me?

grayhawg

If we had lost I would have never asked this question, but since we won. Do you really think we played over 26 minutes of basketball last night before we were fouled in the act of shooting?

FreshHog

Quote from: grayhawg on February 15, 2015, 07:55:16 pm
If we had lost I would have never asked this question, but since we won. Do you really think we played over 26 minutes of basketball last night before we were fouled in the act of shooting?

You're asking the one of the notorious hog bashing trolls on these boards... of course he really thinks that.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Im simply stunned at this thread.

OP gets ninja thread of the year award.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 15, 2015, 08:26:22 pm

Smithian is an infamous trouble maker and rabble rouser.

mhuff

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 15, 2015, 08:31:28 pm
Smithian is an infamous trouble maker and rabble rouser.

Well, I've given Smithian a +1. We're going to play that long before they call a foul. Refs can't naturally call a game that bad........... I've seen better eyes on a potato ....... The refs need to go back to Foot Locker.  ;)

Swinesong1

I really didn't think the intent of this thread was hard to understand.  But, judging by the responses, I'm a hell of a lot brighter than a lot of y'all. 

jgphillips3

When you win on the road, you are a good team.  When you win on the road in the SEC with the terrible officiating we see, you are a dang good team.  The refs have absolutely cost us two games this year.  They can't be blamed for everything, but we would be 22-3 if we had had quality officiating.

ricepig

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 15, 2015, 08:57:09 pm
I really didn't think the intent of this thread was hard to understand.  But, judging by the responses, I'm a hell of a lot brighter than a lot of y'all. 

Yeah, not many scientific rocket guys in here.

Porked Tongue

Westcoasthog

Arkansas lost at Florida because of the official called a foul.

Porkys Revenge

swinesation

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 15, 2015, 09:30:53 pm
When you win on the road, you are a good team.  When you win on the road in the SEC with the terrible officiating we see, you are a dang good team.  The refs have absolutely cost us two games this year.  They can't be blamed for everything, but we would be 22-3 if we had had quality officiating.
The Florida game for sure we got screwed. What was the other one? Refs certainly did their damnedest to cost us last night's game.

hogfan x

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

Dominicanhog

Dude,

I agree with you but stfu...you've made your point like 50 times now, your a one trick pony with your post and it's as bad as they are...

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Smithian on February 15, 2015, 06:53:32 pm
...For the 5th time this season

:-\

+1

And to think, some of these folks actually think they have this message board thing figured out.

bp

hawg IQ

Quote from: grayhawg on February 15, 2015, 07:55:16 pm
This ^             Also see last 5 seconds of Florida game !   Listen we all complain about officials, sometimes unfairly, but sometimes we should because they are horrible.

Someone I know, who was over a group of officials said one time how you can tell, when they do a good job is when you don't notice them so much. They appear to just be part of the game.
  Those refs in old miss were as bad as it gets. I have question for those who defend them ,  WHY ?  Don't they get paid ? do they care what we think ? Is SEC gonna do anything to improve their performance ?

When we post, its only our opinions and the only person agreeing with that is the poster.
go hogs go !

TomBigBeeHog

So...... another swing and a miss. When will they figure it out? I'll come back later just to see how long some will wander in the wilderness.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Smithian

Quote from: Breems on February 16, 2015, 10:55:55 am
Hey, Smithian.
Hey, Breems

What do you think about this newfound crap on the road where instead of losing we almost lose?

It's like Anderson thinks scoring only one or two more points than our opponents is a winning strategy.

BadHog

I love snow days! People start drinking really early!  ;)
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

forrest city joe

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 15, 2015, 08:26:22 pm

+1000. BINGO!

Breems

Quote from: Smithian on February 16, 2015, 11:28:42 am
Hey, Breems

What do you think about this newfound crap on the road where instead of losing we almost lose?

It's like Anderson thinks scoring only one or two more points than our opponents is a winning strategy.

I'm not used to it.

I DON'T LIKE CHANGE. BACK 2 LOSING PLZ
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

GatorHog

What's a ninja thread?  Does it sneak from behind you and smack you in the face?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 16, 2015, 11:42:04 am
+1000. BINGO!
FCJoseph, I think close wins are good thing. Learning to win close games is important bcuz games will be close in the Tournament. I like what I'm seeing it's not just press, press, press every defensive possession. There is mixed up defenses and I prefer this. I saw a good full shot clock passing possession in the game. Winning close games is just who this team is but that's okay. It's not suppose to be easy is it FCJoseph?

forrest city joe

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on February 16, 2015, 11:52:40 am
FCJoseph, I think close wins are good thing. Learning to win close games is important bcuz games will be close in the Tournament. I like what I'm seeing it's not just press, press, press every defensive possession. There is mixed up defenses and I prefer this. I saw a good full shot clock passing possession in the game. Winning close games is just who this team is but that's okay. It's not suppose to be easy is it FCJoseph?
Mike Anderson is the man for the job. he is proving all you haters wrong. that's all i got to say.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 16, 2015, 11:58:03 am
Mike Anderson is the man for the job. he is proving all you haters wrong. that's all i got to say.

FCJoseph, I'm not hating. Go back and read my post. I am giving him credit.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Smithian on February 16, 2015, 11:28:42 am
Hey, Breems

we should fire him now he obviously cant hack it at this level

southarkhog06

Quote from: GatorHog on February 16, 2015, 11:51:29 am
What's a ninja thread?  Does it sneak from behind you and smack you in the face?
apparently its a thread started sarcastically mocking people who bash CMA, but somehow makes alot of ppl thinks its about refs.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: southarkhog06 on February 16, 2015, 01:03:42 pm
apparently its a thread started sarcastically mocking people who bash CMA, but somehow makes alot of ppl thinks its about refs.

FCJoseph is still crying about that game in the swamp

southarkhog06

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on February 16, 2015, 01:04:38 pm
FCJoseph is still crying about that game in the swamp
I mean, granted thats true, but he didnt start this thread, nor was he the first to make ref comments in this thread.

Swinesong1

Am I the only one who took this as being sarcastic?  Is it just me?

southarkhog06

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 16, 2015, 01:16:15 pm
I think most people got it. not really sure how it managed to fly over the heads of the rest.

PonderinHog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on February 16, 2015, 01:20:33 pm
I think most people got it. not really sure how it managed to fly over the heads of the rest.
There's a mental midget joke in here somewhere.   >:(

jgphillips3

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 16, 2015, 01:16:15 pm

It was absolutely sarcasm.  Some missed it.  After the first few posts though, the OP isn't so much the driver of the post as what gets said after.  :)

jgphillips3

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 16, 2015, 12:31:58 am
The Florida game for sure we got screwed. What was the other one? Refs certainly did their damnedest to cost us last night's game.

I still think we got screwed against Tennessee.  There were some awful calls on us and calls we did not get that could easily have swung that game in our favor. Throw in the "if we hadn't beaten ourselves at Clemson" loss and we could easily be a two loss team. However, we have won some tight games so it all evens out I guess.

southarkhog06

Smithian