Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still Supporting MA

Started by Letsroll1200, January 17, 2015, 11:10:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

Despite the two game SEC losing streck I still support MA as coach of the Razorbacks. We got beat up pretty bad tonight but MA will right the ship. It's time for our players to take some ownership because the coach can do so much.

Our program is in a good position and it's because we have a quality coach on the Hill!

arkansasrazorback

I do not support MA because we have a poor coach on the hill!  Zero adjustments.  ZERO

Kevin

we, as fans, have no other choice. he is here till he decides.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

revolution

He's lost me. Gonna take a good run to right the ship now. And I haven't seen enough consistency in 4 years to think he can do it.

phadedhawg

I support him.  I want what's best for him.  I think he would be happier in a different division.  There is a lot of pressure on him coaching in the SEC.  I hate it for him.

bkjbearcat

Gregg Marshall...calling Gregg Marshall...University of Arkansas on line one.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hobhog

Quote from: revolution on January 17, 2015, 11:12:05 pm
He's lost me. Gonna take a good run to right the ship now. And I haven't seen enough consistency in 4 years to think he can do it.

Word

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 17, 2015, 11:12:35 pm
I support him.  I want what's best for him.  I think he would be happier in a different division.  There is a lot of pressure on him coaching in the SEC.  I hate it for him.
yea i hate it for him.  Who would have thought pressure as a coach.  I feel so bad that he only make 2 million a year. 

3kgthog

I'm done with Mike as of tonight, but I'll still go watch the players. They didn't have to sign on for this train wreck, but I appreciate them taking a chance on a dead program.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: revolution on January 17, 2015, 11:12:05 pm

You know his fourth year is not complete! People keep saying 4 seasons but allow this season to play out. Next year if MA doesn't show improvement it may be time but right now he is our best option.

phadedhawg

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 17, 2015, 11:15:25 pm
I'm done with Mike as of tonight, but I'll still go watch the players. They didn't have to sign on for this train wreck, but I appreciate them taking a chance on a dead program.

For sure

fanofthehog

I'm done with him.  He seems to have no fire or passion, and our players consistently neglect the fundamentals of the game.  Any poster that always blames the players and puts no responsibility on the coach amuses me.

Kevin

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2015, 11:15:33 pm
You know his fourth year is not complete! People keep saying 4 seasons but allow this season to play out. Next year if MA doesn't show improvement it may be time but right now he is our best option.

so basketball coaches need 5 years to get a program turned around?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

bpoecell

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:11:25 pm
we, as fans, have no other choice. he is here till he decides.

I don't think so. This isn't the good ole boy days.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 17, 2015, 11:13:13 pm
Marshall isn't going anywhere until his kids finish school.

Razorbacks_77

He's lost me this week. Two bad losses. Same problems since day 1. Just at a loss on what needs to be done.

PigTimePlayer

I don't really understand what that means. I support the team, I want them to win, I root for them to succeed. I don't root for our coach to fail, because I want the HOGS - our players - to win games.

confidence that this is going well and headed in the right direction? confidence that this is on a path that is going to help us return to the championship status that everybody says we can attain again? that is an entirely different concern . . . but doesn't mean I don't "support"
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Letsroll1200

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 17, 2015, 11:13:13 pm

It took Marshall five years to make the tournament and Wichita State  was in a much better place than Arkansas. They had recent NCAA success before he took the job. In year 4he lead them back to the NIT. He would have been fired by some of you guys before he was able to establish his program.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2015, 11:10:23 pm
Despite the two game SEC losing streck I still support MA as coach of the Razorbacks. We got beat up pretty bad tonight but MA will right the ship. It's time for our players to take some ownership because the coach can do so much.

Our program is in a good position and it's because we have a quality coach on the Hill!
I still 100% support Mike Anderson. and i am not even close to giving up on this season. i still say when all is said and done, the Hogs will be in the dance. if i am wrong, im wrong. but i think i am right.GO HOGS and GO MIKE ANDERSON.

Breems

I'm done with Mike as of tonight, but I'll still go watch the players.

Rofl
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hogsmo Kramer

I'm still on the fence. 

Waiting to see about the tourney and how we finish. May sound stupid but the tourney's kinda my line in the sand for year four.

No tourney and I'll admittedly begin to seriously waver.

We'll see but ain't looking good.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

bpoecell

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:16:30 pm

Our fans wanted to run Bilema off a year and a half in, but they'll make excuses for Mike in year four. I just don't understand it.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: WichitaStateRazorback on January 17, 2015, 11:17:13 pm
Marshall isn't going anywhere until his kids finish school.

Rumor has it he listened to Missouri last year. If not him then someone else. I don't care at this point.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

forrest city joe

O please. GO AWAY WITH THAT CRAP!

Kevin

Quote from: bpoecell on January 17, 2015, 11:20:19 pm
Our fans wanted to run Bilema off a year and a half in, but they'll make excuses for Mike in year four. I just don't understand it.

nostalgia

Hedgehog79

Never did support the hire. And so far, I'm right. Hope I am proven wrong.

Knot2brite

I am going to watch if I have the time. I am not going to dvr the games or cut out specific time for the games like I have been. Baseball season starts ....game over. I am sure no one will miss me and there will be a whole slough of FOMA that will tell me "bye". But folks that pay the bills are about to start feeling the same way. If that happens....
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

code red

When Portis leaves Mike will have an excuse....right now...he has none.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2015, 11:19:09 pm
It took Marshall five years to make the tournament and Wichita State  was in a much better place than Arkansas. They had recent NCAA success before he took the job. In year 4he lead them back to the NIT. He would have been fired by some of you guys before he was able to establish his program.

A team with the resources that Arkansas has should not be a middle of the pack team, in  middle of the pack basketball conference.

MA isn't getting jot done. Is Marshall the better coach now yes. GET HIM.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 11:19:14 pm
I still 100% support Mike Anderson. and i am not even close to giving up on this season. i still say when all is said and done, the Hogs will be in the dance. if i am wrong, im wrong. but i think i am right.GO HOGS and GO MIKE ANDERSON.

We are going to the big dance!!!!!! What's the problem with this team?

bpoecell

Letsroll1200

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 17, 2015, 11:24:42 pm
A team with the resources that Arkansas has should not be a middle of the pack team, in  middle of the pack basketball conference.

MA isn't getting jot done. Is Marshall the better coach now yes. GET HIM.

Resources!!!Lol.  The only SEC school that doesn't have a practice facility for basketball. What resources

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2015, 11:26:48 pm
Resources!!!Lol.  The only SEC school that doesn't have a practice facility for basketball. What resources

My guess is that Marshall or Shaka Smart wouldn't give a damn about a practice facility. They would hate being a middle of the pack team, in a middle of the pack conference.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 17, 2015, 11:30:03 pm
My guess is that Marshall or Shaka Smart wouldn't give a damn about a practice facility. They would hate being a middle of the pack team, in a middle of the pack conference.

They have them already!!!!

orvillesghost

I am on wait and see mode..if they make the NCAA, I would have to call that progress but I doubt if Anderson ever does much more at Arkansas than perhaps win one NCAA tournament game.

A lot of folks I know don't even follow the games anymore and haven't for years..I haven't reached that stage yet but getting closer...

snortman

I guess you have to have some kind of excuse because all the others ones have been used to death. Just admit MA is a mediocre coach getting paid BIG BUCKS.

Knot2brite

If having a practice facility means that teams automatically play better basketball and Arkansas is the only school that doesn't have one....explain to me why Miss state sucks so bad. Facilities are important but I have yet to see a practice facility stop a dribbler from attacking the goal
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

BassinHawg

Practice Facility, Practice Facility, Practice Facility, well crap I didn't realize that the team didn't have a place to practice right now, so that's the problem.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Kevin

how many of those teams arena's are basically basketball only?

pigelow

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:42:10 pm
how many of those teams arena's are basically basketball only?
next year when we win 14-16 games with a practice facility what will their excuse be

Kevin

Quote from: pigelow on January 18, 2015, 12:05:12 am
next year when we win 14-16 games with a practice facility what will their excuse be
portis & qualls left early

Sedatedhog

If mike doesn't right this ship this year we are going to be in trouble for many years to come.

HognitiveDissonance

I'm just not that happy overall.
I'm looking at the totality of the four years and am not encouraged. Even if we make the NCAAs, I just think we are struggling WAY too much in year 4 of a coach. I expect much more of Razorback basketball than that. In my opinion, this should be the flagship athletic program at the UA.
So it might take a Sweet 16 appearance or something really nice like that this year to turn my thinking around. We shall see.

Thepigdoctor

Two game losing streak, following 7 wins that included some very nice wins. We lose games in two's apparently. The season isn't over, but we've been exposed. I'm giving the coaches and players to solve the problems. Need to take it one problem at a time, get the ship righted, and build confidence. Wins will come again, sun will rise tomorrow, and life will go on.

No one forces any of you to watch games, support the team or coaches, so give up if you like. You'll probably enjoy life a little more if you don't watch and just read about it on espn the next day. Losses won't bother you as bad, but don't think the wins are going to be as much fun, because they won't.

We'll see you guys come tourney time, when you come back around to enjoy selection sunday and talk about our first round opponent.

Kevin

i remember the days, where we could be talking about where we were going to play in the ncaa tournament, and planning trips to go.

now today, we are happy just to get in.

forrest city joe

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 18, 2015, 12:09:29 am
I'm just not that happy overall.
I'm looking at the totality of the four years and am not encouraged. Even if we make the NCAAs, I just think we are struggling WAY too much in year 4 of a coach. I expect much more of Razorback basketball than that. In my opinion, this should be the flagship athletic program at the UA.
So it might take a Sweet 16 appearance or something really nice like that this year to turn my thinking around. We shall see.
Nope. NCAA is good enough for right now stop trying to raise the bar. this is not a sweet 16 team. got to crawl before you can walk.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:16:30 pm

No, no.

It takes 5 years before you can BEGIN to evaluate the job he's done.

It takes much longer for anything else.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

forrest city joe

Mike is no fool. he knows he has to win. and he will win here. the process is just going to take more time than a lot of you would like. support these kids and our coaches.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 18, 2015, 12:30:55 am
Mike is no fool. he knows he has to win. and he will win here. the process is just going to take more time than a lot of you would like. support these kids and our coaches.

he will win 21-24 a year, make the tournament, lose the first weekend.