Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cubs

Started by lefty08, May 04, 2015, 07:34:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

Go Cubs!

Fantastic start, gotta keep the pressure on
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

lefty08

Well there goes that, I love this rivalry, these games can be nuts
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

popcornhog

Crazy first inning.

As much as it pains me to say it, the Cubs are well positioned in the Central right now. The Cardinals could fall apart if we don't figure out a way to avoid too much mileage on the bullpen.
WPS

TheRazorback500

Nice little five game winning streak we got here! ;D

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

pigture perfect

They have looked good. Pitching needs a little work, but as a core they are likely to be relevant for a few years to come.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

popcornhog

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on May 16, 2015, 11:06:27 am
Nice little five game winning streak we got here! ;D

And the Cardinals are headed in the opposite direction.

The Cubs could absolutely win the division.
WPS

lefty08

Make it 6 now. The Cubs are winning close games, but still have a long ways to go.

southarkhog06

I was worried about the philosophies of Maddon and Theo clashing but all looks well right now.

TheRazorback500

Kind of in a slump. Not good.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

ucahogfan

Theo has put the Cubs in a great position.  That INF of Bryant, Castro, Russell, and Rizzo could be the starting INF at a ASG in a couple of years.  Add in Soler and it will be a long time before we see a young core like this again.  Add in Almora and Schwarber at AA, this Cubs lineup will be scary.

Think it would be smart to flip Baez for a young pitcher since there is a need there after Lester and Arrieta.  I know Edwards is on the farm, but it looks like the has been transitioned to the pen at least for now.  Maybe they could flip him to the Mets for someone like Steven Matz.

lefty08

Or to the Dodgers for bolsinger?

Bigfoot

Great job last night by Jake Arrieta against the Nats.

Ross made an excellent pick off throw to first base to end the game.

Bigfoot

Anthony Rizzo is awesome against left handed pitchers.

Bigfoot

Another strong outing by Hammel. Cubs win.

Cubs 4

Nats 2

TheRazorback500

Herrera, Fowler, and Montero all contributed today. Keep this up, then add the big guns, and there's no reason why they can't be an effective offensive team.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Bigfoot

Cubs activated Chris Denorfia.

He is in the lineup today and doing damage.

2 hits and a run scored so far today.

TheRazorback500

Ugly at Detroit. No support for Lester, and a guy who's lost his last four starts pitches like a Cy Young contender.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Bigfoot

Top of the 4th.

Cubs 5

Tigers 0

TheRazorback500

12-3 top 9th. I like the way they bounce back after a loss.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Bigfoot

Cubs finish 5-4 on 9 game road trip.

Finished pretty strong after losing that series with Miami.

TheRazorback500

They put it all together tonight. A 17-0 4-hit devastation of the Indians. Bryant capped it off with a grand slam in a 7-run ninth. Wow.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

popcornhog

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on June 17, 2015, 09:36:01 pm
They put it all together tonight. A 17-0 4-hit devastation of the Indians. Bryant capped it off with a grand slam in a 7-run ninth. Wow.

And Schwarber 4/5?!
WPS

Bigfoot

Schwarber hit his first big league homerun tonight but Cubs lose 4-3.

Bigfoot

Pirates won again.

They are on fire.

lefty08

8 games over! Love what this team has a chance to do in the coming years

TheRazorback500

Need to end this losing streak! No patience at the plate-too many LOB.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Bigfoot

By sweeping the Mets yesterday the Cubs swept a season series of more than six games for the first time since 1885.

Bigfoot

"Not since Barry Bonds was still playing has a lefty approached what Rizzo is doing off southpaws. It's an amazing statistic knowing how hard it can be for left-handed hitters to hit against lefty pitchers."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/32137/no-stopping-anthony-rizzo-vs-lefties

Bigfoot

Looking forward to the second half of the season.

Will be interesting to see if the Cubs make a move before the trade deadline.

lefty08

I doubt they make a splash. They are ahead in their rebuild and won't move for a big name too early I don't think

TheRazorback500

Nice to take 2 of 3 at Atlanta. Arrieta struck out 10.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

ChicoHog

I think the Cubs and Pirates will be the NL wild card reps this season.  As a Dodger fan I hope we hold on in the west.  I don't think the loser between the Dodgers and midgets will make the wild card. Have to win the division!

Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Rizzo led the Cubs to a victory last night against the Brewers with a 3-run homer in the 8th.

Bigfoot

Rizzo hit another 3-run homerun tonight. Cubs lead Brewers 3-1 top of the 6th.

cubsfan5150

Schwarberbomb on the side too
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

ucahogfan

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on August 01, 2015, 08:36:21 pm
Schwarberbomb on the side too
I never thought Schwarber would be a top 10 prospect like he has turned out to be right now, but I thought it was a very smart pick by the Cubs at 4 last year.  He was a borderline top 10 prospect in the draft because his ability to stick behind the plate at C is still a huge question mark, but he was the top college bat available.  Signing him as far underslot as they did allowed the Cubs to pick three late first/second round type talents in the 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds in Sands, Steele, and Cease.  It appears he is probably a corner OF, but it would be ideal for the Cubs if he could stick behind the plate at C because they have an insane amount of talented young position players.

TheRazorback500

4-3 win completes the sweep at Milwaukee. Bryant hurt his head trying to stretch an RBI single. He looked woozy. Hope it's not serious.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Bigfoot

Cubs beat the Pirates last night for their sixth straight win.

pigture perfect

He does look good.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Bigfoot

Cubs up 6-1 over the Giants, top of the sixth.

Bigfoot

Final score

Cubs 7

Giants 3

TheRazorback500

Fowler looked good at leadoff man, going 3-5 with a home run, and the top three hitters in the lineup went 7 for 13. Nice to see Lester get some support. They are getting offensive help from a lot of different guys. I really like Soler in RF. They're becoming a good team-they seem to bounce back from losses better than I've noticed in the past.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

ChicoHog

I'm rooting for the Cubs this weekend.  Keep beating up on the hated giants!  a 4-0 sweep would be great! 

we will try to help you out be beating the Pirates but it didn't start good tonight with the bullpen blowing another game. 

pigture perfect

Yeah, I'm not much on the Giants either.

popcornhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on August 07, 2015, 09:57:48 pm
I'm rooting for the Cubs this weekend.  Keep beating up on the hated giants!  a 4-0 sweep would be great! 

we will try to help you out be beating the Pirates but it didn't start good tonight with the bullpen blowing another game.

Same here!
WPS

Bigfoot

In 3 games vs SF, Cubs rookies Bryant, Schwarber, Soler & Russell are a combined: 18-43 (.419 average) 5 doubles 2 HR 14 RBI.

TheRazorback500

Another good win. Bryant with a HR, Fowler a triple, and Addison Russell had 3 hits, including a double. Batting him 9th in the lineup seems to be working. They also are showing more patience at the plate, drawing six walks today.

Do you wanna get Rocked?