Gafford getting PUNKED tonight

Started by luke hawg, February 20, 2018, 09:59:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

Just stop the NBA talk! It's a joke. The kid has talent but

luke hawg

he looks like a boy when playing men.

BannerMountainMan

The problem is they have 3 6'11 guys and we have 1, they can switch off anytime the want down low
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorpimp

Quote from: luke hawg on February 20, 2018, 10:00:12 pm

No...he looks like the only player on our team 6'10'' playing against a team full of them

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: luke hawg on February 20, 2018, 10:00:12 pm
dumb statement, he's as good or better than any of their bigs... problem is they are rotating 3 guys just as big...

navyhog24

Easy to get punked when you're getting held all night

HoGs1031

Quote from: razorpimp on February 20, 2018, 10:01:53 pm
No...he looks like the only player on our team 6'10'' playing against a team full of them

And our other 6'8" guys can't jump. And the one that can (Bailey) has played 2 minutes in garbage time against A&M.

k.c.hawg

DA post of the night. We can stop the NBA talk but the NBA won't.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 20, 2018, 10:01:50 pm
The problem is they have 3 6'11 guys and we have 1, they can switch off anytime the want down low

.........Then recruit BETTER maybe???????????
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

billmontgomery10

Mediocre Mike will have no player over 6-8 next year. Same old, same old.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 20, 2018, 10:05:16 pm
.........Then recruit BETTER maybe???????????
youre talking about recruiting against $
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hogsanity

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 20, 2018, 10:07:59 pm

No we are talking about having a average coach who is a LOUSY recruiter, and those who cant see that are NOT Hog fans, they worship a man.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bkjbearcat

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 20, 2018, 10:07:59 pm

Sure...whatever you say. It's ALL about money. Not MA and staff being lazy and incompetent.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hulk hog

Quote from: luke hawg on February 20, 2018, 09:59:08 pm
Just stop the NBA talk! It's a joke. The kid has talent but
That "NBA" talk by  "NBA" people has him top 15. I would enjoy the remainder of this year because that is going to be the rest of his career as a Hog.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 10:10:28 pm
No we are talking about having a average coach who is a LOUSY recruiter, and those who cant see that are NOT Hog fans, they worship a man.

Ha ha...seriously? We lost to a team of paid 5*s. Go pout somewhere else.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Beaverfever

Quote from: hulk hog on February 20, 2018, 10:13:38 pm
That "NBA" talk by  "NBA" people has him top 15. I would enjoy the remainder of this year because that is going to be the rest of his career as a Hog.
Ill be pulling for the kid regardless of when he leaves but it's been obvious all season that he's somewhat of a project at the high D1 level.  He's a long long way from contributing on an NBA team. 

HogFansReunited

You must not know anything about basketball.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Smalltownhog95

Gafford got abused (no call when he got his wrist held) and for the most part held his own all night. At some point 3 dudes who are as big as you can team up and finish you when there's no help inside. I don't fault him one bit.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The people saying Gafford got manhandled were saying the same thing when portis was trying to take on kentuckys town's twins and Willie cauley-stein by himself.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

code red

Quote from: razorpimp on February 20, 2018, 10:01:53 pm
Agreed.  When Gafford got the ball he was working and getting uk in foul trouble.  He was making his fts.  Then?  We quit feeding him.  Why?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on February 20, 2018, 10:18:21 pm
Gafford got abused (no call when he got his wrist held) and for the most part held his own all night. At some point 3 dudes who are as big as you can team up and finish you when there's no help inside. I don't fault him one bit.
Bobby Portis can attest to that
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

la20688

Quote from: HoGs1031 on February 20, 2018, 10:03:49 pm
And our other 6'8" guys can't jump. And the one that can (Bailey) has played 2 minutes in garbage time against A&M.
Do you and everyone else bitching about Bailey not playing realize he's had the flu?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: code red on February 20, 2018, 10:19:19 pm
Agreed.  When Gafford got the ball he was working and getting uk in foul trouble.  He was making his fts.  Then?  We quit feeding him.  Why?
Because Kentucky's bugs started fouling the crap out of him, the refs weren't calling most of them, and Kentucky was able to get the ball

alohawg

The UK refs allowed their bigs to mug Gafford all game. He's a bright spot and goes hard always. Love that kid.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: la20688 on February 20, 2018, 10:20:09 pm
Do you and everyone else bitching about Bailey not playing realize he's had the flu?
Bailey said on Twitter a week ago that he's at full health

k.c.hawg

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 10:20:07 pm
And he wont get banned for that either. clicks clicks clicks is the name of the game.

Absolutely pitiful. Explains the 500 plus new posters in the last 6 weeks.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Danny J

Gafford was doing more than holding his own against 3 guys just as big. As a matter of fact he is the only reason they had to sit 3 guys in the first half with 2 fouls each. The problem is he has no help down low. We have 3 really good players and they have 8 yet we tried the "let's wear them down game" which makes no sense when your bench is getting man handled. Poor Daniel was so tired in the second half he stumbled and almost fell half a dozen times and that's squarely on Mike. Macon kept signaling to come out because he was spent. Kentucky just kept rotating in fresh players that were far superior to anybody we have coming off the bench. This loss is all on Mike.

texas tush hog

Quote from: alohawg on February 20, 2018, 10:21:10 pm
The UK refs allowed their bigs to mug Gafford all game. He's a bright spot and goes hard always. Love that kid.

I do to, but he clearly needs another year.

zebradynasty

Gafford needs more strength the fact that KY had three his size makes it tough for him but that's just a typical night in the NBA.

alohawg

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 20, 2018, 10:24:19 pm

I do to, but he clearly needs another year.

Definitely, and he will I believe.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hogsanity

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 20, 2018, 10:22:44 pm
Absolutely pitiful. Explains the 500 plus new posters in the last 6 weeks.

right, 500 "new" posters.....
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Porknoxville

Are record proves that we don't deserve the big invite. If we did, we would just be adding another loss.
It is beyond me it's so many of you here on this form picked our Hogs to win. I felt we would lose by 10. What makes everybody excited because we beat the worst teams in the league to Pat our record. Just about everyone in the league is won against Kentucky except us that right there my friends proves that we aren't good.

zebradynasty

Quote from: alohawg on February 20, 2018, 10:25:24 pm
Definitely, and he will I believe.

It all depends on his performance at the NBA pre-Draft camp. A strong showing...He gone! If he struggles which I think he will (Not wishing he does). His weakness's only get magnified when he's against equal or better competition at this point of his development.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 10:20:07 pm
And he wont get banned for that either. clicks clicks clicks is the name of the game.

How bout giving us a chance to deal with it?  Hell click report to moderator or something instead of bitching about what you think won't happen. I didnt even have time to see it before you started that trash.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

cram224

I thought the last 10 minutes we were spent. Ky not being a good 3pt shooting team CMA might they a zone.

HoGs1031

Quote from: la20688 on February 20, 2018, 10:20:09 pm

I know for a fact that he is fully back. And no not going on his Twitter.

Pancetta

Why is it so hard to understand, NBA drafts on potential, not on how good a player is currently. If Yrey Thompson was averaging 60% from the floor, 80% from the line and getting 15 a game he would not get drafted. But Gafford doesn't have to, he just has to show he's capable of doing it.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

hogsanity

Quote from: Pancetta on February 20, 2018, 10:48:01 pm
Why is it so hard to understand, NBA drafts on potential, not on how good a player is currently. If Yrey Thompson was averaging 60% from the floor, 80% from the line and getting 15 a game he would not get drafted. But Gafford doesn't have to, he just has to show he's capable of doing it.

They just know how bad this team will be next year WITH Gafford, and simply can not fathom how horrid it will be without him.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 10:53:46 pm
They just know how bad this team will be next year WITH Gafford, and simply can not fathom how horrid it will be without him.

It will be UGLY if he leaves. Then we'll hear the built in excuses of how coach didn't expect gafford to leave.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

hogsanity

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 20, 2018, 10:55:30 pm
It will be UGLY if he leaves. Then we'll hear the built in excuses of how coach didn't expect gafford to leave.

going to be ugly anyway, but  hear that 2026 recruiting class is really shaping up.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HoGs1031 on February 20, 2018, 10:38:46 pm
I know for a fact that he is fully back. And no not going on his Twitter.

He's been playing like he's sick all SEC conference season.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 10:58:33 pm
going to be ugly anyway, but  hear that 2026 recruiting class is really shaping up.

If gafford leaves, it will be a special kinda ugly. Like a janet reno/hillary lovechild kinda ugly.
Millennials suck...

lasthog

Quote from: Pancetta on February 20, 2018, 10:48:01 pm

Now look man, until Gafford develops physically for a few more years and displays the skills of a veteran NBA player, ain't no team going to draft a project like him.

Or so I read on HV...