Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Auburn beats Bama, Gus can't come

Started by Rudy Baylor, November 18, 2017, 03:02:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Baylor

November 18, 2017, 03:02:26 pm Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:50:30 pm by Rudy Baylor
Hello Matt Campbell

Welcome to Fayetteville

...or Lane Kiffin

King Kong

This is correct. However, Matt Campbell is impossible to get

Dropkick

FaytownHog

Why? This is the main thing I want to happen if he comes. Beat Bama and THEN COME TO ARKANSAS! Could you imagine the meltdown at Auburn?? Not to mention it would help ease the pain for some of the Gus Bus haters here.

ur

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 18, 2017, 09:21:25 pm
Why? This is the main thing I want to happen if he comes. Beat Bama and THEN COME TO ARKANSAS! Could you imagine the meltdown at Auburn?? Not to mention it would help ease the pain for some of the Gus Bus haters here.
So what  date do you expect to have the press conf?

NuttinItUp

GuvHog

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 18, 2017, 09:21:25 pm

Are you serious?? If Auburn beats Bama, they'll have a chance to play for the National Championship. Gus is not about to pass up a chance to get a National Championship on his resume' and have that ring to flash around. I'll say it again: If Auburn beats Bama, Arkansas will move on and offer another HC the job.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TrueBlue

Piggie

It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

PigInTheHole

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

ipigsooie

Moses is saying it's a done deal. Says he is coming either way.

Justagp

Quote from: GuvHog on November 19, 2017, 06:37:55 am
Are you serious?? If Auburn beats Bama, they'll have a chance to play for the National Championship. Gus is not about to pass up a chance to get a National Championship on his resume' and have that ring to flash around. I'll say it again: If Auburn beats Bama, Arkansas will move on and offer another HC the job.
[/quote
This will definitely be one of the few times I pull for Auburn.

woodrow hog call

Yeah and I was going to be the VP of operations for the Cowboys, Jerry already had my name on my office, but I had to go the dentist and so he couldn't hire me.

Makes the same amount of sense.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

hoglady

I will be a Tiger - War Eagle fan.

Can't we just have a fresh start??
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

ricepig

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 19, 2017, 03:37:27 pm

Well, Moses has been to the mountain.

ipigsooie

hogfansince79

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

hawgon

Rudy Baylor

November 19, 2017, 04:34:49 pm #21 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:49:01 pm by Rudy Baylor
Actually I may be wrong - probably am wrong

The Tyson's I believe, and others, may be ready to wait and seal the deal in blood so heavily that Malzahn will not be here until January, if necessary, but will show, will not back out

I'm guessing

I think it's going to be the most interesting coaching change in years

Funny part - if Auburn loses the Iron Bowl this week, the conspiracy theory that he threw the game will last for a hundred years

Simple Swineman

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 19, 2017, 04:34:49 pm

Funny part - if Auburn loses the Iron Bowl this week, the conspiracy theory that he threw the game will last for a hundred years

Those are the things that make college football so fun. Something like that could give us the legit, non-manufactured SEC rivalry that we've never truly had. Especially if Auburn loses on a controversial call by Malzahn late in the game.

Of course, we will never take Alabama's place as Auburn's main rival, but it would sure make our series with them more entertaining.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 19, 2017, 04:34:49 pm

That would actually be awesome.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 19, 2017, 03:37:27 pm

Moses lead his people to wander for 40 years.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dark Helmet Hog

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Simple Swineman on November 19, 2017, 04:40:05 pm
Those are the things that make college football so fun. Something like that could give us the legit, non-manufactured SEC rivalry that we've never truly had. Especially if Auburn loses on a controversial call by Malzahn late in the game.

Of course, we will never take Alabama's place as Auburn's main rival, but it would sure make our series with them more entertaining.

That's good trolling material for SECRANT  ;D

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 19, 2017, 04:51:11 pm
That’s good trolling material for SECRANT  ;D

A troll from one of those sites will have an article by tomorrow.

grayhawg

I'm probably in the minority here but I think Gus is playing Auburn for a raise and extention.

bjeffersonhog

Gus has put himself in a win/win situation. Win the bama game and get a raise and extension and play for a NC. Lose the bama game and he gets to come home and probably still get a raise.

ShilohTreyDad#67

ur

NuttinItUp

Locutus_of_Boar

An Iron Bowl loss puts major pressure on Gus in 2018 to bail to Arkansas.  Even a sweep: Iron Bowl, SEECG, playoff, NCG buys him what Cheeze-It got which was two years after the 2010 title.

What happens with ever 2017 game left that he wins from here on is that his cost goes up.

As long as Arkansas stays interested Gus will continue to play the distracted coach and Sexton will continue talking if for no other reason than to increase his Auburn buyout for next year.

Even if Arkansas doesn't want to pay the price of buying the current SEC Champion and possible National Champion they may play the game until the new coach is ready.  For example Norvell may not want to accept an offer till after the AAC championship game on 12/2 so even if he's the choice there could be a lot of smoke and noise around Gus next week.

hobhog

So if he beats Bama and goes to playoff you don't want him even if willing to flip AU bird and come back to home state?

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

King Kong

Quote from: grayhawg on November 19, 2017, 04:59:00 pm
I'm probably in the minority here but I think Gus is playing Auburn for a raise and extention.

Listen. Gus was on the hot seat and made arrangements to get the job. This was prior to beating UGA. Neither Gus or Arkansas expect that to happen. It most definitely changed things

ur

Quote from: hobhog on November 19, 2017, 06:29:42 pm
So if he beats Bama and goes to playoff you don't want him even if willing to flip AU bird and come back to home state?

You willing to risk the wait until Jan?

East Clintwood

Quote from: hobhog on November 19, 2017, 06:29:42 pm

I don't want him under any circumstances.  He will not be successful here.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Hawg Life

Quote from: grayhawg on November 19, 2017, 04:59:00 pm

I think you're 100% right, and I don't think you're in the minority.

Hawg Life

Hawg Life

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 19, 2017, 06:08:53 pm
An Iron Bowl loss puts major pressure on Gus in 2018 to bail to Arkansas.  Even a sweep: Iron Bowl, SEECG, playoff, NCG buys him what Cheeze-It got which was two years after the 2010 title.

What happens with ever 2017 game left that he wins from here on is that his cost goes up.

As long as Arkansas stays interested Gus will continue to play the distracted coach and Sexton will continue talking if for no other reason than to increase his Auburn buyout for next year.

Even if Arkansas doesn't want to pay the price of buying the current SEC Champion and possible National Champion they may play the game until the new coach is ready.  For example Norvell may not want to accept an offer till after the AAC championship game on 12/2 so even if he's the choice there could be a lot of smoke and noise around Gus next week.

So, we'll pay $6.5 million for a coach that bailed due to high expectations? Let that sink in. How can we expect more that the 8 games he's won per season when he won't have top 10 recruiting classes @ Arkansas?  His 2 successful Qb's he didn't develop, and he won't have those transfers here. It's a lose-lose situation. We'll pay more and expect less, and that NEVER works out.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: King Kong on November 18, 2017, 08:09:45 pm
This is correct. However, Matt Campbell is impossible to get
I'm sure it's been disclosed on here, but why is it impossible to get him? I've been avoiding this forum due to the expected absurd new HC suggestions.

ur

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on November 19, 2017, 07:10:11 pm
I'm sure it's been disclosed on here, but why is it impossible to get him? I've been avoiding this forum due to the expected absurd new HC suggestions.
buyout is $6.4 mill.  Some say it's 9 mill but they are going off what a sports reporter said and not reading the contract. Still too high for us.

FaytownHog

They would play for the SEC championship next. Would have to win that and then two more. If he's already got an agreement in principal as some are suggesting, I think we'd wait for him to finish his season and then when he jumped ship it would be way more epic! Tall order this week though.

ipigsooie

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 19, 2017, 08:16:46 pm
They would play for the SEC championship next. Would have to win that and then two more. If he's already got an agreement in principal as some are suggesting, I think we'd wait for him to finish his season and then when he jumped ship it would be way more epic! Tall order this week though.

An "agreement in principle" is not a contract. He could change his mind at any time. Early January and we are left with jack crap. I mean why wouldn't he? Cripple an inter conference rival. Get a raise. 2 birds 1 stone

lumphog

Can't come ?  Is he grounded ? Does he have balls ? Does he really want to be home ? Is he full of sheet ? Fork Gus. He's done. Bring Norbell home, HE WANTS to be here

rude1

Gus after going to NC game has gone 8-5, 7-6, 8-5. This coach after going to the NC game went 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 9-3, and was fired. Yet if Les Miles was hired it would spur less than optimism. If you black out GM name and just show his record, the fan base would be irate about hiring such an inconsistent coach.

Matt Burks

Quote from: lumphog on November 19, 2017, 08:39:45 pm
Can't come ?  Is he grounded ? Does he have balls ? Does he really want to be home ? Is he full of sheet ? Fork Gus. He's done. Bring Norbell home, HE WANTS to be here
I'm with you. #HireNorvell

Matt Burks

Quote from: rude1 on November 19, 2017, 08:41:29 pm
Gus after going to NC game has gone 8-5, 7-6, 8-5. This coach after going to the NC game went 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 9-3, and was fired. Yet if Les Miles was hired it would spur less than optimism. If you black out GM name and just show his record, the fan base would be irate about hiring such an inconsistent coach.
You know, that's a very good point. If Gus wasn't from Arkansas, he'd get the same type of comments from people that they have about Les. And Les has an extremely good record - Gus, really, doesn't.