Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That is the best 41-9 loss I have ever experienced!

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, October 14, 2017, 09:43:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

I still have full confidence in Austin Allen if he is healthy. But Kelly showed me tonight that he will be somebody one day. Trouble is, our OL is like a cup and marble game... where is it now?

The TV announcers actually said that the defense got together and rallied to play better. That tells me that there is no coaching or leadership from guys who make a hell of alot of money to do just that.

We will be lucky to win three more games this year.

rtr

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on October 14, 2017, 10:11:38 pm
Coastal Carolina is 1-5 and lost 17-51 to Arkansas State tonight.  I realize your just a stir the pot guy, so I will just say, "Nice call"!
Sorry if you see any silver lining tonight, well that is pathetic.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

BigE_23

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on October 14, 2017, 09:43:45 pm
Cole Kelly played well in his first ever start at #1 Alabama!  What a place and Team to start your first game against as a Redshirt Freshman. 

Even with inferior talent, I felt like our guys played hard.  I think this is the offensive line we should have played all along.

I now have hope that we can beat some of our remaining opponents.

Coastal Carolina, Miss State, Ole Miss, and Missouri are all winnable games. 

At least it makes the rest of the season interesting!

TCU, TAMU, and USC-e were all winnable too.

Davidr295

Quote from: TebowHater on October 14, 2017, 10:06:12 pm
K E L L E Y

Can we please learn to spell our QB's name?? Spelled wrong more than it is correct on this board.

Thanks professor

JaketheSnake

Quote from: rude1 on October 14, 2017, 10:05:30 pm
As I said, if you can't compete against his second and third team players, what do you want him to do, take a knee on every snap?
Saban scores as much as he wants to. Tossing it deep late in those blowouts is still running it up. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: jst01 on October 14, 2017, 09:47:50 pm
Haha. Remember feeling like this several times last year?? Bret will bring y'all back down to earth.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RebHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 14, 2017, 09:59:06 pm
Saban has run it up plenty on us in the past.

No one is saying that this was anything but a blowout loss... but it felt like a different team than what showed up vs USC.

First time I think I have agreed with you bama is a different animal if this offense and defense was present against USC things might be different. That said on defense the amount of pressure we tried to apply 2nite shame on the coaches for not trying this already.

rude1

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 14, 2017, 10:20:22 pm
Saban scores as much as he wants to. Tossing it deep late in those blowouts is still running it up. 
Running your offense with second and third team players is not running up the score. Would you feel better if he simply ran the same running play every down so we could stop it?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 10:25:41 pm
First time I think I have agreed with you bama is a different animal if this offense and defense was present against USC things might be different. That said on defense the amount of pressure we tried to apply 2nite shame on the coaches for not trying this already.

Yep, those few tweaks could have made a world of difference last week and the few weeks before. 

dhizzle

:-*It's really just not fair. Everyone says oh Nick Saban I love you I want to kiss you. However he has said he may not be the best coach but he will be the best recruiter. I saw players come in that I have never seen before and play like they are bosses. Just not fair they are brain washed.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: rude1 on October 14, 2017, 10:25:42 pm
Running your offense with second and third team players is not running up the score. Would you feel better if he simply ran the same running play every down so we could stop it?
Deep balls.

Agree to disagree here.

Letsroll1200

5 years and we're celebrating! Arkansas was not ecen competitive in this game. The players played hard but 5 years into the program.

johnny cash

Quote from: jvanhorn on October 14, 2017, 09:48:19 pm
Another cruise down the river De Nile.  Grasping at straws.  The desperation has gone from sad to pathetic.

GuvHog

A loss is not good in any shape, form, or fashion but Kelly played better than I though he would be able to against Bama.

They should start him the rest of the way and stay with the no huddle offense.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

COACHINTEXAS

Put the pipe down, we are not beating Ole Miss or Miss State
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

gohogs1969

I liked the way the Hogs fought  tonight. Played hard and didn't lay down. Young team that'll be good sooner rather than later. Lots of youth everywhere. Love the Smackover kid.

BentonvilleJeff

We are so bad. Not even competitive against the best in the land. If that is what we want then Bielema is the answer.
Also, I think we are worse now than when Bielema took over.

hawganatic

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 14, 2017, 09:48:59 pm
Did you see ole miss today? Not a winnable game.

Did you see Ole Miss against Bama?  Very winnable game...

ND

Yeeeah, no.  Alabama didn't play as well as they normally do.  They had three back-to-back failed drives in the first half, committed two turn overs, and played mostly freshmen the whole second half.

We had only 27 yards rushing.  27.  Our offensive line is still atrocious, we're still the worst PAT team in the country, our defense still can't tackle, the best running back we have is a 270lb freshman quarterback, and we still have the speed of a slowly petrifying dog turd.  Just because we only lost by 32 points and Cole Kelly completed 50% of his passes doesn't mean that we're suddenly showing some promise. 

They could have hung 70 on us if they didn't make some of the mistakes they did and Saban kept his foot on the pedal.

N

Rayzback

I don't think taking away a small spec of positive in any way endorses Coach B.  He can leave tomorrow, but most of the players will still be here.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

hawganatic

Quote from: code red on October 14, 2017, 10:04:08 pm
I take that back.  In all seriousness.  Coastal Carolina may beat us yep.  Id give em better than 50% chance.

You're seriously just all kinds of stupid if you watch us play the #1 team in the country, and deduce from that that we will lose to a lower tier team like Coastal Carolina...

EastArkHog 47

The best 41-9 loss I've ever experienced, that is the most stupid thing I've heard on this bad day.

From Tusk Till Dawn

The game went about as I expected it to go.  We were outclassed but i can still look at the game and see some positives.  Most of you  guys swore we would lose big and then hate on the team and coaches when we did.  Would have assumed you would have taken a bow, but instead anybody that takes a positive from this is somehow an idiot.  I dont believe CBB will be back but almost hope he is just so I can watch this unfold.  And if he isnt back, that might be just as entertaining.

GoHogs1091

We scored more points against Alabama than we did against TCU.

That is one positive from tonight's game.

code red

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 14, 2017, 09:51:57 pm
Let's slow down now. we just got beat 41 to 9.and we are 2 and 4 on the season. with only wins being over Florida A&M and N.M. State.having said that. we have some good young talent on this team.need better coaches,who put their best talent on the field.
Da Truth.....dismiss Long and CBB. That's the way I see it.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 14, 2017, 11:40:30 pm
We scored more points against Alabama than we did against TCU.

That is one positive from tonight's game.
yeah. We played them at home too. Yikes.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

rzrbkman

Quote from: hoglady on October 14, 2017, 10:02:02 pm
Really pretty sad - that Bielema has brought us down to a level where we aren't the least bit upset about getting slaughtered on National TV on a Saturday night.

"We are not the least bit upset"? Have you seen one board member post that they were totally happy with the results of the Alabama game?

Nouston Hutt

We have an #Uncommon view of football if we happy with a 41-9 loss in a coaches 5th year. Get real

EastexHawg

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on October 14, 2017, 10:02:14 pm
Just curious, you would tell Cole Kelley to his face that he played pathetically tonight?

Here comes this ridiculous line.  "Cole could beat you up so just shut up!"  I guess I watched a different game because no, I didn't think Cole looked overly impressive or like a budding star.  His vaunted running got stuffed on every attempt but one and his passing wasn't exactly Montana-esque, either.  What is the standard now, that we can score one TD in the final minutes on the other team's scrubs, on a fourth down play on a possession kept alive by numerous major penalties?

You have to look pretty hard to try to find something positive about this blowout, as in finding a diamond at Murfreesboro hard.

ESPN patronized us during the telecast.  "Oh, look, Arkansas made a good play." We're awful, and I didn't find anything to be excited about in that debacle.

Wild Bill Hog

The only reason this game was as "close" as it was is because Saban does not run scores up.  He could have scored a whole lot more.

ICEman

Alabama and their fans 'phoned-in' that game. Fowler even said as much when queried about their Homecoming festivities...there was more rally than pep.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 15, 2017, 03:47:19 am
Here comes this ridiculous line.  "Cole could beat you up so just shut up!"  I guess I watched a different game because no, I didn't think Cole looked overly impressive or like a budding star.  His vaunted running got stuffed on every attempt but one and his passing wasn't exactly Montana-esque, either.  What is the standard now, that we can score one TD in the final minutes on the other team's scrubs, on a fourth down play on a possession kept alive by numerous major penalties?

You have to look pretty hard to try to find something positive about this blowout, as in finding a diamond at Murfreesboro hard.

ESPN patronized us during the telecast.  "Oh, look, Arkansas made a good play." We're awful, and I didn't find anything to be excited about in that debacle.
Aw come on, Kelley is a star in the making if he could ever get a clean pocket in which to step forward and throw. How many times did he have to throw off of his back foot tonight because the O line was like a sieve ? I can almost guarantee our starting QB would have been throwing pick sixes all night long. This picture reminds me of what our freshman QB was going through tonight......   
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Justagp on October 14, 2017, 10:03:26 pm
It's not the team, it's the coaching staff.

The coaching staff is part of the team, but
there are areas where the team lacks SEC talent.

jgphillips3

There are positives from tonight.  Kelley to Jones could be the new Stoerner to Lucas the next couple of years.  Some young pups are doing well.  Incompetent coaching will prevent this team from doing better than 4-8 or 5-7 at best, but next year with a competent coaching staff could see 8 or even 9 wins.

Al Boarland

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 15, 2017, 05:52:21 am
....but next year with a competent coaching staff could see 8 or even 9 wins.

New coaches would have to come in and recruit lights out to get the quality depth needed to win games. Not to mention the time it takes for a new coaching staff to get things rolling. 8/9 wins ain't happening next season.

Steef

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 15, 2017, 03:47:19 am

Cole needs polish.

But he got his first SEC start ...
1. Against the number one tesm in the country
2. After they slept walked last week and Saban tore them a new one for it, so they were in buzz-saw mode.
3. On THEIR field.
4. Behind a Hog Oline that would have trouble blocking a high school team.
5. With only eight or nine plays to choose from and the Tide knows them better than Enos does.
6. Being blitzed every down.

And he never wavered. Never wilted. Was energetic and pushing his team on every play, when every fan in the country knew it was hopeless.

He checked down receivers. Worked his pocket pretty well. Shrugged off hits.

And never whined once.

He's a keeper.

hog911

Cole Kelly played well in his first ever start at #1 Alabama!  What a place and Team to start your first game against as a Redshirt Freshman. 

Even with inferior talent, I felt like our guys played hard.  I think this is the offensive line we should have played all along.

Only Coastal Carolina is a winnable game. We will lose out in conference, bank on it!  This is what you get when you are not a "win at all cost" program. When you shoot for middle you find yourself in the cellar!

twistitup

Quote from: mrp on October 14, 2017, 10:08:03 pm
Hogs are a solid team. They competed.

Just came up a little short

You would make a good coach
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

twistitup

Quote from: Al Boarland on October 15, 2017, 05:46:38 am
The coaching staff is part of the team, but
there are areas where the team lacks SEC talent.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

LZH

Quote from: Steef on October 15, 2017, 06:05:38 am
Cole needs polish.

But he got his first SEC start ...
1. Against the number one tesm in the country
2. After they slept walked last week and Saban tore them a new one for it, so they were in buzz-saw mode.
3. On THEIR field.
4. Behind a Hog Oline that would have trouble blocking a high school team.
5. With only eight or nine plays to choose from and the Tide knows them better than Enos does.
6. Being blitzed every down.

And he never wavered. Never wilted. Was energetic and pushing his team on every play, when every fan in the country knew it was hopeless.

He checked down receivers. Worked his pocket pretty well. Shrugged off hits.

And never whined once.

He's a keeper.

Yes.

hawgdavis

We will not beat Mizzu , they will score too easy and we won't. They put up 28 on UGA ( beat D in the country) who I personally think will run the table and beat Bama in the SECCG and win the playoff. Not sure we win another game but Coastal. We have plenty of talent but absolutely have an incompetent HC and OL coach just ask CK this morning he's feeling it. HC won't let his OC or DC do the job they were hired to do. We see glimpses of it from time to time and then he gets involved and we go conservative and back off again. Truly sad that we're in this situation again JLS 2.0. Without the smile.

HognotinMemphis

This is where and who we are now. A program with a fanbase that is content, even happy, with a 32 point loss. They have beaten us down to accept losing. Good for them. They win.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hogopolis

I agree the team did play with more effort from start to finish than at any time this year, and I hope that continues.  However , not one game other than coastal Carolina can be marked down as W.   But, all the remaining games are winnable........ but we have Bert. 

The real Hogules

Jeff Long's vision has become our reality - we are more like Vanderbilt than we are like Alabama.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hogsolutely

How can anyone see a bright spot in this game!  If Bama would have left Harris in longer he would have had 400+ yards rushing.   When Bama got up 24 they played everybody.  At one time they had 4 freshman at Wide outs!   I'll give it to our guys they played in a game they had more than a 0% chance to win, but Bama dialed it back a bit.  We are so very bad right now I don't know anyone could pick us to win an SEC game left on our schedule.  I will support them till the end, but there is so many aspects of our team that is bad it isn't even funny!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hogopolis on October 15, 2017, 07:37:52 am
I agree the team did play with more effort from start to finish than at any time this year, and I hope that continues.  However , not one game other than coastal Carolina can be marked down as W.   But, all the remaining games are winnable........ but we have Bert.
I have watched most of Ark's games this year and have watched at least one game of each of the remaining opponents. While possible, it is highly unlikely that Arkansas will win vs Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss St, and LSU. So that leaves a win vs Coastal and a toss up game to end the season vs. Missouri. 4-8 and 1-7 will be the ceiling and that will be worst season overall in I don't know when and 2nd worst in conference ever, next to Bert's 1st year.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

rzrbkman

Quote from: hawgdavis on October 15, 2017, 07:34:25 am
We will not beat Mizzu , they will score too easy and we won't. They put up 28 on UGA ( beat D in the country) who I personally think will run the table and beat Bama in the SECCG and win the playoff. Not sure we win another game but Coastal. We have plenty of talent but absolutely have an incompetent HC and OL coach just ask CK this morning he's feeling it. HC won't let his OC or DC do the job they were hired to do. We see glimpses of it from time to time and then he gets involved and we go conservative and back off again. Truly sad that we're in this situation again JLS 2.0. Without the smile.

The Hogs WILL beat Missouri. The Tigers have given up 31 points or more in ALL of their games this season, including 43 points to a 1-5 Missouri St. team.

hawgdavis

What happened to Martin, he didn't look scared he made some nice catches early then got TJ'ed, and speaking of TJ he didn't even see the field at all, oh I forgot he got 2 touches last week he is only supposed to get 1 per week so none this week. HC is a joke won't even play the best players because they don't don't completely hit his 5 point system or something like that,

rzrbkman

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 15, 2017, 07:36:21 am
This is where and who we are now. A program with a fanbase that is content, even happy, with a 32 point loss. They have beaten us down to accept losing. Good for them. They win.

The post that you referenced never indicated that the member was content or happy with the loss.