Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Think Piece on the Guns in Stadium debate

Started by snoot hoggy hog, April 12, 2017, 08:21:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

RME

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on April 12, 2017, 08:21:47 am
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2017/3/23/15036118/arkansas-fans-dont-need-guns

I enjoy Clay Travis' takes and his satire and his outlandish articles. To be honest, he's a pretty funny guy, and he's actually pretty intelligent.

But whatever the hell article this was (a waste of 4 minutes of my life that I will never get back), is pretty sad. Holy darn that was just a bad article on so many levels.

Not much thought was put into that "think piece."

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 12, 2017, 11:41:32 am
I enjoy Clay Travis' takes and his satire and his outlandish articles. To be honest, he's a pretty funny guy, and he's actually pretty intelligent.

But whatever the hell article this was (a waste of 4 minutes of my life that I will never get back), is pretty sad. Holy darn that was just a bad article on so many levels.

Yeah, his research was shotty at best. Everyone knows we won a national championship already.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 12, 2017, 11:22:41 am
Dead issue.
au contraire mon frère.  Our legislature meets again in 2 years.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on April 12, 2017, 02:17:40 pm

I really doubt it will come back.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rhames

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 12, 2017, 11:41:32 am

Clay didn't write that.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Pigsknuckles

"Arkansas fans follow and love and stay devoted to a team often good enough to give them hope, and then bad enough to invalidate the concept of hope itself."

That just about covers it.

We're having a discussion about bringing guns into the stadium when we ought to be taking belts away from fans to keep them from hanging themselves from bleacher railings.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

RME

Quote from: rhames on April 12, 2017, 03:09:20 pm

Clay didn't write that.

I know he didn't.

The author of that article is trying to emulate Clay Travis in the "trolling sports guy" realm. And he's failing miserably.

nchogg

It wasn't worth the read. Born in Arkansas and have not lived there in 30 years but that was just plain stupid. Snoot I have to agree, it was a waste of a few minutes of my life.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on April 12, 2017, 02:17:40 pm

Yawn.  Move along - nothing to see here.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: longpig on April 13, 2017, 12:35:31 am
Where can I get a hog hat like the one that ol girl's sportin?

She made it in prison.

Grizzlyfan

You guys don't give our state legislature nearly enough credit.

2,069 bills filed in this past session.  1,074 new laws.  These are the "small government conservatives" we've turned our state over to.

cityhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 12, 2017, 03:06:29 pm
I really doubt it will come back.

Then you don't know our AR state legislators or the NRA very well.

goodguytex

Quote from: cityhog on April 21, 2017, 01:35:38 pm
Then you don't know our AR state legislators or the NRA very well.
The Arkansas state legislature would be insane to dredge this issue back up again.  They are going to let it die and be glad it's over.  As this issue should be.  We all need to move on.