Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Player tweets not a good look

Started by Snout team, January 01, 2018, 03:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Karma on January 02, 2018, 03:44:11 pm
Actually, that seems to be what got their problems addressed.

There's a 5 page thread on here about why aren't high school kids loyal to the UofA in recruiting. The UofA better be loyal to current and former players if it wants the same treatment.

Why not pick up the phone and call someone? Or DM the athletic department, they all still work their, except long, lol. Nobody gets a check/direct deposit on Jan 1st. As to the video editing, there's still plenty of time to get that out before draft decisions need to be made. Players hit up the other sites that take pictures all the time, they have to pay for it, or it would be a NCAA violation.

hogcards

Quote from: a0ashle on January 02, 2018, 03:31:38 pm
Maybe we should fire him?

Let's make sure we give him carte blanche to sign an awful coach to a ridiculous buyout first behind the U of A's back.   ;)
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Inhogswetrust

January 02, 2018, 03:59:20 pm #102 Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:32:59 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: rhog1 on January 02, 2018, 03:14:33 pm
Why not? It is a sign of the times. It is what kids today do.

They need to learn that no matter what they put out on social media it can and will be seen and could effect their future including employment or not.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ChopSooie

I bet if they went to coach or some of the staff, they would get help instead of going to Twitter.

The OTR

Why is everyone so angry at the players?

Why is everyone so angry period?

ricepig

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 02, 2018, 04:04:03 pm

Shut up!!!

The OTR

a0ashle

Quote from: hogcards on January 02, 2018, 03:58:00 pm
Let's make sure we give him carte blanche to sign an awful coach to a ridiculous buyout first behind the U of A's back.   ;)

Yes, but make sure the RF contract matches, we don't want confusion.

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2018, 03:54:38 pm
Why not pick up the phone and call someone? Or DM the athletic department, they all still work their, except long, lol. Nobody gets a check/direct deposit on Jan 1st. As to the video editing, there's still plenty of time to get that out before draft decisions need to be made. Players hit up the other sites that take pictures all the time, they have to pay for it, or it would be a NCAA violation.
Read FOTH's post. Seems the current players don't have much communication with new staff yet.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2018, 03:39:33 pm
While there may be some issues, tweeting out your frustration isn't the best way the go about rectifying them.
Maybe, but I believe it's for their peers to shut down like I am trying to shut down a bunch of hotheads calling players crybabies...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HossHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 01, 2018, 03:42:05 pm
BJ as in BiJon Jackson? Pro day lol.
You really gunna laugh at a kid following his dreams? If Mitchell Loewen can make it onto the Saints roster I think Bijhon has a chance 

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: Karma on January 02, 2018, 04:24:55 pm
Read FOTH's post. Seems the current players don't have much communication with new staff yet.

There's more staff than the football department. Everyone of those coaches that recruited has a Twitter account and a DM would have taken care of it. There's also several guys in the football operations department that have switched over from SMU, hit them up too.

sowmonella

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 02, 2018, 02:14:20 pm
Why does Ramsey want a highlight tape made?  Highlight of what? All his missed one arm tackles?

Go away. I thought player bashing was against Hogville rules.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Rockhawg

Seems Randy was just wanting a video that the kids that look up to him could view. Hog fans took care of that for him :) no big deal.

RME

Player tweetsWashed-up old guys tweeting vile and putrid trash at our potential recruits/players not a good look

Fixed the OP.

jimhog

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ChopSooie on January 02, 2018, 04:03:59 pm
I bet if they went to coach or some of the staff, they would get help instead of going to Twitter.

Bingo
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ricepig

hoglady

Quote from: Karma on January 02, 2018, 03:44:11 pm
Actually, that seems to be what got their problems addressed.

There's a 5 page thread on here about why aren't high school kids loyal to the UofA in recruiting. The UofA better be loyal to current and former players if it wants the same treatment.

But Ramsey's issue wasn't really a problem - it wasn't highlights for the NFL scouts or having anything to do with the draft. He said the NFL has access to all the video and that's what they use.
He wanted a highlight video to put on you tube. To me that's not a priority item.
Certainly not something to get in an uproar about.

BJ's issues are different and need to be addressed.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Snout team

I do believe both of them were respectful in what they posted. It certainly could have been worse.  It is also their right to go to twitter instead of someone on campus.

I can go over my bosses head if I don't like his decisions....but it is probably not a good idea.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Pork Twain

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 01, 2018, 03:09:49 pm
Between Ramsey crying about his photos and BJ complaining about no support during pro day training it appears the lack of having a staff in place is causing some hardships.  I feel for the players and is is not a good look on social media. 

You would think there would be plenty of support staff in place to take care of this stuff.

Adulting is hard.  Complaining on Hogville is too easy
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 01, 2018, 03:09:49 pm
Between Ramsey crying about his photos and BJ complaining about no support during pro day training it appears the lack of having a staff in place is causing some hardships.  I feel for the players and is is not a good look on social media. 

You would think there would be plenty of support staff in place to take care of this stuff.
you may wanna stay off twitter
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

DeltaBoy

Time for the Sr's  to suck it up Buttercups!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2018, 05:24:04 pm
There's more staff than the football department. Everyone of those coaches that recruited has a Twitter account and a DM would have taken care of it. There's also several guys in the football operations department that have switched over from SMU, hit them up too.
Sorry they didn't do it the way you would.

Beavthompson

It's weird to me that hogville knows exactly how to get in touch with with the Athletic department.  They know the players also haven't tried any of these ways and should be bashed. I guess that's ok now.
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

pccmizuno24

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 02, 2018, 09:53:14 am
SIAP,

I thought this was a very interesting point.  And since this is Hogville I will preface with I in no way think this is a negative reflection on the new staff.  It is just something as Bijhon points out, that gets overlooked in all of the madness that is the coaching carousel.

https://twitter.com/BijhonJ/status/947932363446800384

Here is another one he put out a little later.

https://twitter.com/BijhonJ/status/947986688042852352

But he had money for an engagement ring....

Priorities young man priorities

HoggyCat

I posted this and links to their tweets and it got trashed.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Soooie21

Quick, will somebody get a hug to these guys....

ricepig

Quote from: Karma on January 02, 2018, 11:28:03 pm

Or, the vast majority of young adults that age.

010HogFan

Quote from: Karma on January 02, 2018, 11:28:03 pm

At some point if you've been ignored you just have to do it the way that will generate the attention quickest. I don't blame them a bit if they had tried other methods first and weren't getting a response.

azhog10

Quote from: ricepig on January 03, 2018, 08:05:08 am
Or, the vast majority of young adults that age.
Or anyone that has any common sense or isn't used to being catered too. In the real world you have to be able to put your big boy pants on and find answers. Not go to twitter and "vent".

azhog10

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 03, 2018, 08:45:18 am
At some point if you've been ignored you just have to do it the way that will generate the attention quickest. I don't blame them a bit if they had tried other methods first and weren't getting a response.
IF they have tried......What if this was the first method they used?

010HogFan

Quote from: azhog10 on January 03, 2018, 09:44:58 am
IF they have tried......What if this was the first method they used?

Their posts and general tone of frustration suggested otherwise. They got help though so it worked, hats off to them for using technology to solve a problem, because after all that's what it's for. Sounds like the only people getting worked up are the mouthbreathers on this board

RME

Quote from: azhog10 on January 03, 2018, 09:44:21 am
Or anyone that has any common sense or isn't used to being catered too. In the real world you have to be able to put your big boy pants on and find answers. Not go to twitter and "vent".

I mean, Ramsey got his stuff sorted out with help from Twitter.

Sounds like he "found answers in the real world" to me.

010HogFan

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 03, 2018, 10:05:02 am

+1

twistitup

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 02, 2018, 04:04:03 pm

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 03, 2018, 10:05:02 am

Nope, a 60 year old farmer in the delta didn't like the way he did it so Ramsey is wrong.

twistitup

Quote from: Karma on January 03, 2018, 10:23:30 am
Nope, a 60 year old farmer in the delta didn't like the way he did it so Ramsey is wrong.

now you are talkin' smack about the delta? It's not NWA, but c'mon - those are some 'salt of the earth' folks - have a little respect

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

twistitup

ricepig

Quote from: Karma on January 03, 2018, 10:23:30 am

Oh, so now Jonesboro is in the Delta, I wish y'all would make up your minds. We aren't farmers when we retire, we're landlords.......

code red

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 01, 2018, 03:27:27 pm
"Crying about photos....".?
Geez.
Agreed.  Photos of what?  Pro day LOL....who we got thats a Pro??
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 02, 2018, 09:35:01 pm
Adulting is hard.  Complaining on Hogville is too easy
Complaining on Twitter is even easier.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HogAllMighty

Quote from: King Kong on January 01, 2018, 03:30:43 pm
And told how great they were in that comeback win against Coastal Carolina

I don't seem to remember but were we behind in that game or is this sarcasm.

010HogFan

Quote from: HogAllMighty on January 03, 2018, 12:22:13 pm
I don't seem to remember but were we behind in that game or is this sarcasm.

We were behind

EastexHawg

Quote from: ricepig on January 03, 2018, 11:20:17 am
Oh, so now Jonesboro is in the Delta, I wish y'all would make up your minds. We aren't farmers when we retire, we're landlords.......
According to this never wrong source, indeed Jonesboro is in the delta.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_Delta