Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Player tweets not a good look

Started by Snout team, January 01, 2018, 03:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

Between Ramsey crying about his photos and BJ complaining about no support during pro day training it appears the lack of having a staff in place is causing some hardships.  I feel for the players and is is not a good look on social media. 

You would think there would be plenty of support staff in place to take care of this stuff.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

farmhawg

They are gonna have to grow up fast.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HamboFirstBlood

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 01, 2018, 03:09:49 pm
Between Ramsey crying about his photos and BJ complaining about no support during pro day training it appears the lack of having a staff in place is causing some hardships.  I feel for the players and is is not a good look on social media. 

You would think there would be plenty of support staff in place to take care of this stuff.

"Crying about photos....".?
Geez.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Dannyluvssonic

We need to cut them some slack.  They are used to being coddled and served peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Culture shock.

King Kong

Quote from: Dannyluvssonic on January 01, 2018, 03:28:21 pm
We need to cut them some slack.  They are used to being coddled and served peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Culture shock.

And told how great they were in that comeback win against Coastal Carolina

ricepig

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 01, 2018, 03:09:49 pm

Photos??

Pork Ranger

Can someone post the tweets/photos in reference?

3kgthog

I agree about the coddled part. They are all in for a rude awakening come spring ball. I suspect some of the children that are left on the roster won't still be on the roster when the dust settles.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

checkraiser88

HamboFirstBlood

Definitely #Uncommon

TNhawgfan

It wasn't all pb and j, they were served lobster 4 times
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

IronMountainHog

BJ as in BiJon Jackson? Pro day lol.

jgphillips3

Soft...time to put the hammer down.

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

26.2Hog

Also OL used to flying first cabin. 

Kneph13

Boo Hoo Hoo, kick the crybabies off the team.
There is no Political Correctness in war

Danimal

Pork Ranger

This thread is useless, nothing to see here

PonderinHog

Where's CCM, out looking for their replacements ???

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Pork Ranger on January 01, 2018, 03:47:53 pm
This thread is useless, nothing to see here
I disagree, it shows the mindset of coddled, pampered, crybabies who would rather air their complaints on social media than take it up in person with the new administration. Ramsey's issue can be resolved in one day. Jackson's will take a little longer as he needs to drop about 60 pounds.

RebelW

If he made more plays, it wouldn't be so hard to find good pictures

AirWarren

Whiney and weak.

What's been wrong with us for 5 years Now.

TNhawgfan

BJ brought up a good point he never considered before he was in this position. RR, on the other hand, his tweets are definitely on the weak side
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

SooieGeneris

Much ado about very little. I agree the players have been spoiled and coddled in many ways, but I don't think they are crying or being unreasonable necessarily.

They just need to understand that in the early stages of a regime change, with about half a staff or less, that there is going to be some transition. I don't think they are trashing UA, no need to trash them.

They are millennials after all, it is unbelievable the sense of entitlement that is so pervasive today, they are just a reflection of that and it's not really their fault. They grew up in an age of "participation trophies" and the like, it comes to be expected.

It's time for them to man up and join the Real World, though..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Program made promises to these guys that are owed as long as they are on campus. Can't let them fall between the cracks.

Hogman2

Not allowing  graduating seniors  to work out!  Not taking care of apartment payments? Anyone know anything?

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: Hogman2 on January 01, 2018, 06:51:38 pm
Not allowing  graduating seniors  to work out!  Not taking care of apartment payments? Anyone know anything?

Couple of Hogs on twitter talking about the new staff. Not a good look.

woo.pig

Has Morris not talked to the players on campus? They don't know who or how to get in contact with the staff? Graduating seniors don't have access to facilities? Not a good look Coach

a0ashle

Are you trying to stir up crap that isn't there? This isn't some lack of institutional control or some deep seated failure of philosophy.

onebadrubi

Quote from: a0ashle on January 01, 2018, 07:10:26 pm
Are you trying to stir up crap that isn't there? This isn't some lack of institutional control or some deep seated failure of philosophy.

What are you talking about?  There is actually something to this, but you jumped to conclusions based on agenda instead of actually looking at what Randy Ramsey might be saying.

Hogman2

Quote from: a0ashle on January 01, 2018, 07:10:26 pm
It is ON TWITTER!  It is THERE ON TWITTER! Just asking a legitimate question.

Snout team

My thread on this topic got sent to vents and rumors.  I would assume this is not the best way to endear yourself to the new staff.

Jackson is a senior.  No risk for him. Ramsey has a lot to lose.  Somebody close to him needs to get in his ear.

ricepig

The players complained about the same thing a couple of years ago, it has nothing to do with the coaching staff, it's a UofA administrative deal. Nobody gets a direct deposit, or check on New Year's Day, the campus opens back up tomorrow.

As to Sr's, same thing, the campus is closed, it opens back up tomorrow.

jcbville

Quote from: ricepig on January 01, 2018, 07:19:32 pm
The players complained about the same thing a couple of years ago, it has nothing to do with the coaching staff, it's a UofA administrative deal. Nobody gets a direct deposit, or check on New Year's Day, the campus opens back up tomorrow.

As to Sr's, same thing, the campus is closed, it opens back up tomorrow.

Lol Drama Queens gonna Drama

MORAZOR

Quote from: woo.pig on January 01, 2018, 07:05:34 pm
Has Morris not talked to the players on campus? They don't know who or how to get in contact with the staff? Graduating seniors don't have access to facilities? Not a good look Coach
You saw his initial meeting on Twitter and other outlets....that's the only contact the current players have had with any of the new staff

a0ashle

I know the tweets are real, I read the last thread on it. jumping to  "Not a good look coach" is the crap stirring. Transitions are difficult, things get confusing. Trying to extrapolate this beyond that, with how little info we have, is BS.

Hogman2

It sounds like we need the staff hired in order to eliminate this "lack of communication!"

SemperHawg

SIAP,

I thought this was a very interesting point.  And since this is Hogville I will preface with I in no way think this is a negative reflection on the new staff.  It is just something as Bijhon points out, that gets overlooked in all of the madness that is the coaching carousel.

https://twitter.com/BijhonJ/status/947932363446800384

Here is another one he put out a little later.

https://twitter.com/BijhonJ/status/947986688042852352

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I knew it was just a matter of time before this got posted. Randy Ramsey is apparently experiencing some issues as well
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hoggusamoungus

Several threads on this have been deleted or moved to trash.

colbs

Peoples tweeted she made contact with both of them.

hogcards

For those of us that don't have Twitter, what was said?
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

SemperHawg

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on January 02, 2018, 09:56:56 am
Several threads on this have been deleted or moved to trash.
I don't understand why, even Bijhon is saying he isn't trashing the university.  This is probably a problem at several schools that replaced coaches, even more so now with the pressure the new staff is under with the early signing period, things get lost in the shuffle.  I would be willing to bet CCM will have no problem helping him out when he can.

SemperHawg

Quote from: hogcards on January 02, 2018, 09:59:25 am
For those of us that don't have Twitter, what was said?
Bijhon is talking about not having any help training for his pro day.  We still don't have a Strength and Conditioning coach and he isn't in a financial position to hire one while Arkansas gets their coaching situation sorted out. 

hogcards

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 02, 2018, 10:01:35 am
Bijhon is talking about not having any help training for his pro day.  We still don't have a Strength and Conditioning coach and he isn't in a financial position to hire one while Arkansas gets their coaching situation sorted out.

Ooooh, not good.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

SemperHawg

Wow, this got trashed faster than bringing up Bielema's DUI did.  Not that Bielema isn't here I'm sure we can talk about his DUI right?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 02, 2018, 10:01:35 am
Going along those same lines, Randy Ramsey was talking about not having a highlight video to send to NFL teams/scouts. He said the former staff made it about halfway through before they were shown the door
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

pigture perfect

I am ashamed that I've never heard of this before, but it makes such common sense. I hope that they get the help they need. It's only fair.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"