Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clay Helton

Started by Seminole Indian, November 30, 2015, 10:25:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Rather ironic that the guy that set the chain of unlikely events in motion at A-State that got them where they are today, found a roundabout way to one of the top jobs in college football, the year they played each other.

His leaving as OC  under Roberts to take the job as QB coach at USC opened the door for Freeze, then Malzahn then Harsin and now Anderson and now him to become a HC.

Looks like divine intervention to me.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ArkILHog

Anderson will leave as well.  Success at Jonesboro means a quick jump to a school that...well....matters.  I feel bad for ASU. 

Seminole Indian

That just the way the world works and don't think the folks at ASU mind at all as long as  "success" is the catalyst for the move.

If a school wants to pay the 3 million up front to get Anderson, ASU would probably deliver him to their doorstep themselves......at no cost, then hire the next hot-shot.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Big Boi

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 30, 2015, 10:25:45 am
Rather ironic that the guy that set the chain of unlikely events in motion at A-State that got them where they are today, found a roundabout way to one of the top jobs in college football, the year they played each other.

His leaving as OC  under Roberts to take the job as QB coach at USC opened the door for Freeze, then Malzahn then Harsin and now Anderson and now him to become a HC.

Looks like divine intervention to me.
Thanks for sharing!

Lanny

ASTATE has done a wonderful job showing how to keep building a program changing coaches
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy