Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here is some good news

Started by vandybuff, March 11, 2019, 11:20:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vandybuff

Exxon said recently that they soon can make a 10% gross profit from Permian oil at $35/bbl.  Life is good.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

woodrow hog call

That does sound good. Did they say what their net would be, or is that somewhat dependent on where it goes to a refinery at?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Biggus Piggus

Gross profit is after the cost of production. Refinery margin is different. That's an impressively low cost of production. It's the Permian; oil sands might have a $40-60/bbl cost of production.
[CENSORED]!

onebadrubi

Quote from: vandybuff on March 11, 2019, 11:20:17 am
Exxon said recently that they soon can make a 10% gross profit from Permian oil at $35/bbl.  Life is good.

Got a link by chance?

That is really really low, but not all that suprising to me.  This last oil boom round that started almost 2 years ago, the rumors in the industry was money could be made at 40-45/bbl.  We peaked at or around 75 for a very short while, I really thought we would see 80-90 but it didn't get there and doesn't look like it will.

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 11, 2019, 12:54:06 pm
Got a link by chance?

That is really really low, but not all that suprising to me.  This last oil boom round that started almost 2 years ago, the rumors in the industry was money could be made at 40-45/bbl.  We peaked at or around 75 for a very short while, I really thought we would see 80-90 but it didn't get there and doesn't look like it will.

It's my understanding that when they hit sprinkles, it brought the cost/bbl way down.

vandybuff

Makin me work, I see.

ExxonMobil's investments in the Permian basin are expected to produce double-digit returns, even at low oil prices. At a $35/bbl oil price, for example, Permian production will have an average return of more than 10%.

== from ==>  world oil - march 05, 2019.  https://www.worldoil.com/news/2019/3/5/exxonmobil-to-accelerate-permian-production-by-80

vandybuff

Quote from: ricepig on March 11, 2019, 01:48:54 pm
It's my understanding that when they hit sprinkles, it brought the cost/bbl way down.

+1 .... isn't that a cute ad?  'I got cones'.  hahahaha!