Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you had $20k to play with...

Started by "Boar", November 28, 2016, 10:38:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: razorbrock on October 20, 2017, 06:49:28 pm
Very well stated, V8D.  It's like bricklaying on steroids.  Just keep setting the bricks, in steady increments, and when you least expect it, you'll discover an additional 20% of your work has been completed for you--then another 20%--then another.  Finally, the bricks start magically setting themselves.
Thanks for the analogy....hadn't thought of it precisely that way.

longbore

October 20, 2017, 07:45:19 pm #101 Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:02:42 am by longbore
Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 20, 2017, 07:36:16 pm
Nah, when they saw you walk in the door they removed theirs. Figured things couldn't get any worse though.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: longbore on October 20, 2017, 07:45:19 pm
Wasn't me...lol... I'm jus a fat Cheetos fingered slob on a mobile device...a bonofide know nothing...meatloaf mom...now!
Unfortunately and I hate to break it to you, 'fraid it was. They have you as one of their new and most valued client.

longbore

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 20, 2017, 07:49:27 pm
Unfortunately and I hate to break it to you, 'fraid it was. They have you as one of their new and most valued client.

I thank them for there market making then...lol

longbore

October 20, 2017, 08:04:31 pm #104 Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:03:55 am by longbore
Scammy...

longbore

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 20, 2017, 07:32:33 pm
I've merely stated what my profession was for over forty years-nothing more, nothing less. And as a matter of full disclosure I've been quite upfront that I'm not the perfect investor, that I've made my fair share of mistakes; can't say the same about you, however. In case you're not aware/or need to be reminded this is a public discussion site; this particular area just happens to involve investments.

Tell you what though: since you apparently don't care for my comments/posts, which is certainly you're right, how about exercising that same choice and not bother reading and/or responding? We'll see if YOU can exercise the same discipline of  non posting as you've challenged me to do. And while we're at it how about posting some of your......ummm....not so      successful investment ventures. Oh yeah, that's right all we hear is your tripe concerning all the great "winners" you've had scalping a penny or two a share off those 1,000 share trades. Now THAT will really make you a Rockefeller...in four or five millennia.

Okay...go back and very carefully read the OP and then read my first post in this thread.
Then go read your first few post in this thread...lol

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: longbore on October 20, 2017, 08:44:02 pm
Okay...go back and very carefully read the OP and then read my first post in this thread.
Then go read your first few post in this thread...lol
Well at least my experience is measured in years. Not 30 minutes like your "expertise". Oh yeah, one thing you might not realize- as far as the OTC markets there are actually stocks like AMZN, AAPL, GOOGL. NVDA and many others...you know, companies who actually make money both for themselves AND their shareholders. I realize this comes as a real shock, however, they do exist. Might want to check it out.

longbore

October 20, 2017, 09:00:20 pm #107 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:04:45 pm by longbore
Its been fun trading pzoo,nphc, and usei the last few months...

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: longbore on October 20, 2017, 09:00:20 pm
Ginny I've only been playing Otc stocks a few years now. My worst loss was about 3k...another was 2.4k with several smaller losses over the years. I opened this account specifically for otc plays....it's all I play with this account

Those losses don't bother me as much as missing out on big runners where I was well position to make serious money in hindsight....always hindsight...

I opened this account with only 4.2k... I cashed out over 21,000$ last 30days.
Well, as I said if you really have a winner the longer you let 'em run the better chance you have of making  really serious money. And that's NOT in hindsight.

HiggiePiggy

Well I am about to have 15k. I'm wanting to build up some long term dividend stocks. Wanting to hit every month so need to find stocks that have different quarters.  Any suggestions?  Looking at long term stocks. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

longbore

October 20, 2017, 09:36:49 pm #110 Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 06:09:34 pm by longbore
Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 20, 2017, 09:29:01 pm
Well, as I said if you really have a winner the longer you let 'em run the better chance you have of making  really serious money. And that's NOT in hindsight.

Good sound advice...

Vantage 8 dude

October 20, 2017, 09:46:13 pm #111 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 10:00:40 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: longbore on October 20, 2017, 09:36:49 pm
As you know one rarely picks the bottom or top entry and exit points...but never miss an opportunity to display your expertise...

Thanks for the advice expert...
I've never claimed that I've tried to pick either the bottom or top.  That's exactly why the willingness to take a longer time perspective makes the importance of trying to do so far less important. A huge advantages of such. So your reading comprehension really needs work.

longbore

October 20, 2017, 10:26:59 pm #112 Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:05:15 am by longbore
Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 20, 2017, 09:46:13 pm
I've never claimed that I've tried to pick either the bottom or top.  That's exactly why the willingness to take a longer time perspective makes the importance of trying to do so far less important. A huge advantages of such. So your reading comprehension really needs work.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: longbore on October 20, 2017, 10:26:59 pm
Another challenge for you vinny...try to make a weeks worth of post without going back and editing them...lol
You worry about your tripe, no need to worry about what I have to say. Then again, we can play this game all night long, all weekend long and even into next week. So you tell me when you'd like to stop playing and I'm sure everyone else on here will be more than happy we've both signed off. 

On second thought I'll do my part and say adios. Go argue with yourself and have fun doing it....

longbore

October 20, 2017, 11:25:10 pm #114 Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:05:52 am by longbore
Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 20, 2017, 10:45:23 pm
You worry about your tripe, no need to worry about what I have to say. Then again, we can play this game all night long, all weekend long and even into next week. So you tell me when you'd like to stop playing and I'm sure everyone else on here will be more than happy we've both signed off. 

On second thought I'll do my part and say adios. Go argue with yourself and have fun doing it.

longbore

I totally understand why people who play sub penny stocks would never admit to doing  so on an open forum like hogville....

longbore

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 20, 2017, 09:29:01 pm

I commented about people being too smart to make money in the otc earlier... This is prime example....I give two shitz about winners or losers in the long consistent run...

longbore

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 20, 2017, 09:34:56 pm
Well I am about to have 15k. I'm wanting to build up some long term dividend stocks. Wanting to hit every month so need to find stocks that have different quarters.  Any suggestions?  Looking at long term stocks.

Go ask an expert...

longbore

October 22, 2017, 05:20:45 am #118 Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:06:45 am by longbore
Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 20, 2017, 07:32:33 pm
I've merely stated what my profession was for over forty years-nothing more, nothing less. And as a matter of full disclosure I've been quite upfront that I'm not the perfect investor, that I've made my fair share of mistakes; can't say the same about you, however. In case you're not aware/or need to be reminded this is a public discussion site; this particular area just happens to involve investments.

Tell you what though: since you apparently don't care for my comments/posts, which is certainly you're right, how about exercising that same choice and not bother reading and/or responding? We'll see if YOU can exercise the same discipline of  non posting as you've challenged me to do. And while we're at it how about posting some of your......ummm....not so      successful investment ventures. Oh yeah, that's right all we hear is your tripe concerning all the great "winners" you've had scalping a penny or two a share off those 1,000 share trades. Now THAT will really make you a Rockefeller...in four or five millennia.

longbore

October 22, 2017, 05:56:25 am #119 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:11:44 am by longbore
Fast money sucks...

longbore

October 22, 2017, 05:59:48 am #120 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:10:51 am by longbore
i trade sub penny stocks...nuff said!

longbore

October 22, 2017, 06:05:26 am #121 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:09:32 am by longbore
Give to those you love when they need it...not just when your gone...

longbore

October 22, 2017, 06:09:13 am #122 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:07:55 am by longbore
your financial planner makes a payday when you die..
This is very true...

longbore

October 22, 2017, 06:23:46 am #123 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 05:40:48 pm by longbore
What you don't know won't piss you off...lol

longbore

October 22, 2017, 06:47:32 am #124 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 05:27:07 pm by longbore
Non-fiduciary really means non-fiduciary....

longbore

October 22, 2017, 06:50:26 am #125 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:07:10 am by longbore
everybody lies when come to money...

longbore

October 22, 2017, 12:46:47 pm #126 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:06:07 am by longbore
Penny stocks rewl...

longbore

October 22, 2017, 01:35:17 pm #127 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:09:18 pm by longbore
Wanna lose...invest in penny stocks...

longbore

October 22, 2017, 01:58:44 pm #128 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:05:32 am by longbore
Penny stocks rool...

Vantage 8 dude

longbore, didn't think it was possible, however, you've once again set another new low for "journalistic" standards. Let's see here. Since you challenged me Friday last to no longer post you've obviously forgotten to adhere to your own tough standards. No less than fifteen-yep, 15-posts to yourself; and at least seven-7-of those answering your own ramblings (primarily from earlier today). Boy, now that really adds some value to this whole forum. Even that wouldn't be so bad IF you were actually saying something either intelligent or coherent.

Oh, one last thing: please don't try to bring attention with your sad, pathetic attempts to impress with some ill advised Shakespearean level usage of the King's English. Come on, "obtuse" ??? I mean do you really have to rely on HIM in a feeble attempt to impress us with your vocabulary? Be aware that on some folks it comes off as genuine; for others it's merely inappropriate. For you it comes off as both shallow and lame. Then again, why should that be surprising.

longbore

October 22, 2017, 02:52:43 pm #130 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:04:35 am by longbore
Quote from: longbore on October 20, 2017, 06:38:38 pm
Here's a challenge vanny...see if you can go a months worth of post without having to tell people what a financial expert you are...lol

Never challenged you to not post...lol

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: longbore on October 22, 2017, 02:52:43 pm
Never challenged you to not post...lol
So offended and triggered your intelligence suffers..
You are not competent in math or reading comprehension..
you are dumb....
Keep posting such and you're only reinforcing my points.

longbore

October 22, 2017, 02:55:40 pm #132 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:04:00 am by longbore
its all a guess...

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: longbore on October 22, 2017, 02:55:40 pm
Just to let anyone know who may read or might of read my earlier post on this board...
I'm a dumbass and I have the test scores to back it up...
Well AT LAST you're not only speaking intelligently, but truthfully as well. I just knew there was hope even for you.

longbore

October 22, 2017, 03:04:32 pm #134 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:03:09 am by longbore
trust me never...

longbore

October 22, 2017, 03:05:27 pm #135 Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:09:43 am by longbore
Penny stock player...

longbore

October 22, 2017, 03:10:34 pm #136 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:00:21 am by longbore
square peg round hole...

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: longbore on October 22, 2017, 03:10:34 pm
Come on you idiot... Admit it you had to google obtuse. Hahahahahah
Not at all. However, I'm not that one's who's been trying to impress everyone despite your third grade education.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: longbore on October 22, 2017, 03:04:32 pm
That's rite folks I've got 30 35 or 40 years of dumbass expertise...
So again, you're stressing your dumbass expertise. No need 'cause we've all figured that out well before now. No need to keep repeating it.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: longbore on October 22, 2017, 03:05:27 pm
Not counting dads of course...
Well I can understand why you'd be sensitive about the subject of dads. I know who mine is at least so there's that huge difference as well.

majestic

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 22, 2017, 06:36:49 pm
Well I can understand why you'd be sensitive about the subject of dads. I know who mine is at least so there's that huge difference as well.
You should probably ignore this dude. I don't think anything is gained by these jabs and counters. I do like to read your posts in here. Let it go.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: majestic on October 22, 2017, 07:44:34 pm
You should probably ignore this dude. I don't think anything is gained by these jabs and counters. I do like to read your posts in here. Let it go.
Thanks, and of course you're right. I shouldn't try talking sense to a wall.

Vantage 8 adds a lot to this board. i've made some money on COOL and am thinking about getting back in. But his posts make me think. Even if you don't agree with him, I don't see the need to clog up the board with so many posts.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Karma on October 25, 2017, 08:35:49 pm
Vantage 8 adds a lot to this board. i've made some money on COOL and am thinking about getting back in. But his posts make me think. Even if you don't agree with him, I don't see the need to clog up the board with so many posts.
Karma, thanks and I'm glad you were able to make some change on COOL. It seems to have settled down into a trading range from the lower 20s to around $27-28. Still believes it offers some opportunity to make some additional money over time. As their medical products, particularly the ones dealing the skin repair procedures gain wide acceptance they continue to do well. BTW they're obviously content on being a "one hit wonder" when it comes to medical products. There are some other things that will hopefully gain additional approvals over the coming months.

BTW don't fall asleep on RADA. Stock seems to have established a fairly narrow range of around $3.35-$3.60. Often the longer it trades in a narrow price band means the stock might be gathering it's legs for another move higher. Obviously with the stock holding its own here there is some accumulation of the equity.

Good luck on any of your future investing ventures.

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 25, 2017, 11:21:22 pm
Karma, thanks and I'm glad you were able to make some change on COOL. It seems to have settled down into a trading range from the lower 20s to around $27-28. Still believes it offers some opportunity to make some additional money over time. As their medical products, particularly the ones dealing the skin repair procedures gain wide acceptance they continue to do well. BTW they're obviously content on being a "one hit wonder" when it comes to medical products. There are some other things that will hopefully gain additional approvals over the coming months.

BTW don't fall asleep on RADA. Stock seems to have established a fairly narrow range of around $3.35-$3.60. Often the longer it trades in a narrow price band means the stock might be gathering it's legs for another move higher. Obviously with the stock holding its own here there is some accumulation of the equity.

Good luck on any of your future investing ventures.

Thanks man. I'll take a look.

"Boar"

Put it in hertz. Lost about a 3rd of it in two weeks...sold it and bought Apple. Pig Souiee. Sold that about a month ago and put in a vanguard index fund.

tasteslikechicken

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 20, 2017, 09:34:56 pm

Realty Income (O) pays every month, has about a 4.6% yield at current $56 price. Price stays pretty consistent between $54-60.

razorbrock

Quote from: tasteslikechicken on November 16, 2017, 08:52:47 am
Realty Income (O) pays every month, has about a 4.6% yield at current $56 price. Price stays pretty consistent between $54-60.

Thx for the info.  Welltower, Inc. (HCN) is another.  Pays quarterly, but yield was recently bumped to 5.15%.  It's currently $8 off it's 12mo high, trading at $68.  Both O and HCN demonstrate excellent backtest results to 2007.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: razorbrock on November 16, 2017, 09:50:08 am
Thx for the info.  Welltower, Inc. (HCN) is another.  Pays quarterly, but yield was recently bumped to 5.15%.  It's currently $8 off it's 12mo high, trading at $68.  Both O and HCN demonstrate excellent backtest results to 2007.
Many folks realize that REITs are often "hammered" when the Fed begins to move to tighten interest rates. The supposed reasons is that the yield on treasuries and other fixed income investments will begin to compete more effectively with other income alternatives such as utilities and REITS; the borrowing costs of these companies will also rise. However, what's interesting and what many investors miss is that in reality often the better quality real estate companies actually RISE during such times (certainly they tend to do so over the long run). IMO any pull back in the group such be viewed as an opportunity to SELECTIVELY initiate or add to REITs.

Vantage, any concern about COOL being deficient on listing requirements?