Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grandpa has let Slugger go

Started by ImHogginIt, May 22, 2017, 05:24:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

Had to be because Slugger was a crappy crew chief and nothing to do with RCR equipment or douc.he nozzle's talent as a racer  ;D

str8volfan

you gotta admit, Slugger doesnt stay anywhere long. That was always my question with Steve Addington. Dude won wherever he was at, but never stayed long anywhere. Gotta wonder if its because they wouldnt bow down to the driver in an argument.

Buff

Slugger Labbe has had a good career as a car chief and crew chief.  For being "only" 48, he's been with a lot of greats.

str8volfan

Quote from: Buff on May 22, 2017, 08:20:26 pm
Slugger Labbe has had a good career as a car chief and crew chief.  For being "only" 48, he's been with a lot of greats.
has 2 Daytona 500's if Im not mistaken.

Buff

-Car chief for Terry Labonte in '96 - championship.
-Crew chief during Kenny Irwin, Jr.'s Rookie of the Year season
-3 wins and 1 Daytona 500 with DEI, as Michael Waltrip's crew chief.  That's like, 9 wins with most other drivers.
-Got Menard the Brickyard 400 in 2011.

But yeah, Austin Dillon just deserved a better crew chief.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on May 22, 2017, 07:38:14 pm
you gotta admit, Slugger doesnt stay anywhere long. That was always my question with Steve Addington. Dude won wherever he was at, but never stayed long anywhere. Gotta wonder if its because they wouldnt bow down to the driver in an argument.

The way Dillon berates his spotters and crew chief on the radio makes me sick. I want to see him slam into the wall at each race. I also want to frick his gf while he watches and I gotta a feeling he would enjoy that as much as me  ;D

str8volfan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 22, 2017, 09:21:34 pm
The way Dillon berates his spotters and crew chief on the radio makes me sick. I want to see him slam into the wall at each race. I also want to frick his gf while he watches and I gotta a feeling he would enjoy that as much as me  ;D
Id like to beat his ass to death with that stupid [CENSORED] cowboy hat.

hawginbigd1

Lots of hate for the Dillon boys, I think a bit much, I am no fan seem a little douchey to me, but I think both have shown they belong. I mean the 13 car is running better than it ever has, and Austin runs on par or better than Newman. Jr. Would love to be running as good as Austin. I mean you want to beat up on someone who hasn't earned it or doesn't belong try Danica. Like I said not a fan, but both have proven to be talented drivers. RCR is not a top tier organization anymore.

Racinray

Sorry, but Austin is a far cry from being as good as Newman. I do agree with you on Danica.

riccoar

No way a Dillon is better than Newman.  And I get Danica has earned a lot on name and looks, but she can drive.  These last couple races she's started showing the speed.  Open wheel racers have struggled in NASCAR outside of road courses.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: riccoar on May 24, 2017, 06:43:39 am
No way a Dillon is better than Newman.  And I get Danica has earned a lot on name and looks, but she can drive.  These last couple races she's started showing the speed.  Open wheel racers have struggled in NASCAR outside of road courses.
Agreed I was not insinuating he is as good or better than Newman. I said he has been running as  good or better.