Previous topic - Next topic

ARoutdoorsman

Pearl out a Tenn., Per 5news

cashmoneyman_04

Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

OrvilleRedenporker

RT @GaryParrishCBS: UT has officially decided to part ways with Bruce Pearl. Formal announcement could come as early as today.
Twitter - seconds ago

Not a link...but close...

ARoutdoorsman

No link, just heard from John on Sports Talk on my5.2

cashmoneyman_04

Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

Smithian

Ok, Jeff Long.

Your move.

We have competition on the job market.

idochog

Tenner will def. drive the price up to 2.5.

Sexton will soon have tweets reporting MA a candidate for that job.

If I was Tenner, I would hire Shaka

I love Jesus!

Kevin

sexton on the phone now with tenn.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BR

Espn's Chis Low on facebook,  is now reporting that Bruce Pearl has been fired.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tennessee-Fire-Mike-Hamilton-Now/130935056957795
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

WilsonHog

Quote from: Smithian on March 21, 2011, 01:21:21 pm
Ok, Jeff Long.

Your move.

That makes the cheese a little more binding.

HeartlandHOG

i would love to get bruce pearl up on the hill.

The Hogfather

Uh oh....

Just hire Gregg Marshall for $1.4 million and be done with it.

hawgchill

Quote from: ARoutdoorsman on March 21, 2011, 01:13:31 pm
Pearl out a Tenn., Per 5news
One of the 5 BEST Coaches in the college game imo...
SHAME if we don't at least "look into" his situation.
He's made mistakes, so have MOST of us too.

PEARL is HIGH LEVEL as a coach though (Plays "OUR" way)

Just sayin'

idochog

Quote from: HeartlandHOG on March 21, 2011, 01:22:50 pm

-100 if I could, he's a cheater
I love Jesus!

ben HOGan

Tennessee fired him because the NCAA was going to suspend him for year. Tennessee didn't want to deal with that. And neither should we.

hawgchill

Quote from: idochog on March 21, 2011, 01:24:37 pm
-100 if I could, he's a cheater
Not the ONLY one of those my friend. NOT by far.

He coaches and motivates, and recruits as well as ANYbody not named CaliFAIRY.

That's ALL that matters to me

LR Hog

Tenner has NCAA sanction baggage.  No established coach is going to touch that job.  An up and comer like Marshall or Shaka would jump all over it though. 
Like a boss.

jgcat4

Quote from: HeartlandHOG on March 21, 2011, 01:22:50 pm

Please step away from the crack pipe.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

HeartlandHOG

well you obviously know nothing about the game. sure you would have been happy with failfree remaining as the head hog. 

hawgchill

Quote from: jgcat4 on March 21, 2011, 01:27:56 pm

Please step away from the crack pipe.
YOU stay AWAY from the meth/crack Jerry "Faldwell"....

Pearl would immediatley get US BACK to prominence.
Public "interest/memory" is fleeeting to say the least.
He's worth a "LOOK" at least imo

ke2743

Please no Pearl to Arkansas talks.. There is a reason he's being canned at Tenner and it's not because he couldn't win games.

The Hogfather

Quote from: LR Hog on March 21, 2011, 01:27:26 pm
Tenner has NCAA sanction baggage.  No established coach is going to touch that job.  An up and comer like Marshall or Shaka would jump all over it though. 

I'm praying they don't end up with Marshall if we don't hire him.  That would be a nightmare.

Break & Run

I don't think that Marshall would win a lot for a few years...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

brigibby1

Good.  Pearl's a scumbag (albeit a good coach) and the SEC just got a little easier.

The Hogfather

Quote from: THE BAND GEEK on March 21, 2011, 01:42:13 pm
I don't think that Marshall would win a lot for a few years...

Totally disagree.  I think most of the guys we've been talking about would win a lot of games next season, with the talent we have (depending on how all of it plays out---if current players leave or recruits don't make it/come).

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Break & Run

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 21, 2011, 01:50:32 pm
Totally disagree.  I think most of the guys we've been talking about would win a lot of games next season, with the talent we have (depending on how all of it plays out---if current players leave or recruits don't make it/come).

Guess I should have quoted you; I meant at Tennessee...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

HawgPound

Even with NCAA sanctions coming to TENN our search just got more difficult.

HogFan219

Quote from: Smithian on March 21, 2011, 01:21:21 pm
Ok, Jeff Long.

Your move.

That is true, but what makes it a little better in our favor is that UT's AD might be canned, too. Add that to looming multiple NCAA investigations (lack of institutional control?), and it would be hard for UT to compete with UA in a coaching search. What decent coach would want to go to a place with that many negatives, not a whole lot of talent returning if Hopson and Harris declare for the NBA, etc.?

I think we're in a much better position IMHO.

The Hogfather

Quote from: THE BAND GEEK on March 21, 2011, 01:53:03 pm
Guess I should have quoted you; I meant at Tennessee...

OOOOOOOOOOOOh.  You're probably right.  Recruits might be wary of going to UT with the NCAA hanging over their heads, etc.

I think Marshall would step right in here and win right away.

I think once he got UT going, he could win big there.

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Razorpigg

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 21, 2011, 01:23:19 pm
Uh oh....

Just hire Gregg Marshall for $1.4 million and be done with it.

I would go for that today.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Some of their comments are like the comments on this board. So and so won't come here (Tennessee) besides I don't want him.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Sivad

Not good. We may have diddled too long with this Mike Anderson foolishness and lost Buzz.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

I like your style SIVAD.  Totally agree.  Too many coach openings have happened since Pel's departure, we are over a week into the search and so far the "home-run" hires seem to be slipping away.  Expect to see some of our "short list" move on to TENN, GT, and OU.  Already saw Billy Clyde head to TT... knew he really would've liked to coach here, (take all the drunk jokes elsewhere, the guy can coach and recruit!) but seems we're searching for that diamond in the rough which may not exist.
Quote from: Sivad on March 21, 2011, 02:17:43 pm
Not good. We may have diddled too long with this Mike Anderson foolishness and lost Buzz.

The Realist

Some of you are probably overstating ncaa effects...not everyone demands a 3 year pass for probation. UT was basically told by the ncaa to get rid of pearl and receive a slap on the wrist or keep him and get the banhammer.
Anyone with their head on straight and who gets the information before being hired will be fine going into that job. Most are guessing 1 schollie reduction and probation.  And ut's next ad is within the house and most believe he does more for ut than hamilton anyway. Hamilton is on borrowed time. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

razoredge178

Quote from: ke2743 on March 21, 2011, 01:38:35 pm
Please no Pearl to Arkansas talks.. There is a reason he's being canned at Tenner and it's not because he couldn't win games.

So he forgot he had a bbq for recruits? Only difference in him and everyone else is he got caught.

The Realist

Lawrence frank could get a look there.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

tiber

Don't worry, Pearl will have more time to enjoy his other hobbies -

vandybuff

But sadly the A. D. and UT - Knoxville chancellor are still there.  People who are complicity in lying - sacrificing the reputation of your institution that nearly forty-thousand students pay dearly to attend and now are a laughing stock - should also be terminated.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

The Realist

Ut talking heads are now saying hamilton tried to save pearl til the end and the chancellor pulled an executive decision leading to a big confrontation between the two today. Obviously cheek won.
Childs, Gregory.

The Hog

So what is left at UT?  The entire staff was fired.  Not just Pearl.
Automatic RUN!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

QuoteOnly two things end a coaching career -- losing and death.

Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net