Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brian Buehner

Started by ADAM_713, April 16, 2011, 04:43:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADAM_713

April 16, 2011, 04:43:31 pm Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 04:46:24 pm by IdontgiveAdam_713
Who is this guy, and where is he from?  Looking legit.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

The Great Hambino

No idea. There is a Brian Buehner that is a 4th string walk-on for the hogs though.

hoghearted

I thought the espn guys said from Louisville
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

aar0n

He's probably one of those kids who was extremely good in high school but colleges didn't want him because he was too small. 

ADAM_713

Quote from: aar0n on April 16, 2011, 04:45:30 pm
He's probably one of those kids who was extremely good in high school but colleges didn't want him because he was too small. 

That is what I was thinking.  I don't remember us recruiting him.
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

HawgPound

Fire Tyler Wilson.    ;D

MM-gohogs

aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

Jdub

Looks like a capable backup to me.  All he has done is lead his 2 drives for touchdowns.

phoggy

Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

ADAM_713

Quote from: Jdub on April 16, 2011, 04:59:16 pm
Don't think that is a a$$.  But it is a hat.  :)

I am probably going to get warned for that hat.
true story...

Jdub

It's offical, I think Buenher needs to be named 2nd string QB.

ADAM_713

Quote from: Jdub on April 16, 2011, 05:11:36 pm

Looked pretty good for walk on. 
true story...

Bacons Rebellion

There have been times -- 1976, 1991, 2000 -- that we have really needed a capable 4th team quarterback.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on April 16, 2011, 06:28:43 pm
There have been times -- 1976, 1991, 2000 -- that we have really needed a capable 4th team quarterback.
Not sure he'll be 4th team after today.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: AngryBeaver on April 16, 2011, 08:10:52 pm
Why are so many people acting like Mitchell's gonna move DOWN on the depth chart?  He's had a great spring.  Just a poor outing in the Red/White game.  Too much hatin' on Brandon.  Be better fans.
Good post.   
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Dances With Hogs

He looks damn good to walk in there and do what he did. :razorback:

Theolesnort

You guys are missing the real news. Jacoby Walker. Looks to me he is regaining what he had lost and then some.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Jimbob111

Walker looked good...but you gotta give Beuhner his props.  He looked really good.  Or rather, he didn't screw up or run the ball...

All jokes aside, he did make good decisions and I heard he was a walk-on but then, so was Burlsworth, right?

I'm not worried about QB with Petrino in charge.  But I'm not real worried about any single position with him in charge because Petrino DEVELOPS players, both offensive and defensive.   

He took the oft-maligned Casey Dick and turned him into the Razorbacks 3rd all time passer (at the time).  Enough said.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

arkmark

Buehner is a kid out of St Xavier HS, Louisville, Ky.  CBS MaxPrep had St. Xavier as their number 16 team nationally and number 1 in Kentucky.  In his senior year he passed for about 1500 yards, completed just under 60% with 9 TDs and 2 Ints.  Ran for about 260 yards.  Stats are good but not great and may answer why he was a walkon.  Being from Louisville may point to why he would walk on with the Hogs to get under CPB.

atekido

well all i know is a Much larger Defender wasnt able to put him to the ground on the initial hit.  I like the kid.  he was Making Exccelent reads.  you could see his head looking all over the field and he seems to like to run if nothing else is there. short or not.  he was cool as a cucumber.

razorbackkid

5'11" 164 lbs.?  Is that what I heard?  Or am I thinking of myself?
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Hawgfan5

Quote from: Theolesnort on April 16, 2011, 09:12:17 pm
You guys are missing the real news. Jacoby Walker. Looks to me he is regaining what he had lost and then some.

I tend to agree with you on this. TW was really good just like we thought. BM was strugling and JW was excelling. JW is the story from today as far as QBs go. I was however very impressed with my first sighting of Beuhner. But the biggest surprise was JW. I think BM is still 2nd string though. He just had a bad game and lots of dropped passes.

BigPapaHawg

He did look pretty good today for a walk on.
WOO PIG

cerdoman

According to today's performance(In my opining) 1. Wilson 2 Walker 2b Buehner 3 Mitchell.  Wilson made one great throw and so did Walker. I miss Mallett already.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: atekido on April 16, 2011, 11:15:54 pm
well all i know is a Much larger Defender wasnt able to put him to the ground on the initial hit.  I like the kid.  he was Making Exccelent reads.  you could see his head looking all over the field and he seems to like to run if nothing else is there. short or not.  he was cool as a cucumber.
When you look at the replay, he was hit back into another player, which is why he didn't go down.  That being said, he played some excellent football today (yesterday now).  I was very impressed with him.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

BPsTheMan

Quote from: IdontgiveAdam_713 on April 16, 2011, 04:43:31 pm
Who is this guy, and where is he from?  Looking legit.

Head Coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks - Year 2030

XX

Brian Buehner
5'11 186

Courtesy: Athletic Media Relations
Release: 04/06/2011

2010: He worked with the UA scout team while redshirting.

HIGH SCHOOL: Buehner quarterbacked Saint Xavier High School to the 2009 Kentucky Class 6A state championship, outpacing Trinity High School 34-10 in the title game. That season, he passed for more than 1,000 yards with nine touchdowns while directing the Tigers to a 14-1 record. Saint Xavier, coached by Mike Glaser, made the state semifinals in 2008 and earned a state runner-up finish in 2007. Buehner also played tennis for the Tigers.

PERSONAL: Born Aug. 27, 1991, he is the son of Rick and Vicki Buehner. His father played football for Notre Dame (1977-78) and Kentucky (1979-81). He is enrolled in the Walton College of Business and majoring in marketing.
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

Man_O_Pork

Was our 3rd-4th team D in against Buehner?  I didn't pay attention to the defensive players who were in at the time, but if it wasn't 1st or 2nd team guys, I wouldn't put too much stock in it to move him up in the depth chart.

Also, our D didn't blitz, so the QBs didn't have to do any play recognition, checking out of plays, or identifying new hot routes/option routes, etc.

Having said all that, I was glad to see that our 4th string guy looked good during the Spring Game.  But, I have a feeling Petrino has him 4th on the depth chart for a reason.

XX

Quote from: Man_O_Pork on April 17, 2011, 12:27:03 pm
Was our 3rd-4th team D in against Buehner?  I didn't pay attention to the defensive players who were in at the time, but if it wasn't 1st or 2nd team guys, I wouldn't put too much stock in it to move him up in the depth chart.

Also, our D didn't blitz, so the QBs didn't have to do any play recognition, checking out of plays, or identifying new hot routes/option routes, etc.

Having said all that, I was glad to see that our 4th string guy looked good during the Spring Game.  But, I have a feeling Petrino has him 4th on the depth chart for a reason.

Brian may be 4th....but I'm not sure he got the memo.  After watching him play...I'm glad we have him as a back up.
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

The Great Hambino

This was the 3rd or 4th scrimmage. BM put up much better numbers in the other scrimmages. Everyone has bad days at practice. BM is still the number 2.

atekido

Quote from: PianoMo on April 17, 2011, 12:50:10 pm
This was the 3rd or 4th scrimmage. BM put up much better numbers in the other scrimmages. Everyone has bad days at practice. BM is still the number 2.

and Brandon choked and could not compose himself after the first interception.  Brian on the other hand got nailed.. got up and marched down the field for a TD.

Iwastherein1969

thank you !
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

Jacoby looks like he's put on 15 to 20 lbs of muscle since last season....the kid is going to figure in the plans of the future...I believe that 100 %
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

OptimusHog

Brian is a great guy And very dedicated to helpihg the Hogs. It was great to see him shine yesterday.

passinghog

Brian Buehner? Come on now, he's the reincarnation of Dowell Loggains. He has a role on this team and it won't be in playing any games.

HogYouVeryMuch

I guess it was Brian I saw at a practice this year.  I live in Texas and was up helping my step-daughter move in and was able to catch the morning workout.  Kid made a couple very impressive throws (at least to me) and I asked around but nobody seemed to know who he was.  I assume it was him, looked pretty small out there.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: AngryBeaver on April 16, 2011, 08:10:52 pm
Why are so many people acting like Mitchell's gonna move DOWN on the depth chart?  He's had a great spring.  Just a poor outing in the Red/White game.  Too much hatin' on Brandon.  Be better fans.

Not convincing. Not saying he should move down, but after watching him Saturday what is he doing to deserve the number 2 spot? Serious question btw. I wanna know, because I haven't been to any spring practices.

HogIT

He had a bunch of dropped passes. One int was a tip by WR while other two were just poor. He deserves it because he has been great all spring. Competition between Mitchell and Wilson for starting spot is real....even though it seems Wilson has it now.

If he is consistently making mistakes, then that is the time to drop him on depth chart....but one bad outing doesn't tell an entire story.
Follow Hogtrough on twitter: @hogtrough

Pigs Been Fly

yepper

Pigs Been Fly

Quote from: Man_O_Pork on April 17, 2011, 12:27:03 pm

think thats why people are beatin up on BM

ThrillaHog

Buehner looked good, but some are forgetting last year it was BM who looked great in the spring game, and TW who struggled. Buehner will not rise to higher than 4th on the depth chart. If you really believe that BM has dropped because of one bad scrimmage, you have no real knowledge of college football. Coach Petrinos son looked great in the spring game last year, he didn't move up one spot on the depth chart.

1. Tyler Wilson/Brandon Mitchell-Both have looked great and both have struggled. If one bad scrimmage drops you on the depth chart, than Jacoby Walker would be the starter.
2. Jacoby Walker

ThrillaHog

Quote from: Jdub on April 16, 2011, 05:11:36 pm
Thank god you don't make the QB decisions..

Pigs Been Fly

if you just have to go out & execute a "vanilla" offense w/no pressure & fail miserably........

i dunno everybody can have a bad day.

but that was as bad as anything i've ever seen.

i'm optimistic about BM.

but i think saturday shocked some people. think most of us thought he would come out & really make a case for consideration for possibly being the #1. atleast make it a topic of conversation until AUG.

but there's no question now. he may get more snaps in the fall (& rightfully so) but if couldn't beat out TW this spring IMO it means he'll never start @ the UofA.

HogIT

Tyler Wilson has a year over Brandon....he will get his time if he keeps it up.
Follow Hogtrough on twitter: @hogtrough

litmachog

And don't forget that things  can change in 4 months when Brandon Allen comes to campus.

ThrillaHog

April 18, 2011, 12:56:54 pm #47 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:58:49 pm by ThrillaHog
Quote from: Pigs Been Fly on April 18, 2011, 12:48:40 pm
if you just have to go out & execute a "vanilla" offense w/no pressure & fail miserably........

i dunno everybody can have a bad day.

but that was as bad as anything i've ever seen.

i'm optimistic about BM.

but i think saturday shocked some people. think most of us thought he would come out & really make a case for consideration for possibly being the #1. atleast make it a topic of conversation until AUG.

but there's no question now. he may get more snaps in the fall (& rightfully so) but if couldn't beat out TW this spring IMO it means he'll never start @ the UofA.

Ok, so what about all the other scrimmages where coach himself said BM played well and TW struggled? What about the spring game last year where TW struggled and BM made all the plays? There is no way to tell after one scrimmage. Your comment about him never starting a game here is completely ridiculous.

mckinneyhog5

I Just Brian Buehner...
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Pigs Been Fly

If you really believe that BM has dropped because of one bad scrimmage, you have no real knowledge of college football.

there is truth to this.....can't make any concrete conclusions on an exhibition.

TW didn't look great either. not sold on either TW or BM.

how good Allen is i dunno. if anything winning the #1 spot is going to increasingly harder for BM. there's a chance QB depth in the future is as good as the WR depth.....

just everybody was lookin for BM to make an argument that there's not just one QB on campus.

tyler & BM had both better hope the line holds up & the run game does it's thing.

after sat i'm not making any set in stone decisions but i certainly have more questions.....