Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Chicken Chili Recipe.....

Started by Boarcephus, December 31, 2010, 05:41:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Merry Christmas to you both cause I a way better cook thanks to you both.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarcephus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 13, 2017, 02:09:21 pm
Merry Christmas to you both cause I a way better cook thanks to you both.

:)  Did you ever get around to trying that Zatarain's Hot sauce? 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 13, 2017, 04:57:29 pm
:)  Did you ever get around to trying that Zatarain's Hot sauce? 

Yes and I might never buy Crystal or Louisiana Brand hot sauce again.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

With all this cold weather it a great time to make this dish.

DeltaBoy

This winter weather got me jonesing for some more Chicken Chili.

DeltaBoy

Bought the stuff for a half batch last night.  Saturday Night we will eat well.  I will serve it over Fritos in a Bowl with grated cheese.

DeltaBoy

Made it Sunday and Having some for Lunch at work today.

99toLife

My wife has 4 different White Chicken Chili recipes and ALL are bad ass good ( according to many folks ) in their own way.  I need to hit her up so I can post on here. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: 99toLife on February 26, 2018, 11:10:02 am
My wife has 4 different White Chicken Chili recipes and ALL are bad ass good ( according to many folks ) in their own way.  I need to hit her up so I can post on here. 

Do so we love to see new recipes for old favorites.

TheJoeyBucketz

Bump, cuz I'm making this stuff right freaking now.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

DeltaBoy

It always great to make even when it Hot.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

I might make this weekend , I am tired of the Rain here in Texas.

go hogues

Been eying this recipe for forever and finally tried it tonight. It is as advertised. Will become a part of the winter rotation, no doubt.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

99toLife

Quote from: go hogues on December 03, 2018, 07:44:34 pm
Been eying this recipe for forever and finally tried it tonight. It is as advertised. Will become a part of the winter rotation, no doubt.

White Chicken chili is awesome and totally underrated...  We make it 3-4 times a winter... 

DeltaBoy

I plan to make some next week!

majestic

Making this right now. Only change is instead of navy beans, I had to use white cannelini, one can of which was actually garbanzos! Oh well, we'll see how it tastes.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

99toLife

Quote from: majestic on December 30, 2018, 02:26:09 pm
Making this right now. Only change is instead of navy beans, I had to use white cannelini, one can of which was actually garbanzos! Oh well, we'll see how it tastes.

Should be tasty..

Btw: ever figure out how to refill those 1lb cannisters?

majestic

Quote from: 99toLife on December 30, 2018, 02:38:18 pm
Should be tasty..

Btw: ever figure out how to refill those 1lb cannisters?
Honestly, I haven't even tried. Just been using a propane tank.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

DeltaBoy

Making it again for the Church Chili Lunch this coming Super Bowl Sunday but I am going to add an Extra Can of Green Chili.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 31, 2010, 05:41:49 am
Guys, started making this and it's great.   Wanted something a little different and came across this.   Not bad, certainly not low fat but good none the less.

White CHICKEN CHILI

In a large pot add the following:

2 POUNDS CHOPPED CHICKEN (I used a large rotisserie chicken from the SuperCenter and I used only the breast and thigh meat)
½  medium chopped onion
2 cans Navy Beans with liquid
2 cans White Corn drained
2 blocks Philadelphia Cream Cheese
3-4 cups Chicken Broth (depends on how thick you like it)
2 packages McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning
1 tsp White Pepper
½ TBS Minced Garlic
Decent dose of Cavenders
1 can chopped Green Chilies

Bring to a boil and add simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add one small container (8 oz I think) sour cream and stir in and simmer for 5 minutes.

Ready to eat!  Throw some sharp cheddar cheese and some fritoes on top and you're ready to go.

I won the Church  Chili cook off spicy category,  I added 2 more cans of Hatch Chilies and a teaspoon of Green Jalapeno hot sauce to the pot.

DeltaBoy

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 04, 2019, 07:50:24 am
LOL!!!  Not messing with that mean looking sob!!

More bark than bit now days.

This recipe is Da Bomb,  Standard recipe is a great eating chili and by a little doctoring you can make it Slap your Momma!

TheJoeyBucketz

Bump this bitch cuz it's a great recipe and imma make it today
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"