Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QB Situation

Started by Stewhog 11, November 08, 2017, 10:01:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewhog 11

I haven't heard every piece of what Bielema has said about the quarterback position, although I know he hasn't said much, but Cole Kelly is in a boot and crutches right now putting little to no weight on that foot. I can't imagine he's practicing, he's hobbling around. If Austin really is 100%, and getting all the reps in practice, I would expect him to be the guy on Saturday. Even if Bielema likes Kelly better, I don't see how he can justify starting him on a week of no practice. Although remember who we're talking about.

To be clear though I'm only assuming he's not practicing, but I do know that he's not walking on that foot yet.
I'm interested to see what happens and I just hope we have at least one healthy quarterback to get through the season. We might be playing Jack Lindsey before it's all over.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Tusks

Whoever is running the 1's today is going to start Saturday.  Turf toe takes 2-3 weeks to heel.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Stewhog 11

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 10:26:34 am
Whoever is running the 1's today is going to start Saturday.  Turf toe takes 2-3 weeks to heel.

That's what I figured. At this point I fully expect it to be AA.

DeltaBoy

It will be a surprise.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogmolar

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 08, 2017, 10:49:59 am
It will be a surprise.
And LSU is worried about it.  I could coach LSU defense this week.  Hey DB's you guys are all 1 on 1 because these WR cant get open for anything.  LB's your job is key on RB's but mostly just stay in the middle of the field.  DL pin your ears back and go all out to QB and don't be surprised if no one touches you.  The key is going to be sit down as soon as you do get off the field because it will only be a few plays until we score and you will be asked to get right back out there.  The good news.. it is only likely to be for 3 plays, so give me all you got.   :'( 

redneckfriend

Quote from: hogmolar on November 08, 2017, 11:05:24 am
And LSU is worried about it.  I could coach LSU defense this week.  Hey DB's you guys are all 1 on 1 because these WR cant get open for anything.  LB's your job is key on RB's but mostly just stay in the middle of the field.  DL pin your ears back and go all out to QB and don't be surprised if no one touches you.  The key is going to be sit down as soon as you do get off the field because it will only be a few plays until we score and you will be asked to get right back out there.  The good news.. it is only likely to be for 3 plays, so give me all you got.   :'(

Probably, although it may take LSU's anemic offense more than "a few plays" to score, even against Arkansas' moribund defense. 35-10 LSU.

Vantage 8 dude

Knowing Bret even if Kelly were having to get around on crutches due to his toe issue he's probably still play. Main reason is that with a second option beside Austin it keeps LSU guessing and not being able to adequately game plan for the "big surprise" as to who will actually be behind center. CBB is so clever that way.

#1Fan

"What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Hog-Corleone

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Ironhawg

At this point I'd just like to get through these last few games with nobody getting seriously hurt.

oldhog63

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 10:26:34 am
2-3 weeks AFTER the season. It won't heal during the season unless he stays completely off it, which he won't during the season.

I would like to see Storey get a shot but i doubt Bret even remembers he has a 3rd QB on the team.  We are going to get our asses kicked so bad by LSU we may not have anyone wanting on the field by the 4th quarter.  Unless LSU has a HUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE mental breakdown, they cannot help but pound our butts without even trying hard and I bet they will be trying hard.  I had forgot about Matt Canada being at LSU.  He has a score to settle and Saturday is payday.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Its official, we have a qb controversy for the 1st time under Bielema. He finally plays a backup and we have a qb controversy. Ironic and Hilarious
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

GolfHog

Ty Storey is probably the best QB on the roster if you go by the fact that he can't get on the field. ;)

cal34

Quote from: #1Fan on November 08, 2017, 11:44:29 am
"What difference, at this point, does it make?"

+1  We might need 3 QB's for this game.  They are gonna get pounded.

Kevin

Quote from: GolfHog on November 08, 2017, 01:02:21 pm
Ty Storey is probably the best QB on the roster if you go by the fact that he can't get on the field. ;)

very good
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GolfHog on November 08, 2017, 01:02:21 pm
Well have you ever considered the possibility that like TJ he may be having trouble learning the playbook being taught in hoganese :o ???

Soooie21

Want Kelly to play the rest of the season..

devildoghawg

Shocking, another athlete with a foot injury.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 08, 2017, 11:14:23 am
Knowing Bret even if Kelly were having to get around on crutches due to his toe issue he's probably still play. Main reason is that with a second option beside Austin it keeps LSU guessing and not being able to adequately game plan for the "big surprise" as to who will actually be behind center. CBB is so clever that way.

I hear Cantrell may be getting some snaps this week... Especially if we get down to the 2 yard line.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Mr Jade

Kelly's hurt, and I don't expect AA to play this weekend at all.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

HoggyCat

Quote from: redneckfriend on November 08, 2017, 11:10:22 am
Probably, although it may take LSU's anemic offense more than "a few plays" to score, even against Arkansas' moribund defense. 35-10 LSU.

Not with their rushing attack.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.