Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strength & Conditioning

Started by lasthog, November 24, 2017, 08:30:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lasthog

No offense to present staff, but I expect major improvement here. On the field as well as combine numbers, appears obvious that an upgrade is needed.

twistitup

It needs to improve- no doubt....we look soft
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hogfanny

I agree. 2nd year in a row we just nearly play ourself into shape good enough to almost win a game or 2.

welchog

How about let's just do the normal bench, curl, squat...

This crap of one-legged super squats and the like is probably why our boys feet keep breaking.

Dark Helmet Hog

We will need to drop some weight.

IronMountainHog

Other than the bull darn we were sold by Bielema, the second biggest scam was Body by Herb. Be glad to see both leave.

buldozer

It has to improve in order for the next coach to be successful. This is prolly the single biggest area of deficiency in CBBs program other than recruiting. And when he put the two together, he never really had a chance here.

His teams never seemed to be able to finish games and often looked totally gassed during the 3rd and 4th qrtr of games. Also, the conditioning program may very well have contributed to all the injuries..... particularly all the broken feet and lower leg injuries.

I for one, will be glad to see Herb hit the road.

jst01

Time to get with the modern day strength training techniques. Athletes are using balance, core training, agility and speed drills more than power lifting.

Silent

you guys are insane if you think Ben Herbert needs be fired.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Silent on November 24, 2017, 09:08:43 pm

lol

call me crazy

247Hog

Then slap a straight jacket on me cause the dude was the biggest waste of money ive ever seen. We had guys rolling on the turf after every other play.

I won't even get started on the injuries he caused by not having our players where they needed to be. Uncommon my ass.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

cal34

Quote from: 247Hog on November 24, 2017, 09:12:21 pm
Then slap a straight jacket on me cause the dude was the biggest waste of money ive ever seen. We had guys rolling on the turf after every other play.

I won't even get started on the injuries he caused by not having our players where they needed to be. Uncommon my ass.

Especially today.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: IronMountainHog on November 24, 2017, 08:53:57 pm
Other than the bull darn we were sold by Bielema, the second biggest scam was Body by Herb. Be glad to see both leave.

No Doubt!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

IronMountainHog

Don't take it personal Ben. Bielema will let you do the freaks come out at night at KU or wherever he ends up.

rude1

I guess you haven't noticed the pathetic numbers our guys have been putting up at the NFL combine in the lifting. He seems to concentrate on just adding mass to players so they look better, even though they aren't as strong as what we see other teams putting on the field.

bvillepig

Quote from: 247Hog on November 24, 2017, 09:12:21 pm

Put two on me.  It is obvious in so many ways that his philosophy is a waste of time. Cant wait to see Agim after he loses 15 and gets in a real program.

husker71

R.P. McMurphy here and both Chief and I think he needs to be replaced . Billy and Martini are not so sure. 

lasthog

Your passion is impressive, but what do you base that on specifically?

swineology

Quote from: lasthog on November 24, 2017, 08:30:11 pm
No offense to present staff, but I expect major improvement here. On the field as well as combine numbers, appears obvious that an upgrade is needed.

Body by Herb

He gone, we good

hawgXi

Quote from: IronMountainHog on November 24, 2017, 08:53:57 pm

Pretty good assessment.

No forth quarter finish & multiple injuries represent poor training & Conditioning, imo

TushCrush

I'm for somebody like Virgil Knight. There is a difference between looking like a badass and being a badass.

IronHog

Then call me crazy

S&C has been BAD
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ronmahony

I know one thing, our D.B'S got manhandled today.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Swestwill66

When coastal Carolina is running over you ? Well then.

1highhog

Lol, you can tell who the clucksterflucks are who never watch a game or keep up with the strength and conditioning of our team, yes, I'm talking about you Silent link.

HeyHogs

It is obvious the strength and conditioning coach is as big a failure as the rest of the staff.

Silent

If any of you know about lifting, conditioning,  nutrition, Or even stepped foot in a gym. Then you know mentality is 75% of it. And it's obvious these kids have had problems all year on this subject. We have one of the most respected SC coaches in the country, and he has the award and support to prove it. Everyone needs to chill out, take a breather, and forget about this season. Barring Ben getting a big time offer some where else. I GUARANTEE you he is retained by our next head coach.

twistitup

Quote from: Silent on November 24, 2017, 09:37:40 pm
If any of you know about lifting, conditioning,  nutrition, Or even stepped foot in a gym. Then you know mentality is 75% of it. And it's obvious these kids have had problems all year on this subject. We have one of the most respected SC coaches in the country, and he has the award and support to prove it. Everyone needs to chill out, take a breather, and forget about this season. Barring Ben getting a big time offer some where else. I GUARANTEE you he is retained by our next head coach.

Hey Ben, doesn't the SC coach help develop the proper mentality?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

welchog

B freaking S.

Cinco de Hogo

I'm probably implorable too!

HF#1

The amount of broken feet and bones in general have always been a concern of mine during this staff's tenure. Seems unusually high...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Thanks for your prognostication, Ben.  Eat a power bar...
Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

Tusks

I started on this years ago when programs like Toledo and TTech came into AR and pushed the hogs around and kept them huffing and puffing the whole game.

b-bye
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

IronHog

Then that coach will fail as well..... 
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jkstock04

Absolutely hilarious.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

onebadrubi

Quote from: HF#1 on November 24, 2017, 09:41:58 pm
The amount of broken feet and bones in general have always been a concern of mine during this staff's tenure. Seems unusually high...

Look at the landscape of college football.

hawgXi

It's either equipment or (lack of) conditioning

HeyHogs

Cinco de Hogo

leroyhawg

I think you hit on the main reason for so many injuries under Bret.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Ex-Trumpet

Shoes today suck.  They allow way too much movement of foot bones and no support.  I can only assume football shoes are similar to all the other running/cross-training/tennis shoes out there today.

Couple that with artificial turf, bigger/faster players...something has to give.  Usually it's the athlete.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

swineology

lasthog

Quote from: welchog on November 24, 2017, 08:42:54 pm
How about let's just do the normal bench, curl, squat...

This crap of one-legged super squats and the like is probably why our boys feet keep breaking.

I've been googling to see if I could find some numbers posted by our players in various lifts. Do we post those?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 24, 2017, 10:02:33 pm
Shoes today suck.  They allow way too much movement of foot bones and no support.  I can only assume football shoes are similar to all the other running/cross-training/tennis shoes out there today.

Couple that with artificial turf, bigger/faster players...something has to give.  Usually it's the athlete.

If it were shoes that could fix all the feet, ankles, knee issues it would already be fixed

code red

Agreed some of our D line man look like toads.  Rediculosly out of shape.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

SlickWilly

I heard that Herb doesn't believe in bench press. That's insane.

jgphillips3

I'm not 100% sure it's all Herb's fault.  It's his fault for doing what Bielema told him is more like it.  I think a LOT of what made individuals look bad on this staff was doing what Bret told them to do.

lasthog

Quote from: SlickWilly on November 24, 2017, 11:16:01 pm
I heard that Herb doesn't believe in bench press. That's insane.

In searching for numbers I read that they do close gripped bench, but with shoulder protecting devices of some sort. According to this piece, this restricts the travel approximately three inches.

No doubt others on here would understand a lot more of what this means in practical terms.

SlickWilly

Quote from: lasthog on November 24, 2017, 11:23:43 pm
In searching for numbers I read that they do close gripped bench, but with shoulder protecting devices of some sort. According to this piece, this restricts the travel approximately three inches.

No doubt others on here would understand a lot more of what this means in practical terms.

Sounds like a girly-bench press to me.

But IIRC close gripped bench is mainly for triceps, not chest. If we benched more, I don't think our OL would have gotten as pushed around as they did.

Source: You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

Dark Helmet Hog

If any of you know about lifting, conditioning,  nutrition, Or even stepped foot in a gym. Then you know mentality is 75% of it. And it’s obvious these kids have had problems all year on this subject. We have one of the most respected SC coaches in the country, and he has the award and support to prove it. Everyone needs to chill out, take a breather, and forget about this season. Barring Ben getting a big time offer some where else. I GUARANTEE you he is retained by our next head coach.

He is laughed at by his peers. His program is a joke.