Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are going to suck for the next three years.

Started by HeyHogs, November 24, 2017, 08:17:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 24, 2017, 08:50:56 pm
Hope will be passed out like candy the first 2 years.

To include a big dose of ridicule for any hint of reservation.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bkjbearcat

Interesting. I personally think the next HC will win eight games next year.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Dropkick on November 24, 2017, 08:46:43 pm
Haven't you guys heard? We are getting Gus and will dominate!

No we will get Gus or some other coach and try again.  That's a lot better than accepting that your Rice.

Cave City Joe

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2017, 08:22:36 pm
Our OL situation alone will put us behind the 8 ball the next few years. Nevermind the lack of speed on defense.

And who's fault is that
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

RzrbkRat

We sucked the last two years if you didn't know

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Hogindasticks

I have a feeling, that if Gus comes and brings no players with him, that your going to see how Auburn is the attraction to the kids and not the coach.....something to think about.

Poker_hog

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 24, 2017, 08:17:46 pm
Get ready!  Most of this board wanted this and you will get your wish.  If they hire an up tempo coach we will suck the next three years.  We do not have the depth or the players to play up tempo on both sides of the ball.  I am so sick of the inmates running the asylum with this program.

No, we won't hire a coach that has a five year "plan".  And we won't hire an AD that tells us we're ahead of schedule after a 7-6 season.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

DeltaBoy

Get ready!  Most of this board wanted this and you will get your wish.  If they hire an up tempo coach we will suck the next three years.  We do not have the depth or the players to play up tempo on both sides of the ball.  I am so sick of the inmates running the asylum with this program.

Go away Jeff Long Lover!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HeyHogs

Quote from: Hogindasticks on November 24, 2017, 09:04:31 pm
I have a feeling, that if Gus comes and brings no players with him, that your going to see how Auburn is the attraction to the kids and not the coach.....something to think about.
Dilly Dilly

dfwalumdad

pard we've sucked for the last 5 years. in fact we've sucked so hard that you've forgotten what it feels like to not suck friend.

it's called the stockhom syndrome friend.

try zoloft.

Hawgphat

I surely hope that our next football coach is a "dilly".  This last one certainly wasn't.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hogindasticks on November 24, 2017, 09:04:31 pm

That goes for any top program.  Go look at AU's commits.  Many aren't even from AL.  Players with legit offer sheets who could go anywhere they want.  You actually have to be a pretty decent recruiter to land top 10 classes every year...even at AU. 

Something to think about.

HotlantaHog

Have no idea how Hogs will be over the next three years. They won 27.5% of conference games the past five years. So having no idea how they will be is a potentially vast improvement over the worst conference performance of any coach in the SEC in history.

farmhawg

Really? How would that have been different with keeping Bret?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Medic821

Boston RedHogs

In what way does relieving an unsuccessful coach of his duties after 5 years on the job equate to "inmates running the asylum?" He was given time. He was given more than enough time. That's a pretty lengthy stay in the current college football landscape especially when you factor in his abysmal record

Did you see the stands today (it was pretty easy because there were no butts in them)?
Did you see Bielema's mismanagement down the stretch today?
Have you actually watched any game objectively over the last couple of seasons?

You say "careful what we wish for". Well.....We wish for a competitive and winning Razorback football team......

What do YOU wish for?

HeyHogs

HogBreath

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 24, 2017, 08:27:58 pm
It is going to depend on heavily who are the Assistant Coaches, particularly the Coordinators.

If they give Malzahn just as much or more than they have been paying Bielema, then there won't be good enough Coordinators here with Malzahn.  Malzahn has already shown at Auburn that he can be pretty average without great Assistants.

If Norvell is hired, and if Norvell does not have the connections to bring in a great Defensive Coordinator, then we will be regulated to trying to outscore SEC opponents.  Trying to outscore SEC opponents who actually play great defense (Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, and some years Florida) is not a consistent winning plan.
We rarely play Georgia and Florida.  You do know that right?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HeyHogs

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on November 24, 2017, 09:26:03 pm
What do YOU wish for?
I wish for better assistants and more patience.  This year is not all Bret's fault no matter what people say.  I have no confidence in TPTB to do the right thing.  I expect them to screw this up and get us a coach who will cheat or worse just to win.  Why would any decent coach want to come here?

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Pig In The City

Lol, you are naive if you believe Hogville made this happen. I'm tired of stupid posts. Can we find someone who will take responsibility and call the last five years what they are...a failure.

HF#1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2017, 08:33:49 pm
I remember when Mizzou was supposedly an automatic win.  Always ripe for the taking.

Not sure why anyone ever thought that. Prior to today they had beaten us 2/3, now 3/4.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

j-mann

next year shouild be 4-0 non-conf  wins aga Vandy and Ole miss  bama Lsu  are losses    but atm mizz miss st auburn are tossups   i have next year team at 6-2 with 4 tossups
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

hawgXi

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 24, 2017, 08:27:58 pm
It is going to depend on heavily who are the Assistant Coaches, particularly the Coordinators.

If they give Malzahn just as much or more than they have been paying Bielema, then there won't be good enough Coordinators here with Malzahn.  Malzahn has already shown at Auburn that he can be pretty average without great Assistants.

If Norvell is hired, and if Norvell does not have the connections to bring in a great Defensive Coordinator, then we will be regulated to trying to outscore SEC opponents.  Trying to outscore SEC opponents who actually play great defense (Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, and some years Florida) is not a consistent winning plan.

CBB has proven without a doubt that a team can perform below average with a cadre of highly paid assistants

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HogBreath on November 24, 2017, 09:29:20 pm
We rarely play Georgia and Florida.  You do know that right?

We do though some years.

If Norvell can't bring in a very good Defensive Coordinator, then Norvell will find out that you can't rely on just out-scoring SEC opponents.

There is this thing called defense that happens in the SEC, not so much in the garbage conference where Norvell currently coaches.

snf6278

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HF#1 on November 24, 2017, 09:34:04 pm
Not sure why anyone ever thought that. Prior to today they had beaten us 2/3, now 3/4.

I agre, but It's been repeated here since I can remember.  We always think Mizzou is an automatic win.  We thought that last year, and we thought so until about midway through this season when most finally accepted we suck.  We always overstate our abilities. 

As soon as we hire the next coach, no matter who it is, the claims of an 8 win minimum next season will no doubt ensue.  It will move to 9 wins by opening day kickoff.

EastexHawg

What do you call 11-29 over five years...and 1-7 this year?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 24, 2017, 09:32:00 pm
I wish for better assistants and more patience.  This year is not all Bret's fault no matter what people say.  I have no confidence in TPTB to do the right thing.  I expect them to screw this up and get us a coach who will cheat or worse just to win.  Why would any decent coach want to come here?

Well, we certainly didn't get a decent coach when we got the last one.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hawgXi on November 24, 2017, 09:39:08 pm
CBB has proven without a doubt that a team can perform below average with a cadre of highly paid assistants

Bielema's Assistants were not highly paid compared to the rest of the SEC.

For instance, Steele is getting paid $1.2 Million at Auburn.

GoldCoastHog

The guy we just fired compiled an 11-29 record in conference play. To put that in perspective, Sylvester Croom went 10-30 in five seasons at Mississippi State. To this day, people here refer to being " Croomed ".

That said, you're worried about us " sucking " the next three years? We've had three losing seasons in the past 6; what gives? We already suck!? Geesh, Jen, you have plenty of money to move back to Florida with. Lighten up .

HF#1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2017, 09:40:51 pm
I agre, but It’s been repeated here since I can remember.  We always think Mizzou is an automatic win.  We thought that last year, and we thought so until about midway through this season when most finally accepted we suck.  We always overstate our abilities. 

As soon as we hire the next coach, no matter who it is, the claims of an 8 win minimum next season will no doubt ensue.  It will move to 9 wins by opening day kickoff.

Next year's schedule is a favorable one for whoever gets the job. I do think the right guy can come in and win 8 games. Just depends on the system. We do have some talent that was severely under utilized.

jkstock04

Couldn't be. You homers have said Bielema has recruited more talent and deeper than any coach in modern times at Arkansas....and that the next coach would be able to step into an easy situation and transition because of so.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BigoBoys

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 24, 2017, 09:39:31 pm
We do though some years.

If Norvell can't bring in a very good Defensive Coordinator, then Norvell will find out that you can't rely on just out-scoring SEC opponents.

There is this thing called defense that happens in the SEC, not so much in the garbage conference where Norvell currently coaches.

Yep, we saw 2 SEC defenses on parade today for sure.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HF#1 on November 24, 2017, 09:43:21 pm
Next year's schedule is a favorable one for whoever gets the job. I do think the right guy can come in and win 8 games. Just depends on the system. We do have some talent that was severely under utilized.

We have some talent, but QB will likely be a weak spot next season.  If so, then that alone puts a huge dent in the 8 win theory IMO.  And we better invent some speed on defense. 

HF#1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2017, 09:46:36 pm
We have some talent, but QB will likely be a weak spot next season.  If so, then that alone puts a huge dent in the 8 win theory IMO.  And we better invent some speed on defense. 

I agree.

UA1985

That's why it's a shame we didn't fire CBB last year after the Missouri and V Tech collapses. We would already be one year into the process of rebuilding.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: UA1985 on November 24, 2017, 09:47:25 pm
That's why it's a shame we didn't fire CBB last year after the Missouri and V Tech collapses. We would already be one year into the process of rebuilding.

Outstanding point.

HeyHogs

Quote from: Pig In The City on November 24, 2017, 09:33:38 pm
Lol, you are naive if you believe Hogville made this happen. I'm tired of stupid posts. Can we find someone who will take responsibility and call the last five years what they are...a failure.
Not blaming Hogville!  Blaming the loudest of the loud.  Get over yourself.

sowmonella

Quote from: HF#1 on November 24, 2017, 09:43:21 pm

Next year is an 8 or 9 win season. Best schedule we've had in a long time.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HeyHogs

Quote from: j-mann on November 24, 2017, 09:38:49 pm
next year shouild be 4-0 non-conf  wins aga Vandy and Ole miss  bama Lsu  are losses    but atm mizz miss st auburn are tossups   i have next year team at 6-2 with 4 tossups
Pretty bold numbers for not knowing the coach.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2017, 08:22:36 pm
Our OL situation alone will put us behind the 8 ball the next few years. Nevermind the lack of speed on defense.

O-line will look completely different, even if it's the same personnel.  Defense too.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Wild Bill Hog

Impossible to say what our QB's will look like once they get some decent competent coaching.

HF#1

Quote from: sowmonella on November 24, 2017, 09:50:17 pm
Next year is an 8 or 9 win season. Best schedule we've had in a long time.

I tend to agree but I'll have to know who the coach is before I put any sort of stamp on it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 24, 2017, 09:51:28 pm
O-line will look completely different, even if it's the same personnel.  Defense too.

We always say this.  Still waiting.  I think recent OL recruiting has been the most unnerving thing of all.  We will be loaded with SR's next year, then we get to practically start over again.