Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are going to suck for the next three years.

Started by HeyHogs, November 24, 2017, 08:17:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2017, 09:54:06 pm
We always say this.  Still waiting.  I think recent OL recruiting has been the most unnerving thing of all.  We will be loaded with SR's next year, then we get to practically start over again. 

We've always said it, but always had the same chief.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Snouty

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 24, 2017, 08:41:15 pm
0-5 vs Bama

0-5 vs A&M

0-2 vs USCe

1-4 vs Auburn

1-4 vs MSU

1-3 vs Mizzou

2-3 vs LSU

I guess he's thinking the glory days against Ole Miss are over?

LOL.  I don't know why anyone thinks we could be worse than that over the next 3 years.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 24, 2017, 09:51:16 pm
Pretty bold numbers for not knowing the coach.

Just wait.  You ain't seen nothing yet.  The coach won't matter.  Whoever it is will be a world beater no matter.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Snouty on November 24, 2017, 09:55:27 pm
LOL.  I don't know why anyone thinks we could be worse than that over the next 3 years.

No way we'll be worse, but that ain't saying much.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

HeyHogs

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2017, 09:56:14 pm
Just wait.  You ain't seen nothing yet.  The coach won't matter.  Whoever it is will be a world beater no matter.
You also made my point.  No need to fire CBB.

shown006

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 24, 2017, 08:17:46 pm
Get ready!  Most of this board wanted this and you will get your wish.  If they hire an up tempo coach we will suck the next three years.  We do not have the depth or the players to play up tempo on both sides of the ball.  I am so sick of the inmates running the asylum with this program.
Thanx for checking in Jen.
WPS!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 24, 2017, 10:00:40 pm
You also made my point.  No need to fire CBB.

Crazy talk.  He absolutely should have been fired. 

HardCore

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2017, 10:06:19 pm
Crazy talk.  He absolutely should have been fired. 

Absolutely.  We all have accountability........including CBB
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HawgWyld

Get ready!  Most of this board wanted this and you will get your wish.  If they hire an up tempo coach we will suck the next three years.  We do not have the depth or the players to play up tempo on both sides of the ball.  I am so sick of the inmates running the asylum with this program.

Clearly, we should have stuck with the guy who put together a sparkling 27.5 percent conference winning record over the past five years...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

snoot hoggy hog

They think that a high powered Air Raid offense is going to dominate the SEC. Defense rules the day in the SEC. Better try and get the next Kirby/Saban not the next Petrino/Gus.

Razorback_Mack

Tell that to Auburn. They switched offenseive schemes in the same way and played for 2 NC's in 5 years.

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on November 24, 2017, 10:24:46 pm
Tell that to Auburn. They switched offenseive schemes in the same way and played for 2 NC's in 5 years.

Correction, they switched bags with certain players and played for two NC's in 5 years. Barkley said it was the best championship that money could buy.

hogsanity

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2017, 08:22:36 pm
Our OL situation alone will put us behind the 8 ball the next few years. Nevermind the lack of speed on defense.

nah, they just got to sign more in sate 1 stars and hope they just want it more.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Jimbob111

It doesn't matter who they hire. Name the coaches at Arkansas who, in only 5 seasons, went 3-9, 4-8, and 4-8.  The 2nd worse conference record of any SEC school in well over a decade, maybe almost 2 decades.

The next coach CAN NOT do worse. Bielema is perhaps the worst coach I have ever witnessed. So, yeah, I'll be down if we lose but it's better than knowing, in 2012, that we were screwed for the next 5 years minimum.

Have a nice day, though. Wear your helmet, you crayon eating, glue-sniffing feller.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Pig Worshipper

"We are going to suck for the next four years." - Hillary Clinton

Cool story, Hillary.

RideTillIDieHawg

We may suck but can't do any worse and at least we'll have hope.

Also I don't think we'll be as bad as under Bret, he was a horrendous game manager and had mentally soft teams. A decent coach can come in and win 7 - 8 and go to a mid-level bowl with this group of players.

Tim Harris

There are good enough players on the roster to get bowl eligible next year. That wouldn't be a great year but would have us trending in the right direction.

code red

We are closer than you think.  Now I would agree with the defensive side.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Jimbob111

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 25, 2017, 06:48:06 am
There are good enough players on the roster to get bowl eligible next year. That wouldn't be a great year but would have us trending in the right direction.

Exactly! That's what I just can't understand. It's not that hard to be bowl eligible, even in the SEC. If ANY of us only succeeded at 30% of our job, we'd be fired.

The Bielemers just can't understand how bad of a coach he is. Name some bad coaches and see where he fits on the list simply based on wins and losses.

Jim Mora? Butch Jones? Joker Phillips? Sylvester Croom? Bielema is closer to Phillips and Croom...possibly the two worst coaches in the last 10 years in the SEC.

Get over it, guys, Bielema talked a good game but he was an atrocious, terrible coach. He would have to improved by 15.8% just to be a ** coach.

He is an utter, complete, total, absolute failure as a coach at Arkansas. I don't care what conference, at what level, or how else you rate him against his peers.

He was bad, guys. REALLY bad.

The only people who wanted him retained, or talking heads who think he should have been kept, are the same people that think we'd be set back 10 years by firing Nutt.

It just doesn't make sense.

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Dirty

fourpeat

Quote from: jst01 on November 24, 2017, 08:21:51 pm
Hurt feelings. 11 conf wins in five seasons. Say that again to yourself. It's unreal. We'll be just fine
Only 6 wins against SEC West teams in 5 years!  And 4 of those 6 wins were against Mississippi teams!
Never explain yourself!  Your friends don't require it, and your enemies won't believe you anyway.

havok

I feel next season could be a major step forward with real hard nosed motivation and off season plan to get talent on the field.

1.  We have weapons in the backfield that have yet to be utilized properly. (Last couple games, they would stick Hammonds in and basically telegraphed what was going to happen).  With Hayden & Hammonds there are all kinds of opportunities for a offensive mind to have a huge smile as they contemplate on unleashing them in all kinds of ways.  When actual blocking occurs, all our backs have shown they can tear off huge runs.

2.  Hopefully a new Strength & Conditioning coach will be brought in.  One who will bring the 2 things missing the last few years, "Strength & Conditioning" to the team.  Less about body sculpting and more on Raw Strength, speed and actual leverage techniques.

3.  O-linemen will have Lots of in game experience.  If they add this to actual Strength, conditioning, and adding real techniques in leverage taught, they could make major steps forward. (I suspect the incoming coach will be seeking to sign more than 2 or 3 O-linemen every year... positions that can be a huge miss in evaluating, so more signed, lessens the impact of one or two not panning out.

4.  a real running game threat will open so many other areas on offense (And defense too).  The Tight ends, which we have an abundance of talent on the roster, will be able to find huge holes in defense that knows it has to stop the run.  Play action will scare defenses giving TE's & Receivers more opportunities.  It will also help the defense, as we can "Hopefully" have more success at 3rd & short (Keeping our offense on the field) since it seems the last 2 years we had one hell of a time just getting one yard when needed.

5.  Defense will need some serious smoke and Mirrors to hide the weaknesses and have more exotic packages that don't telegraph everything. A huge plus, we should have a bunch of experience at the cornerbacks, and hopefully a defensive game plan that unleashes Agim, to be the holy terror he can be, causing the opponents to make mistakes that become "opportunities for easy scores. With, a real strength and conditioning program it should leap forward and shore up the middle of the defense to not be pushed off the line 3+ yards by everyone. 

Hoginsavga

Quote from: fourpeat on November 25, 2017, 07:24:24 am
Only 6 wins against SEC West teams in 5 years!  And 4 of those 6 wins were against Mississippi teams!

All of the SECw coaches said we made a big mistake in firing Bret (except maybe Ole Miss coach).

RONBO

It might get worse before it gets better, but it will get better.  BB is now gone, as most fans wanted, and truth be told, I kinda think BB was ready for greener pastures also.  It was just time.  B B gets his buy out, we as fans get our new coach, and new hope emerges.  A win for both sides, but as usual, some get stuck in the middle, and in these cases, that would be the one who actually implement our plan, the players.  I would imagine it's pretty rough on them. These are the casualties of these situations, and that, for lack of a better word, sucks.  Nature of the beast though, nature of the beast.

Anyway, Go Hogs!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on November 24, 2017, 09:43:14 pm
The guy we just fired compiled an 11-29 record in conference play. To put that in perspective, Sylvester Croom went 10-30 in five seasons at Mississippi State. To this day, people here refer to being " Croomed ".

That said, you're worried about us " sucking " the next three years? We've had three losing seasons in the past 6; what gives? We already suck!? Geesh, Jen, you have plenty of money to move back to Florida with. Lighten up .

But Croom upset several folks!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jimbob111

Quote from: RONBO on November 25, 2017, 08:18:15 am
It might get worse before it gets better, but it will get better.  BB is now gone, as most fans wanted, and truth be told, I kinda think BB was ready for greener pastures also.  It was just time.  B B gets his buy out, we as fans get our new coach, and new hope emerges.  A win for both sides, but as usual, some get stuck in the middle, and in these cases, that would be the one who actually implement our plan, the players.  I would imagine it's pretty rough on them. These are the casualties of these situations, and that, for lack of a better word, sucks.  Nature of the beast though, nature of the beast.

Anyway, Go Hogs!

We play 8 conference games. And 4 out of conference, usually 3 cup cakes and a directional school. Please, in the name of all you hold holy, how can it get any worse?

Jimbob111

Quote from: RONBO on November 25, 2017, 08:18:15 am

Anyway, Go Hogs!

And totally off the subject, are you THE ronbo? As a young gentleman, I wanted to be you. If so, nice work on the videos. There is only so much quality to VHS anyway. 

Bubba's Bruisers

For us next season, like just about any season, the key will be QB and OL play.  If those are competent, we can improve by 2 or 3 wins.  If defense improves too, then throw in another win.  That's a lot of needed improvement, though.

What's scary is that the OL is loaded with SR's next season.  The following year will be loaded with underclassmen...most with no real game experience.  OL recruiting has been very poor the last few classes.

sigpooie

We will see won't we. Strength coach will make a big difference and coaching in the off season like looking at the teams we play, and players starting because they help us win will make a bigger difference than other things that any normal coach would do. Like changing scheme at half time. Jezzz how many fools here don't think he should be gone?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

RONBO

No video work for me.  Must be someone else.  In regards to it can't get any worse, yes, it very easily could.  For one, Coastal Carolina comes to mind.  This train wreck will end (I gotta keep telling myself that)

majp51

But the thing is Arkansas would have sucked for those 3 years had Bielema stayed. He couldn't keep a decent assistant coach, and he was a CEO style HC, not an X's and O's guy anyway. This year was showing how the rest of Bielema's time at the U of A would have been.

BTW there were fans like you that said the same thing at MSU, when they let go of Sylvestor Croom.