Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The new A.D. whoever it is must make one thing very clear. you have to win

Started by forrest city joe, November 24, 2017, 08:14:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

That the first job of whoever they hire is to win football games. and that the goals at Arkansas,are the same as the goals at Alabama,Auburn,LSU and others. that's to win championships.may never happen. but that should always be the goal.CBP proved you could win Bog here.went 6 and 2,in sec play 2 years in a row.played in the Sugar Bowl and almost beat Ohio State.then the next year win 11 games and finish 5th in the country.yes the coaches should make the young men go to class.but their number one job is to win games.that is what they get paid for.we have to win folks.

Bacons Rebellion

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 24, 2017, 08:16:18 pm
I thought Peoples was very clear about that tonight.
I watched it on KATV channel 7.and i don't know. maybe i misheard her. i heard her say we had to win. but win what? i hope she means the goal is to win championships.even if it never happens. i think it can happen with the right coach.and an A.D. who demand that you win or i will find someone who will.

hobhog

forrest city joe

Quote from: hobhog on November 24, 2017, 08:33:48 pm
That should be the goal in all our sports.
I agree. the goal should be to win championships.ALWAYS.when you lower your standards,you will start meeting those low standards.like we have done in football.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2017, 08:24:49 pm
I watched it on KATV channel 7.and i don't know. maybe i misheard her. i heard her say we had to win. but win what? i hope she means the goal is to win championships.even if it never happens. i think it can happen with the right coach.and an A.D. who demand that you win or i will find someone who will.

Win competitively with the rest of the SEC West as a whole.  Petrino managed to win 2 out of 3 games in Fayetteville and 1 out of 4 in making the BCS/NYD Six games.

That performance level will keep a coach in Fayetteville for a long time as long as he observes proper motorcycle safety.

leroyhawg

We can survive without an AD, but it's hard to win without a Coach, put a name in a hat and draw, boom there's your AD! Would be better than Jeff Long and work for less!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

jabberjawls

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2017, 08:14:52 pm
That the first job of whoever they hire is to win football games. and that the goals at Arkansas,are the same as the goals at Alabama,Auburn,LSU and others. that's to win championships.may never happen. but that should always be the goal.CBP proved you could win Bog here.went 6 and 2,in sec play 2 years in a row.played in the Sugar Bowl and almost beat Ohio State.then the next year win 11 games and finish 5th in the country.yes the coaches should make the young men go to class.but their number one job is to win games.that is what they get paid for.we have to win folks.
you didn't answer my question on the other thread -- what is the minimum acceptable level of winning percentage?

RagingHawgOn

FCJ shows up when there's stuff available to stir. Prime time huh, Joe?

Athog

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 24, 2017, 08:48:13 pm
Win competitively with the rest of the SEC West as a whole.  Petrino managed to win 2 out of 3 games in Fayetteville and 1 out of 4 in making the BCS/NYD Six games.

That performance level will keep a coach in Fayetteville for a long time as long as he observes proper motorcycle safety.

That is the other requirement and that is to maintain an image and standard that does not reflect legally on the University!

Athog