Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC makes more money if Arkansas loses

Started by Count De Money, November 24, 2017, 05:35:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Count De Money

Misery gets a better bowl with better payout.  Refs make sure it happened.  Blatant face mask and blatant offensive pass interference made sure it happened.

DeltaBoy

Well we left the SWC cause of being SCREWED by the Zebras come the the SEC and we get Screwed again!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsevenseven

Quote from: Count De Money on November 24, 2017, 05:35:53 pm
Misery gets a better bowl with better payout.  Refs make sure it happened.  Blatant face mask and blatant offensive pass interference made sure it happened.
Allen was thrown to the ground via facemask.

hawgball40

Quote from: hogsevenseven on November 24, 2017, 05:40:43 pm
Yep i heard about it. pisses me off. In our home stadium to boot.

AirForceHog

Not the point right now. Don't let refs have that chance.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

wildhogman

Quote from: AirForceHog on November 24, 2017, 07:40:20 pm
Not the point right now. Don't let refs have that chance.
exactly right. Want to getthe calls? then win freaking games and put yourself in position to get a better bowl by winning and see what happens

TebowHater

Arkansas, too, makes more money if we lose. All bowl proceeds distributed equally between all schools in SEC

grayhawg

I don't know who all are on this officiating crew but they are one of the worst in the SEC

ThisTeetsTaken

Some players took to Twitter to say the refs were point shaving/cheating.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

EastTNHog

Quote from: grayhawg on November 24, 2017, 08:21:06 pm
I don't know who all are on this officiating crew but they are one of the worst in the SEC
Your boy Hubert.

MountieDawg

SEC!

Pigsrus

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 24, 2017, 08:55:45 pm
If this really happened then I understand how Arkansas flamed out this year.  Quit the excuses and go win some games.

Hogarusa

This logic makes little sense. SEC has bowl tie ins, so Mizzou getting a better bowl with bigger payout means another SEC team is falling down a peg to the 6-6 bowl.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Fan1958

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 24, 2017, 08:55:45 pm

What was the line?  Win/lose doesn't matter if it's related to money.

Not sure about the point shaving but the aftershave burning of the secondary continued.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 24, 2017, 05:38:55 pm
Well we left the SWC cause of being SCREWED by the Zebras come the the SEC and we get Screwed again!

Keep believing that and that the south won the civil war..........................the rest of us will live in the real world.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: grayhawg on November 24, 2017, 08:21:06 pm

Hubert is one of the best. The rest of the crew didn't do such a good job Friday though.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogtimes

The bowls all are locked in by contract with the SEC.   So it makes no difference which team gets in are where they go. 

Hogtimes

Quote from: hogsevenseven on November 24, 2017, 05:40:43 pm

He was not thrown to the ground via his face mask.  The defender did get a hand on his face mask and a penalty should have been called, but he was not  thrown to the ground by his face mask.

Hogtimes

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 24, 2017, 05:38:55 pm

Referees miss calls every game.  It all balances out in the end.

HotlantaHog

The SEC could not care less about who won the Arkansas Mizzou game.

BRHogfan

I didn't see the pushoff real time.  In real time I thought the player was out of bounds when he caught it, but I was wrong.  The sideline guy did his best and it sucks, but we still had a chance to win the game.