Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Allen

Started by paducahhog, November 24, 2017, 05:35:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

paducahhog

That kid has run for his life for two years.     He has Moxy.   Yellling at referree when the coach wouldn't.  He was a good qb. He should petition the NCAA for another along with David Williams.   

Dr. Starcs

No. No he shouldn't. New coach, new qb, new era. Hopefully a new defense.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: paducahhog on November 24, 2017, 05:35:48 pm
That kid has run for his life for two years.     He has Moxy.   Yellling at referree when the coach wouldn't.  He was a good qb. He should petition the NCAA for another along with David Williams.

career ending. I hope he is done, he has had a long career.

Dominicanhog

I'm ready for a QB not named Allen...

hoghearted

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on November 24, 2017, 05:37:03 pm

'A long career'? Two years is a 'long career'?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Dominicanhog

HogPharmer

Quote from: hoghearted on November 24, 2017, 05:38:12 pm
'A long career'? Two years is a 'long career'?

Well... these last two years have been long...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Ex-Trumpet

CBB may have killed any chances AA may have had in the NFL.  Early last year he looked like a 3rd round or sooner pick.  He has regressed.  Was it coaching?  Injuries?  Mental because of all the abuse he takes every game? 

If I were AA I would be PISSED!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jm

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 24, 2017, 05:38:04 pm
I'm ready for a QB not named Allen...

I just wish AA was our problem. Unfortunately, QB play is the least of the problems.

GunnerHawg70

Agree with OP...Good luck going forward AA

Bubba's Bruisers

Is the Hyatt kid any good?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hoghearted

Considering his injuries, I think he's done an okay job. Not Heisman material, but undeserving of the derision that's been heaped upon him from some of Hogville's yokels.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 24, 2017, 05:41:29 pm
CBB may have killed any chances AA may have had in the NFL.  Early last year he looked like a 3rd round or sooner pick.  He has regressed.  Was it coaching?  Injuries?  Mental because of all the abuse he takes every game? 

That bullcrap Oline they put in front of him. He also isn't 100% from that shoulder. Still doesn't have that same velocity

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 24, 2017, 05:43:31 pm
That bullcrap Oline they put in front of him. He also isn't 100% from that shoulder. Still doesn't have that same velocity

He was stronger today but it was clear he still couldn't toss it like before.  I hope he heals up and gets an invite to the combine.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: hoghearted on November 24, 2017, 05:38:12 pm
‘A long career’? Two years is a ‘long career’?

"Austin Allen quarterbacked the Razorbacks for 10 years from 2016-2017."

I like him. No time to throw. Hundreds of flattenings. This year an entire new crop of receivers. Playing injured. A couple of exciting wins last year. I wish him the best.

Grag T

He spent a lot of his time this season quite pissed... I for one will miss his tantrums.  Some of them were hilarious
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 24, 2017, 07:10:20 pm

I like him. No time to throw. Hundreds of flattenings. This year an entire new crop of receivers. Playing injured. A couple of exciting wins last year. I wish him the best.

Agree.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Tejano Jawg

Austin joins Quinn Grovey and Matt Jones on a short list of good quarterbacks who had to endure a terrible final year.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hogsevenseven

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 24, 2017, 07:24:00 pm
Austin joins Quinn Grovey and Matt Jones on a short list of good quarterbacks who had to endure a terrible final year.
I was hoping he could go out on a win like Casey Dick. For a while it looked like he might just do it.

regi

Held the ball to long,  saw the blitz only about 10% of the time.  The line didn't look as bad,  with Cole playing.  Gavebup less pressure with Cole.  Now,  he could embarass a WR for all to see,  with the best of em.

farmhawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 24, 2017, 05:36:45 pm
No. No he shouldn't. New coach, new qb, new era. Hopefully a new defense.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Tyler Wilson

twistitup

Thanks for everything Austin- good luck in the future
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Wants2Win

No more Allens please. No more Fayetteville high kids for that matter.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 24, 2017, 07:10:20 pm

Could be Fayetteville. I spent a week there one day.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

buldozer

I sincerely hope the best of luck to all the Allens, but I never want to hear that name again in conjunction with the Razorback football program..... Over and done!

daprospecta

He will get to go to senior bowl and will get a chance at the next level.  Matt Flynn got a shot, AA will too.

Hogwild

Best to luck to AA in life, sorry that he never really got a chance.  He spent more time on his back than my wife in the first year of our marriage.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hogwild on November 24, 2017, 09:11:14 pm
Best to luck to AA in life, sorry that he never really got a chance.  He spent more time on his back than my wife in the first year of our marriage.

You just opened yourself up to the obligatory "don't be so sure" responses!

leroyhawg

He was never an NFL QB.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

leroyhawg

Quote from: regi on November 24, 2017, 07:30:53 pm
Held the ball to long,  saw the blitz only about 10% of the time.  The line didn't look as bad,  with Cole playing.  Gavebup less pressure with Cole.  Now,  he could embarass a WR for all to see,  with the best of em.
no pocket presence in him.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

hawgXi

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on November 24, 2017, 05:37:03 pm

This game marks the end of the allen era & by proxy the end of the hooter dale era too

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: leroyhawg on November 24, 2017, 09:53:35 pm
He was never an NFL QB.

Hard to say...his first year as a starter sure turned some heads.  Regression/injuries/bad o-line play, etc. makes it hard to judge.  I'd like to see him get healthy and get a combine invite, see how he does.  He has a long way to go, though, to get the past year and a half out of his head!

HognitiveDissonance

Good luck to Austin.
This season has been costly to a lot of people.
It's brought down Jeff Long, Bret Bielema, and it's hurt Austin as well.
(and Ragnow came back only to suffer through this miserable season, and get hurt)
Football is the ultimate team game, and the sieve of an offensive line for two years has made Allen a human piñata.
He's as good or better as his brother Brandon, except Brandon had a great O-line in 2015 (8 sacks) and a O-line coach in Pittman

bvillepig

Up until The Auburn game last year he looked like an NFL QB. From that game on he has developed some bad habits.I understand why.

I am anxious for him to get well. I think he can catch on somewhere.Time will tell.

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HiggiePiggy

Tyler Wilson didn't have a very good last year either.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Wants2Win on November 24, 2017, 08:41:20 pm
No more Allens please. No more Fayetteville high kids for that matter.
All the talent is in Central and Southeast Arkansas but we don't really recruit there much.

sowmonella

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on November 25, 2017, 01:57:22 pm
All the talent is in Central and Southeast Arkansas but we don't really recruit there much.
Really?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

mj4president

Austin will be starting next year for the Browns.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

IronHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 24, 2017, 10:08:48 pm
Hard to say...his first year as a starter sure turned some heads.  Regression/injuries/bad o-line play, etc. makes it hard to judge.  I'd like to see him get healthy and get a combine invite, see how he does.  He has a long way to go, though, to get the past year and a half out of his head!

Did you not see the disparity between him and Lock?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Count Hogula

Quote from: IronHog on November 25, 2017, 02:42:17 pm

They will never admit it, my friend.

rzrbk4life

AA was all hog and gave everything he had. Best of luck to you young man
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Wayne Watson

Quote from: rzrbk4life on November 25, 2017, 03:10:47 pm

^^This^^
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: IronHog on November 25, 2017, 02:42:17 pm

Different coaching styles.  Austin Allen was not the problem for us this year.  You just choose him because you hate anything that is NWA. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hoghearted

Quote from: rzrbk4life on November 25, 2017, 03:10:47 pm

PLHawg

Quote from: Hogwild on November 24, 2017, 09:11:14 pm

Dude, you killed me on that one.

theFlyingHog

HawgHeadCheese