Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BREAKING RUMOR: Sting/WWE rumored to be in talks for Sting to join WWE in 2014

Started by Doug, July 02, 2013, 12:05:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

Being reported by Anthony DiMorro via Twitter.

My only concern is what version of Sting will we get to see, if this is true?

We need the crow version of Sting if this has ANY chance of succeeding.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

jbcarol

They showed him last night on Raw as part of the presentation of past World Heavyweight Champions and he was the only one I believe who had never worked for the Company.  Not sure if Lou Thesz ever worked for WWWF. He would have been another.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

The Lake Lizzard

I really hope this happens! I love him in TNA but it would be nice to see him in at least 1 last big match on the biggest stage.

I'm sure they would go with The Crow. They could show him lurking in the rafters for a couple weeks, maybe watching Taker?

AnonymousHog

Sting's son will be playing for Tight End for Kentucky this year.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Razorbackmedic

Would love to see him on RAW. Also been a HUGE fan since I met him in the early 80s at Dogpatch. I will never forget him and Rick Steiner pulling up in Steiners primer blue and grey 280Z with a homemade speaker box in the back. It was right after they broke up as a tag team and were in a big feud and wrestled a "grudge" match that day.

Stan HAMsen

Quote from: jbcarol on July 02, 2013, 12:07:20 pm
Not sure if Lou Thesz ever worked for WWWF.

I'm pretty sure WWWF was still a member of the NWA for at least Thesz's first run as champion.

Pulled(PP)pork

he should negotiate inclusion of a walker if he signs a contract

PP

Eddie Goodson

I won't believe it till I see it. I don't know that I'll even believe it then. I just do not think he would do it to Dixie.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

hvsupastar

At this point it would be cool but what could have been is already passed. Just imagine the match Sting vs Shawn Michaels at WM about 10 years ago
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

fantana

Quote from: hvsupastar on July 07, 2013, 06:50:10 pm
At this point it would be cool but what could have been is already passed. Just imagine the match Sting vs Shawn Michaels at WM about 10 years ago

10 years ago Vince woulda done Sting like he did Vader, Terry Taylor, and Ronnie Garvin IMO.....but yeah, that match would have been great

hvsupastar

Quote from: fantana on July 13, 2013, 09:22:06 pm
10 years ago Vince woulda done Sting like he did Vader, Terry Taylor, and Ronnie Garvin IMO.....but yeah, that match would have been great

Ironically Jim Cornette says Shawn Michaels was the reason Vader didn't succeed. Idk he pushed Goldberg to the ceiling
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

TomasPistola

Quote from: fantana on July 13, 2013, 09:22:06 pm

Tend to agree with you. Vince never allowed a WCW guy to come in and just own his own creations. Foley got a win over Taker, but Mankind was a Vince creation so it kinda counts. Sting would have been buried for not doing things the "WWE way" in the ring and been jobbed out.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Stan HAMsen

Vince never gets enough credit for protecting Flair during his first WWF stint.  They didn't do anything that hurt Flair's character.  Same for Arn & Tully's run just before that.

And, of course, Jericho has certainly been booked well since jumping from WCW.

I have no idea why everybody assumes Vince would want to bury Sting.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Stan HAMsen on July 27, 2013, 11:40:19 am
Vince never gets enough credit for protecting Flair during his first WWF stint.  They didn't do anything that hurt Flair's character.  Same for Arn & Tully's run just before that.

And, of course, Jericho has certainly been booked well since jumping from WCW.

I have no idea why everybody assumes Vince would want to bury Sting.

You clearly don't remember Jericho's run in WWE. He came in on fire - setup for a feud with the Rock. Jericho was taken off that feud and lost many matches. It took him a long time to get back on track. Jericho admits this in his own book.

You couldn't bury Ric Flair. His name was known world wide. As a matter of fact - Ric had an agreement with Vince that if Ric didn't like how he was being used or wasn't main eventing he could leave at any time with proper notice.

You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hogfan1003

There is a match at the next TNA pay per view with the MEM and Aces & Eights that the person who gets pinned has to leave TNA for good.  Could this be Sting coming to WWE??

Eddie Goodson

It will not surprise me if it is him losing. Seems like I read he was about to take some time off.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Richard_white

It would make sense for Sting to wrestle at mania.  Put him in the HOF and be the only one that is in the HOF in TNA and WWE.

hvsupastar

dhornjr1

Quote from: TomasPistola on July 27, 2013, 01:09:07 pm
You clearly don't remember Jericho's run in WWE. He came in on fire - setup for a feud with the Rock. Jericho was taken off that feud and lost many matches. It took him a long time to get back on track. Jericho admits this in his own book.

You couldn't bury Ric Flair. His name was known world wide. As a matter of fact - Ric had an agreement with Vince that if Ric didn't like how he was being used or wasn't main eventing he could leave at any time with proper notice.

I totally mark out watching it now. The words that Jericho spoke 14 years ago that night are actually true now.

"What was once a captivating, trendsetting program, has now deteriorated into a cliched (let's be honest), boring, snooze-fest that is in dire need of a knight in shining armor. And that's why I'm here".

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hvsupastar on August 10, 2013, 05:59:41 pm
TNT itself is less than 10 years of being apart of Wwe history
If you ever want to see the WWE return to the level it once was, you need to hope TNA becomes a major player. The reason the WWE is in the state it is in now is lack of competition. You will only see a continued erosion until there is viable competition to push the WWE to excellence again.

TomasPistola

Quote from: dhornjr1 on August 10, 2013, 06:59:12 pm

I totally mark out watching it now. The words that Jericho spoke 14 years ago that night are actually true now.

"What was once a captivating, trendsetting program, has now deteriorated into a cliched (let's be honest), boring, snooze-fest that is in dire need of a knight in shining armor. And that's why I'm here".

It was brilliant work. He got alot of heat in the back over those promos too.
You were right.
You did a great job.

hvsupastar

TomasPistola

Quote from: hvsupastar on August 11, 2013, 08:24:48 pm
@Eddie I agree but I just don't see it happening

Agreed. Bringing in washed up MMA fighters isn't gonna help.
You were right.
You did a great job.

The Lake Lizzard

Quote from: TomasPistola on August 11, 2013, 08:30:03 pm
Agreed. Bringing in washed up MMA fighters isn't gonna help.

They still have a very talented roster though and I honestly don't think we have to worry about the washed up fighters becoming champs or dominating the programs. I think Spike tv is paying them anyway so it's basically free pub. Why would they turndown the chance to reach potentially new fans for free?

hvsupastar

They've had tito on before, along with Frank Trigg. This is when Kurt Angle was flirting with UFC for real, and as far as I can see it didn't bring in any new fans then. I don't know why it would now